Oddball Wedding Invitation

DH and I would have had a good laugh over it and I would have accepted. I understand the "etiquette", but as a friend it would not have bothered me in the least.

DH and I would have had a good laugh over it and I would have accepted. I understand the "etiquette", but as a friend it would not have bothered me in the least.

:thumbsup2 I like the way you put this. You seem like a nice person. Life is SO much less difficult when you're easygoing! ::yes::

If I'd been sending the invitations, I'd have written, "Mrs. OP's Wife and Guest," not Plus One, but other than that, who cares? As somebody pointed out, they are having the wedding they can afford, and as it turns out it's a limitation with hall size and not finances that caused the invitation to be worded this way. I think it's nice that the 2 people who know the bride best will be able to attend (although I'd have been tempted to send DD in your place, OP, even if the invitation had come to "Mr. and Mrs.").

Why do people get so tweaked about who IS and who ISN"T invited to weddings? :confused3 I am going to what is sure to be a "fun" wedding next week- my nephew's getting married. Aunts, uncles, and first cousins are invited. If the first cousin is married or engaged, their SO is also invited. No second cousins, which leaves out my nieces 4 kids, and no dates, so DD20 isn't bringing her boyfriend, just herself… although one SIL (groom's aunt) has decided that since her DS20 has been in a committed relationship for about 4 years, his GF is coming as part of the family and she automatically accepted for 4, not 3 (as on the invitation). The wedding is at 1pm (Catholic Mass) with reception at 5pm. We have to fly to get to this wedding and it will involve at least 3 hotel nights. Bride and groom are registered at 2 places and also are "graciously accepting cash gifts for our dream honeymoon" (actually registered at a travel agency, and that's listed on the 'wedding web page'). I think there's something here for EVERYONE to get cranky about; I'll let you know if it's a cash bar or open. :rotfl2:

(Actually, I am looking forward to going to this wedding! My nephew is the first of his generation in our family to wed and I'm sure we're gonna have a GREAT time!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter