Odd Question - Can I leave and someone else move into the room?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
So I am going with my daughter to the Cheer competition in January. She and her cheer friend want to stay a few days after the competition is over. With her friend moving into her/my room. They are over 21so that is not an issue. I want to make one reservation for the 7 days. I would leave on day 5 and her friend would move into the room for he last 2 nights. If the room is in her name is this possible or will it mess up the park tickets and magic band?

Thank-you!

I expect if you have all the names on the reservation for those who will be staying at some point, you'd be fine with your plan. I also expect you could have the reservation in your name or hers without any issues around tickets and MB.

You can do this. I would recommend putting your daughter as the lead guest and making a room-only reservation. You can either just list you and your daughter on the reservation when it is booked and then inform the front desk that you are leaving and friend is arriving (thereby taking your name off the reservation and adding the friend). You could also just put all 3 of you down now, but you will incur an extra adult fee if you do that.

Your daughter's friend would have to have the reservation linked on her app under plans so her band will open the door

I would leave on day 5 and her friend would move into the room for he last 2 nights. If the room is in her name is this possible or will it mess up the park tickets and magic band?
You could add the friend to the room by going to the front desk of the resort and having them add her. This will allow her to access the room. They can give her a key card to use in case there is an issue with Magic bands. I would do this at the end of your 5 day stay so that you don't incur any additional room charges for having more than two adults in the room. :)

You could add the friend to the room by going to the front desk of the resort and having them add her. This will allow her to access the room. They can give her a key card to use in case there is an issue with Magic bands. I would do this at the end of your 5 day stay so that you don't incur any additional room charges for having more than two adults in the room. :)
This:thumbsup2

And when you do this at the front desk, request a sheet change. RIV did that for me when I asked in person (not on the phone!), not sure if a value/mod will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter