Odds and ends to pack?

Scissors and safety pins.

We always need both of these items at one time or another during a trip.

100% on this. I keep scissors and a corkscrew in my car at all times and I drive down so I always have them. Safety pins are always in my hanging toiletry bag, which never gets unpacked at home, we just make sure to add anything to it when we get home we might have used up on the trip. I learned the hard way on the corkscrew, a girl has to have her priorities you know.

I use ebags to make packing and unpacking very easy. I pack everyone's clothes in their own individual ebags and when we get to the resort, I simply put the ebags in the drawers, unzip them and I'm unpacked.
Do you mean packing cubes? Ebags is a company that sells a wide variety of, well, bags.

My family and friends make fun of all my little odds and ends.... until .... add in swelling music... they need something...

Here's my list...some thing go in the bags every trip, and for some items it depends on where we are traveling.

We suitcase share, in case that someone suitcase doesn't make when flying this way everyone has clean under garments, and a change of clothing or two. My daughters did not want to share... until one of there suitcase got misplaced on a cruise, thankfully the tears stopped once she realized that she had her own clothes, they found it and was at our door the next morning. No more whining about it after that.

What's in my carry on's - med's, make-up ( just a few basic's), travel size shampoo, conditioner, body wash and face wash is a must I have rosacea, and it is under control and I must have my products. A change of clothes, night wear, flip flops I never travel without these, a pair of socks for everyone ( security and mom/honey my feet are cold). Bathing suit and cover up. Hair brush and some hair gel. travel size personal toilet paper/wipes and seat covers (ever been in a stall and wished for a seat cover and there's no toilet tissue). Travel size Kleenex pack's, Travel size Lysol wipes, yep I'm the lady wiping down the tray tables, arm rest and seat belts.

2 sizes of day bags, collapsible cooler, 2 sizes of zip locks, night light, face cloth's, hand soap in the pump, power cord strip, extra batteries, rain jackets with a hood, hand wipes and hand sanitizer, I also bring my own toilet paper.

Some type of snacks for the flight, and room.

Sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, bug repellent,

At least 2 pairs of walking shoes, for the just in case you get caught in the rain, which turns into a flooded street, and your shoes are soaking wet, and they don't carry a size 13 men's shoe in the resort gift shop... nuff said...

There are plenty of places to find Disney items, Dollar Tree, the Dollar zone at Target, Disney store online or if you live somewhere near an outlet that has a Disney outlet...

With the ages of your girls, you might want to bring a double stroller, or rent one. My friends just did a family trip, with their kids and grandkids, Her one son did not want to deal with a stroller, which her other son joined in on.... that lasted about all of 10 minutes and they just walked to the pool and food court the 1st night, so my friend had to end up paying for 2 double strollers rentals for the week. Yep she now can say I told you sooo... priceless...

Along with a lot that was mentioned I also bring moleskin. So if you have a spot on you flip flop that is starting to rub put a piece of moleskin on the flip flop before it turns into a blister. My step daughter used it on her daughter's princess dress were a spot with rough lace was scratching the shoulder. Just remember to have rounded ends so it will stay in place better

We travel with a collapsible stool for our 3 year old so he can wash his hands after using the potty. (or climb up to the big potty)

I travel with lots of ziplock, cetaphil hand soap, refillable water bottles, laundry soap, dryer sheets, laundry bag, dish soap to wash bottles.

Oh, and our carryon has kids pjs, swimsuits for all, and change of clothes for whole family. I also include anything that is needed for that night's bedtime in the event luggage is delayed.

The one odd end I'm definitely packing for my Feb 2018 trip: big, fluffy, terrycloth robes. We're staying at BC for my birthday and I absolutely will go swimming in Stormalong Bay, even if it's cold out. I just need something to keep me warm when I get out of the heated pool! :rolleyes:

Moleskin. If you get a blister on your foot, pop a piece on, and you are good to go!

I also now only bring socks I know my feet like. One trip I purchased a new brand, and they and my feet did not get along. Ended up buying new socks, new shoes, and putting moleskin all over my feet.

At someone’s suggestion last time I bought some dish soap infused paper towels (you buy them that way) to clean out our refillable mugs. They worked great and I am planning on bringing them again!

Could you show pictures please?

In my carry on I pack enough to last me for 24 hrs. Change of clothes, underwear, pjs, bathing suit, extra pair shoes, flip flops. Travel toiletries, hair brush/comb, Small park purse. Last trip my luggage went MIA for 48hrs :crazy2:

In my luggage I also pack breakfast stuff. Pouches of instant oatmeal, bagels ( buy cream cheese in resort shop), granola. Carabiner to attach Resort mug to crossbody strap. I’m usually still drinking my coffee on the way to bus or monorail. When finished I rinse out and attach it to my strap and use it to transfer ice water to drink at parks. And if we are visiting another resort, refill mug at refill station. Then when we return to our resort can stop on the way to room to fill mug. Zip lock bags are a must. And a few laundry pods. We usually have 2 week stays and do laundry mid trip. Disinfectant wipes. I wipe down room phone, remote, door knobs, drawer pulls, light switches, anything I think housekeeping may miss. Travel power plug. Those plugs on back of desk/dresser are old, and half of them don’t work.

Tide to-go Stain Stick
Bleach tablets
Laundry pods
Fabric sheets

I also bring a mini bottle of body spray to freshen up at the parks.

Could you show pictures please?
I don't have pictures but what I do is take one of the sponges that is scrubby on one side and a sponge on the other. Cut the sponge into four strips with your scissors. Put some liquid detergent on each strip and let it dry. I then put the sponges, one for each day, into a zip lock bag. These work so well for cleaning cups, etc. In fact, we used them on a tent camping trip this summer in Yellowstone and the Tetons. I also used them in my classroom to wash my coffee cup each day. They are perfect because you don't have to carry liquid soap.
Have a fabulous trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter