• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October rains…are they all day typically?

daniMarie

Earning My Ears
The weather forecast is showing rain almost every day next week. Does it typically rain all day long? Tips?

No. But…….it may not rain at all. Or it may (more typically) rain in the afternoon for two hours. Or it may rain all day. This past week, the weather has been fall-like and glorious, with cool temperatures and little rain. But…..it is a semi-tropical climate and it could totally rain for three hours.

It’s so hard to predict- I’ve avoided bringing my grandkids to WDW in June-October because they can’t handle hot weather. September is usually the worst- but I should have brought them last week because it was perfect weather!

You just can’t tell. Two years ago on Halloween it was 90 degrees.

The daily afternoon thunderstorms of the summer start to taper off in October. Its highly unlikely you'll run into a day when it rains all day. You'll most likely get a brief storm in the afternoon which will quickly dissipate. You may not even get that.

It looks like mid/high 80's with the highest rain percentage at 38%. This is from orlando weather. We'll be there on Sunday so I thought I'd check it out! :)

Probably wont rain. The dry season has started according to the local tv meterogists. It really hasnt rained too much
Lately. I wouldn't worry about it.

In past years when we have been there in October, it does rain on occasion, but not often. When it does rain, it was usually 15 minutes to an hour. Rarely longer than that. Usually just long enough for people to leave the park.

We are transitioning from the wet season to the dry season. During the dry season we only get rain associated with weather fronts. We don’t get the afternoon sea breeze storms like in summer. So it depends on how strong the front is and how fast it is moving. Sometimes they bring very little rain and sometimes it rains all day, although it’s usually not heavy rain like summer either. I would say if the rain chance is 30% or less you probably won’t have to worry.

I say to always prepare for rain no matter how much or how little. Luckily I have waterproof trail runners that are comfy for all day park and backup socks. That little bit of rain and give squishing socks all day.

I love it when a rain storm comes in. Seems like many families pack up and leave. We just grab a spot under a porch and wait. Then 30 mins later when the rain stops, all is good and half the crowd is gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter