Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Workouts

Does anyone on here use an Oculus Quest for working out?
Yes!! I'm a Beat Saber junkie!

We got our Quest when it came out last year and we play it all the time. Two of my (adult) dd's have the Rift, which is what got us interested in Oculus. I also play Pistol Whip a lot; that's a thigh buster better than yoga, IMO! These are not exercise games per se, but they are really good for getting you moving, especially the newest song in Beat Saber, Fit Beat which is designed to get your heart rate up. I bought the Monster Cat packs, but not the others. The free songs that come with it are really good, and they added the 90 and 360 degree modes, which are a lot of fun too. They come out with new free songs a few times a year. We cast onto our google chrome on one of our tv's so we can watch each other playing and compete against each other.

The Rift has mods made by other people that you can play for Beat Saber, like Mortal Kombat song, etc. but the Quest doesn't. But the Quest is better for moving around since you're not locked to a cord. They have a new control free feature that I didn't set up yet.

One note, and I talked to my eye doctor about it, is that it is not recommended for children under 12. My eye doctor said it has something to do with their eyes not being fully developed and they don't have the capability to go from VR (which is close up even if it doesn't feel like it) to far away quickly. I asked his opinion because we have friends who have a 10 year old and she wanted to try it. He said they can try it, but they really shouldn't be playing on a regular basis while they're still growing/developing. YMMV. All my kids are adults so we don't have an issue.

Yes!! I'm a Beat Saber junkie!

We got our Quest when it came out last year and we play it all the time. Two of my (adult) dd's have the Rift, which is what got us interested in Oculus. I also play Pistol Whip a lot; that's a thigh buster better than yoga, IMO! These are not exercise games per se, but they are really good for getting you moving, especially the newest song in Beat Saber, Fit Beat which is designed to get your heart rate up. I bought the Monster Cat packs, but not the others. The free songs that come with it are really good, and they added the 90 and 360 degree modes, which are a lot of fun too. They come out with new free songs a few times a year. We cast onto our google chrome on one of our tv's so we can watch each other playing and compete against each other.

The Rift has mods made by other people that you can play for Beat Saber, like Mortal Kombat song, etc. but the Quest doesn't. But the Quest is better for moving around since you're not locked to a cord. They have a new control free feature that I didn't set up yet.

One note, and I talked to my eye doctor about it, is that it is not recommended for children under 12. My eye doctor said it has something to do with their eyes not being fully developed and they don't have the capability to go from VR (which is close up even if it doesn't feel like it) to far away quickly. I asked his opinion because we have friends who have a 10 year old and she wanted to try it. He said they can try it, but they really shouldn't be playing on a regular basis while they're still growing/developing. YMMV. All my kids are adults so we don't have an issue.

I tried Pistol whip but I'm not a fan of shooting games, but I've heard it's a great exercise game. Can't do 360 on Beat saber-very confusing! With sidequest, you CAN add mods for BeatSaber for the quest. I added about 40 songs, but many of them are either kind of lame, or way too hard for me, an occasional user. My kids are 18,21, 22, and 25 so we are good there, although somehow, I'm really the only one using the quest!

With sidequest, you CAN add mods for BeatSaber for the quest. I added about 40 songs, but many of them are either kind of lame, or way too hard for me, an occasional user.
I'll have to try that! I can do some of them on my dd's rift but I'll never be able to do Solace of Oblivion. That's insane!
My kids are 18,21, 22, and 25 so we are good there, although somehow, I'm really the only one using the quest!
We're almost-empty-nesters, with only our youngest still at home and in college. She's 20. The others don't live with us, but each has their own rift, although one is buying a quest too, for the ability to not be tied to the pc. Glad you enjoy yours too!

Have any of you ever tried the Wander app? It's free to download and use. Just like google earth. I went and visited my childhood neighborhood that I haven't seen in many, many years. I cried. So many memories. I "walked" around the block and remembered friends I had long forgot about. Just seeing their house triggered the memories. I also visited gardens that we saw in Japan last summer. You can also visit landmarks anywhere around the world. Last summer my daughter did an internship in Ghana and I was able to visit the slave castle that she visited, in great detail. Heartbreaking.

I just checked and it's $9.99. Did you look at the Disney parks and resorts? I'm wondering if it's worth it?

I just checked and it's $9.99. Did you look at the Disney parks and resorts? I'm wondering if it's worth it?

The oculus store has sales and sometimes freebies. We must've got it as a freebie, sorry! I doubt it would be worth it. I do love the app though.

You can buy apps, and as long as you use it less than two hours, you can return it if you don't like it. I've done that with a lot of apps.

Today’s classical music Supernatural workout was something different! Have I missed more non-rock regimens?

Today’s classical music Supernatural workout was something different! Have I missed more non-rock regimens?
I just saw that it was something symphony! Was wondering if it actually was classical music. That must be the first classical, I've never seen one. I'm a violinist so that would be really cool to try. I keep injuring my shoulders though so I'm on day three of no playing. I had minor shoulder issues before I started playing and have to be careful.

I'm a child of the 70's and 80's and always love that music but am finding I really like a lot of the more current stuff, especially Lizzo.

I just checked-it is all classical musical-all pieces I've played in orchestras as some time or another. So cool!

I just checked-it is all classical musical-all pieces I've played in orchestras as some time or another. So cool!

They add some some beats during expected swings so the songs have a subtle techno vibe, but it was still a nice change of pace!

Did everyone see Oculus is coming out with a new Quest 2? Pre sales going on now, for delivery in October.

I did see this. It's supposed to be more lightweight, cheaper but I read somewhere, cheaply made. I'll have to look for the article I read.

Checking in to see if there are any new Oculus Quest users since Christmas. Maybe you got one for your kids. Lots of great fitness uses for the Quest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter