• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October trip advice..anyone from Denver or Chicago?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Hi!
I planning a weekend getaway (Oct 31st) for my 4yr old niece who would like to know the snow (!)
And so far the top choices seem to be Denver and Chicago... (due to airfare direct deals from Houston)
which one do you think is better for that experience pls?
Any recommendation?
Thanks!

Snowed on Halloween last year in Chicago. But was 80 degrees the weekend before.

It's a crap shoot this time of year.
We’ve had snow in NJ on Halloween too, but it’s not normal. My sister lives right out of Chicago, I don’t recall snow being on the ground for Halloween in the past 20 years except last year (she does a big display). The chances are probably around 1%.

There is not always snow in Colorado in October.
Yes it has snowed in the mountains already but it did not last. We are skiers and the resorts do not open untill Thanksgiving. Major Snow season December- March.
Frontier airlines, Denver is the hub their is always cheap prices but about every 6 weeks they offer 11 fare deals. Subscribe to Retail me not news letter they will let you know when.

The Bahama Bucks Snocone Store in Sunset Walk Kissimee, Fl will deliver a bucket of snowballs. I think they just opened in Southlake, Tx.
Maybe a location nearby?

Hi!
I planning a weekend getaway (Oct 31st) for my 4yr old niece who would like to know the snow (!)
And so far the top choices seem to be Denver and Chicago... (due to airfare direct deals from Houston)
which one do you think is better for that experience pls?
Any recommendation?
Thanks!
I mean I've lived in both areas and your chances of seeing snow in Oct is bettee in CO...and your chances of being able to drive somewhere reasonable from Denver- into the mountains or up Pikes Peak etc...ur chances are pretty darn good for end of Oct.

The Bahama Bucks Snocone Store in Sunset Walk Kissimee, Fl will deliver a bucket of snowballs. I think they just opened in Southlake, Tx.
Maybe a location nearby?
That's really cool.. but southlake is near fort worth... so at least 5 hours away.
I am going to check that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter