Of course we're going back to Disney - where else would I be? A July, '19 PTR - Updated 07-01

Okay, I haven't updated in two weeks!!! I am so very sorry! Because my friends I am down to single digits!!!

NINE MORE DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!

I'm not excited or anything.

I still haven't taken out the suitcases, but they have been taken out of the closet and they are in their "getting ready to be used" position outside of the closet. I have started the pre-packing process of setting more things on the dresser in preparation to be packed. I've found the charger to my camera, got the bathing suits, ponchos and sunscreen out, things like that. Also Kroger had an amazing sale on six packs of flavored water, so I bought 9 packs. We will not be thirsty in the July heat in Florida!!! The only thing that has bummed me out is that for some reason, we did not receive any magical mail for this trip. There were no luggage tags and Tony didn't get his magic band. I still have mine from the last trip because I don't misplace things and then look at my spouse and say "I don't know what happened honey". So I assume he will get his band when we check in, even though I've already done our online check in. But we will have to go to the check in desk anyway because I have gift cards that I want to put on our account and I need to show them our handicapped parking tag so that the parking fees are waived. I was just surprised that none of these things came in the mail.

I have been monitoring/stalking the weather forecast for Orlando, and surprise, surprise - highs in the 90's and a small percentage of rain each day.

Hello and welcome to Florida in the summer! The hot weather really doesn't bother me. I know, I'm an odd duck.

This past Friday Tony and I went to see "Toy Story 4". I absolutely loved it. I won't give away spoilers, although if you've read anything online then you know what the movie is about. It certainly didn't make me the emotional wreck I was after watching "Toy Story 3", but I didn't want to be crying like a big baby. And how can you not love Forky? And we went to a drive-in theater. I've not been to one since high school!

Drive in 1.jpg

Drive in 2.jpg

I also have to share a picture of my adorable great nephew who turned 2 a couple of weeks ago. He loves Mickey Mouse (my boy) so that was the theme to his party. We bought him his own Mickey table and chairs so that he has his own space.

Eli.jpg

I love how his hot dogs has to be on one plate, beans on another and bread on another one. And my other niece just found out she's having a boy in December and the nursery theme is Lion King. I won't have any money by the time we get home.

:cheer2: Pictures of the cabana- WOW!!! I can see you and Tony lounging in those chairs, sipping a cocktail (or two!)

I will have a cocktail or two or three and toast to all my DIS Board pals!

Wow - that looks so fancy! You will feel so pampered - enjoy every minute!

I cannot wait!

Your trip is so close! I had to laugh at the getting ready to be used position of your suitcases. I do the same thing - once they leave the closet and are visible, that signals the trip is near :-) At first I wondered how in the heck is she getting all that water to Florida - then I remembered that you drive. It's a long drive for us but it sure would make it easier to take more "stuff". Strange about no Mickey mail?? Hoping the social security (or disability?) issue was resolved? Happy travels - I'll be watching for updates!

ACK! I'm not sure how I have missed this PTR. I love following your reports.

Even though I'm a fluffy gal, I do not hesitate to wear sleeveless shirts and capri leggings and just let my fluffiness fly free.

As a fluffy gal myself, This made me literally laugh out loud. The older I get the less I care what others think about me. My hubby and I will be in Disney in August and I am sure I will have the same mentality. Living in Alabama, I am used to the heat and humidity so I will definitely be dressed accordingly.

Also, I have never been to St Augustine, but I have friends who go every year for a big family trip and my son and DIL have gone with them for many years (this will be the first year they will be there as husband and wife). As a matter of fact they will all be there while my hubby and I are at Disney! The photos of St Augustine are gorgeous! My son brought back a bottle of water from the Fountain of Youth several years ago and we still have it.

I think there is a dark cloud over my head. Just a little one. But it is definitely spitting out hard and cold droplets of rain on my head!

The van died last Thursday.

Well, not completely dead, but the electrical system stopped working on Thursday. The van would drive, but all of the lights on the panel were coming on, the gas gauge went down to empty and the oil pressure light went down to empty. And the wipers were going without them being turned on. So it was like the van was possessed. Turns out we need a new TIPM, which in my non-mechanical brain translates to a brain transplant. The part has been ordered and I am hoping and praying (yes, I prayed about it this morning) that it is fixed today. Of course, this repair is not covered by the warranty. So in order to cover the $1300 repair bill, we had to cancel the St. Augustine part of the trip. If we had kept it, we would be completely wiping out our savings account and that is just not smart. But the Disney part of the trip remains intact. Everything has already been paid for and if I had cancelled we wouldn't have gotten any money back. I didn't buy trip insurance (I never do), so we are going.

The good news is that I got an e-mail that Tony's magic band has shipped. We should get it today or tomorrow. I wonder why it took so long to ship. For previous trips we would get them a few weeks prior to departure. But that's one less thing I have to fool with when we check in. I did the on-line check in process, but I have a Disney gift card that I want to put on our account when we arrive. So I'll have to do that along with showing them our handicapped parking tag so the parking fee can be waived.

I have gotten most of the packing done. The cooler is cleaned out and ready. I need to run to the grocery store and get soft drinks and car snacks and to the bank to have some cash on hand. But I need my van back!!!

Three more days until departure - four more days until arrival. I probably won't post anything else on here until I get back, so I thank everyone who has followed along with my planning. Despite the bumps in the road, we are going to have the most magical vacation ever!

Your trip is so close! I had to laugh at the getting ready to be used position of your suitcases. I do the same thing - once they leave the closet and are visible, that signals the trip is near :-) At first I wondered how in the heck is she getting all that water to Florida - then I remembered that you drive. It's a long drive for us but it sure would make it easier to take more "stuff". Strange about no Mickey mail?? Hoping the social security (or disability?) issue was resolved? Happy travels - I'll be watching for updates!

We always drive so there is no limit to the amount of crap I can bring with us. Suitcases, cooler, packs of water, car snacks, pillows. The list can go on and on. I love my minivan.

Social security still has not been resolved. It is all still "under review". We are just still plugging along.

ACK! I'm not sure how I have missed this PTR. I love following your reports.

As a fluffy gal myself, This made me literally laugh out loud. The older I get the less I care what others think about me. My hubby and I will be in Disney in August and I am sure I will have the same mentality. Living in Alabama, I am used to the heat and humidity so I will definitely be dressed accordingly.

Also, I have never been to St Augustine, but I have friends who go every year for a big family trip and my son and DIL have gone with them for many years (this will be the first year they will be there as husband and wife). As a matter of fact they will all be there while my hubby and I are at Disney! The photos of St Augustine are gorgeous! My son brought back a bottle of water from the Fountain of Youth several years ago and we still have it.

I stopped worrying a long time ago what strangers think of me or how I look. I don't hesitate to wear tank tops or a bathing suit or whatever else makes me comfortable. If someone is bothered by me, who cares?!?!? I have to be happy with the skin I am in. Any my outfits are pretty darn cute.

Sadly St. Augustine had to be cancelled. We will catch it next time around.

That's too bad about your van! Once you get it back I'm sure it will be smooth sailing. Sorry you had to cancel part of the trip but it sounds like the smart thing to do. Happy travels and have a wonderful time! I'll watch for your TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter