Oddity with Regions bank?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Anyone else have a checking account with Regions and purchases made come of your online account and come back a few days later? It makes ot appear you have more moneycthan you actually do. Since I watch mine like a hawk, I can see when this exactly happens and I note it with no issues. But why? Why does this haplen?

Never heard of them but online reviews seem rather negative and talk about various issues working with them. Not sure of your exact issue, but checks can take several days to process and some of those reasons aren't the fault of the bank. If you pay some company by check sent in the mail, it can take several days for the mail to be delivered. That company may/may not process checks daily.

1708727703736.png

Love our Regions Bank. Originally had it in Illinois, and was delighted to find the bank in our retirement city in Georgia. Never had an issue with them.

Please post your bank statement along with the full account #, your mom's maiden name, your high school mascot and your favorite WDW restaurant; and I'm sure someone here will be able to figure out your issue.

Love our Regions Bank. Originally had it in Illinois, and was delighted to find the bank in our retirement city in Georgia. Never had an issue with them.

Please post your bank statement along with the full account #, your mom's maiden name, your high school mascot and your favorite WDW restaurant; and I'm sure someone here will be able to figure out your issue.
I'm sure. No doubt.

Never heard of them but online reviews seem rather negative and talk about various issues working with them. Not sure of your exact issue, but checks can take several days to process and some of those reasons aren't the fault of the bank. If you pay some company by check sent in the mail, it can take several days for the mail to be delivered. That company may/may not process checks daily.

View attachment 836349
Wasn't a check. Debit card purchase. Just odd.

If I had to guess it has to do with the banks charge approval rules. When you make a charge it is nothing more than an approval until the merchant closes the batch. Most often this will happen with online orders where you’re not supposed to charge the customer until the item ships. Sometimes you will see the charge a few days later after the approval no longer shows on your account even after an item ships because someone has to manually select your order. with some platforms you have to provide the tracking number to actually charge the customer. Yes there are some that just select all orders and charge them each day as well. This all somewhat like the hold rules Disney has. Although the hold visually falls off your account it is still there until charged or released or after for most banks credit or debit 30 days.

If I had to guess it has to do with the banks charge approval rules. When you make a charge it is nothing more than an approval until the merchant closes the batch. Most often this will happen with online orders where you’re not supposed to charge the customer until the item ships. Sometimes you will see the charge a few days later after the approval no longer shows on your account even after an item ships because someone has to manually select your order. with some platforms you have to provide the tracking number to actually charge the customer. Yes there are some that just select all orders and charge them each day as well. This all somewhat like the hold rules Disney has. Although the hold visually falls off your account it is still there until charged or released or after for most banks credit or debit 30 days.
It was an online order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter