• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

# of beds in accessible rm at 3 resorts

videogal1

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the resorts board and was directed to the experts on this board.....
Can anyone give me the lowdown on the bed arrangement in the accessible rooms at these resorts?

1. Beach Club
2. Poly
3. AKL

I know (because I learned it on this board, thank you very much) that there is only one king-size bed in each of the accessible rooms at the Wilderness Lodge ,which could make for some interesting sleep-time partnering, and I'd like to avoid a similar conflict should I be assigned to an accessible room in any one of these three resorts for the Disney Marathon in January... I've been paired to room with the coach and she's nice enough, but just not high on my list of sleeping partners, so I'm hoping that these three resorts don't follow the pattern of the Wilderness Lodge.... (number-of-bed-wise).

I have since learned that #s 1 and 2 have 2 queen size beds.

Anyone out there know more?

:confused:

Welcome to disABILITIES.

I have not used the accessible rooms, but can provide some information.

The rooms at WL are the same size as AKL, so the rooms should basically be the same.

The rooms at Y&B are larger, with normal rooms having two queens.

The rooms at Poly are largest and normal rooms have two queens and a day bed.

You might want to call Special (medical) Reservations at 407-939-7807. They can definitely provide answers.

AKL accessible rooms have two queens and the bathrooms are the best, in terms of accessibility, that I've found. ---Kathy

Originally posted by dclfun
AKL accessible rooms have two queens and the bathrooms are the best, in terms of accessibility, that I've found. ---Kathy

Kathy, can I ask you to elaborate about what makes the AKL bathrooms the best for you? I noticed one time that there are many accessible rooms at the AKL so it must have been a priority in their plans. How does it compare to others where you've stayed?

The bathrooms at AKL are first of all, very large, with the tub on the opposite side of the toilet area, sink inbetween. There's plenty of room for a chair, space under the sink to roll under, space next to the toilet, etc. We tried to stay in an accessible room at the Yacht Club last year, but had to be moved. Their bathroom had the toilet right next to the tub, so there was no way to get a chair next to the tub to transfer over. The entire bathroom was very small and angled, making it difficult to even enter in a chair. A manager came up to see this room and agreed with me that it wasn't very accessible. Perhaps the ones with roll-in showers would be better, but I can't use one due to the medical equipment attached to my chair and concerns about all of it getting moisture inside. Out of 800 + rooms at the YC, only 10 are "accessible", and none of them have a nice view either...sigh. None are in concierge. I was told the bathrooms at the Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn are exactly the same, so I'll never be able to stay at one of those resorts. Just FYI, I couldn't stay at WL either or POR, but the Contemporary and Coronado Springs also had good accomodations. All Stars are a bit of a squeeze, but they are okay. Hope this helps! ---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter