Odds of Castaway Cay Cabana Opening?

pearljammer

DIS Veteran
Good Day All, Has anyone ever had such luck as to find a cabana open up after they were all sold out? If so, how close to your cruise date? I’m merely trying to get an idea of how long I should stalk the site........as it may feel like FOREEEEEVER!

Worst case, get on the standby list when you get on the ship. We got a cabana once by doing that.

Ah, thanks Steve for advising on a standby list as I wouldn’t have thought of that......great. Thank you sir.

I was thinking of trying for a waitlist but not going to bother given they are short on cabanas even for guests who reserved them because of the hurricane damage.

Since some are still closed, I think the odds go down significantly as there are likely Concierge folks on a wait list already.

We are on the waitlist for our 2/2/20 cruise and shoreside advised us that there are multiple guests ahead of us. So I’d venture a guess that unless you’re concierge and on a waitlist it probably isn’t going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter