Oddly specific hotel search

Jenn31708

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I've always had luck here before, so I'm hoping some of the rockstars here can help me. I know that what I am looking for is VERY specific, but it's what would work best for our family. We don't want to rent a car, because we would need a van or 2 cars, and that will get expensive. I have done some reading on the LYNX bus route, and we want to stay along that. So here's my wish list for a hotel...

We are planning a trip in September for a total of 8 people. We are two families, and we would like to have two spearate two bedroom suites. We would love one with a free breakfast, continental or regular, on the LYNX bus line with a not horrible travel time. And a pool of course.

Any suggestions?

Actual 2-bedroom suites (and not a bedroom with another room that can be a bedroom at night) are slim pickings. Homewood Suites is the one I found. They have several locations; I am not sure where you're going to want to avoid a "horrible travel time." Disney? Universal?

I'm not familiar with the Lynx bus routes, so I can't speak for that. You might want to consider renting timeshare units for cash directly from the resorts. Some ideas:
Vistana
Hilton Grand Vacations (multiple locations)
Marriott (multiple locations)
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
and lots of others

You won't get a free breakfast, but you will have a full kitchen in each unit. You can easily get groceries delivered from many different delivery companies.

Renting directly from an owner is probably not realistic because you need two units.

Actual 2-bedroom suites (and not a bedroom with another room that can be a bedroom at night) are slim pickings. Homewood Suites is the one I found. They have several locations; I am not sure where you're going to want to avoid a "horrible travel time." Disney? Universal?
Sorry, We're doing Disney. And yes, we would like 2 separate bedrooms if possible

Looking at the Lynx system map here: https://www.golynx.com/resources/pdf/LYNX_System-Map_December_2020_web.pdf it looks like you have lots of options. The hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd would all be good, and the already mentioned timeshares are certainly an option. The Vistana Resort and Marriott World Centre are also both located on route 304 (the route is named Rio Grande/Vistana). It looks like you can transfer to the buses to the different parks at the transfer center at Disney Springs.

Hi all! I've always had luck here before, so I'm hoping some of the rockstars here can help me. I know that what I am looking for is VERY specific, but it's what would work best for our family. We don't want to rent a car, because we would need a van or 2 cars, and that will get expensive. I have done some reading on the LYNX bus route, and we want to stay along that. So here's my wish list for a hotel...

We are planning a trip in September for a total of 8 people. We are two families, and we would like to have two spearate two bedroom suites. We would love one with a free breakfast, continental or regular, on the LYNX bus line with a not horrible travel time. And a pool of course.

Any suggestions?

I would personally focus along Route 50 - Palm Parkway area because time is just too valuable to waste on travel. Look at Sonesta ES Suites Lake Buena Vista, they have two bedroom with kitchens.

https://www.orlandohowto.com/support-files/orlando-bus-routes/disney-area.pdf

Looking at the Lynx system map here: https://www.golynx.com/resources/pdf/LYNX_System-Map_December_2020_web.pdf it looks like you have lots of options. The hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd would all be good, and the already mentioned timeshares are certainly an option. The Vistana Resort and Marriott World Centre are also both located on route 304 (the route is named Rio Grande/Vistana). It looks like you can transfer to the buses to the different parks at the transfer center at Disney Springs.
The schedule (which HopperFan linked) shows Route 304 runs only two buses southbound and one northbound per day. That won't suffice. The only relevant bus routes that run all day are Routes 50 and 56. Both pass quite a few hotels. While I have taken a Lynx bus to the TTC, my hotel did not have 2-bedroom suites, so I can't recommend one.

Try Melia Orlando Celebration. 225 Celebration Place Celebration, FL. The hotel is on Lynx bus route 56. It's in a good area. In addition to standard rooms and one bedroom suite it also offers two type of two bedroom suite. One with a double master that has two bedrooms, each with a King size bed, and a living room with a sleeper sofa. The other type of two bedroom has a King size bed in one bedroom, 2 double beds in the other bedroom, and a sleeper sofa in the living room. They don't offer breakfast but they do have full kitchen in the rooms. There is a Publix market not too far away.

I put in the random dates of Sept 5-11 for 3 adults and 2 kids under 12. For a two bedroom double master I got a rate of $142.62 a night or roughly $856 for the 6 nights. This was a rate that could be cancelled up to 7 nights before check in.

The hotel also offers a very limited shuttle to WDW. You might be able to utilize this along with the Lynx buses to have a bit more flexibility.

Also, I highly recommend avoiding Celebration Suites in front of old town. Don't let the Celebration name fool you these are two very different types of hotels.

Best of luck with your planning. I hope you have a great vacation.

Any suggestions?

So LYNX bus they now have an app which makes it really easy to buy tickets.
I would recommend the 7 day unlimited ($16)
Day Pass unlimited ($4.50),
Per Ride ($2)

If you go to the google map and zoom in on the streets you will see a blue square bus icon with every single LYNX bus stop. Now the time tables only list the main stops like Disney TTC, Disney Springs, Sea World. So for an individual hotel stop you have to figure out a guesstimate between the main published stop or note when the bus comes to your hotel stop. (For example the stop in front of the LBV Homewood Suites/Hilton Garden Inn I could see out of my hotel room would come promptly every 30 minutes at 1:17/1:49/2:19/2:49/3:21 pm) heading south to Disney.

There are 4 main areas you can stay:
1. IDrive
2. Sea World Area
3. Lake Buena Vista Area
4. Disney Springs Area

1. IDrive area

You take the 42 from the airport to Idrive. This takes maybe an hour and 20 minutes.

This area has a ton of restaurants and Walgreens/CVS and is close to Universal.
Disadvantage is that you have to take LYNX 8 down to the Sea World area and then transfer to LYNX 50.
So you have to wait about 15 minutes for the LYNX 50 at Sea World.

2. Sea World Area
This area is kind of ideal for both parks in the sense that if going up to IDrive or Universal you just take the LYNX 8. And if going to Disney you just take the LYNX 50 down to Disney.

The LYNX 111 Express will go from the airport to the Sea World area in about 50 minutes.
(Be aware that the LYNX 111 goes one way in a sort of one way hotel loop, so if it drops you off on the right side of the street from the airport, the stop to go back to the airport is not across the street. It's counterintuitive).

In this area the Homewood Suites at the Theme Parks and Stay Bridge Suites are close to the LYNX 50 bus stop.
Also Renaissance Sea World (never been there) and the Double Tree Sea World (This place is okay and cheap but the walls are paper thin)

There is also a Hilton Grand Vacations that has multiple bedrooms right across from Staybridge.

The only drawback to this area is that there are almost no fast food or restaurants in the area. Only a CVS, 7 eleven and Bonefish Grill. That's it.

3. Lake Buena Vista North

This area is along the LYNX 50. On the upper half of Palm Park way you have the Homewood Suites LBV, Hilton Garden Inn, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites cluster. There is a bus stop right at the entrance to the Homewood Suites/Hilton Garden Inn. There is also an Embassy Suites (but for some reason there is a $20 resort fee for the LBV Embassy suites). Most have the free breakfast.
This area has no food options although a new Poritllo's should be opening up about a 10 minute walk away soon.

On the lower half of Palm Park way you have Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista, Courtyard Marriott, Sheraton. Multiple bus stops dotted in front of the hotels. This area is in walking distance to 100s of restaurants and stores.

4. Disney Springs area

This area all the hotels have the dumb resort fees. The Double Tree is really nice and has a huge living room (with sofa that could serve as another bed) with two bedrooms. but no free breakfast.
Bus stop right in front of the Double Tree and the B resort.

*The West Irlo Bronson/192 Area. (Western area)
I do not recommend this area if you don't have a car. There is no direct LYNX bus here.
You have to take the LYNX 56 from Disney TTC which takes you east across I-4 and then you have to get out and transfer to the LYNX 55 that take you back west across I-4 to all the good hotels.

*The West Irlo Bronson/192 Area. (Eastern area)
This area you would just be taking LYNX 56. However I'm not a fan of this area because it's a little run down and the road is huge, always busy, with cars going really fast.

Last edited:
4. Disney Springs area

This area all the hotels have the dumb resort fees. The Double Tree is really nice and has a huge living room (with sofa that could serve as another bed) with two bedrooms. but no free breakfast.
Bus stop right in front of the Double Tree and the B resort.

The Doubletree actually has legit 2 bedroom suites but they have very few of them and might be hard to get two of them. BUT if it's in OP's budget I would look into it because it is a great location to Disney Springs and dining/shopping just outside Disney property. LYNX and their own bus service to parks. I've stayed many times and it's a great option.

Any suggestions?
I would rent two two-bedroom timeshares at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and use rideshare. The resort also has a shuttle you can pay for.

They have full kitchens. You could have groceries delivered and save money by eating breakfast and some other meals at the resort.

This resort is next door to Caribbean Beach resort in the middle of Disney zone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter