Off ship today 3 night Very Merry Cruise

I don't know the chances but I've seen a few reports recently of 2 GTY rooms being connected! Good luck! I'm sailing on the 10th on the Dream too!

I always get such great info here that I wanted to share - we just got off the Dream this morning 3 night Very Merry Christmas Cruise. This was our first Christmas themed cruise, and our first short 3 night cruise. We are a family of six and had two VGT staterooms - we wound up in connecting cabins 10628 & 10630 - both rooms were able to sleep 5 with the pull down bunk and Murphy bed.
Friday’s PAT was 1:15pm, but weather was awful With rain and wind so things were backed up at port. We dropped luggage, waited to get into garage, did the swab and got through testing for the all clear in total in about 1hr 40 minutes. We were on ship, did the muster drill sign off, dropped things in our room and were in cabanas at 3:30. The ship left after 6pm while we were watching beauty and the beast both due to passengers boarding late because of the back up and a technical issue that caused the ship being unable to travel at full speed to castaway cay for Saturday. Because of that our all ashore was after 10:45 and they adjusted our all aboard by a bit to after 5pm.
We were told passenger count was expected around 1500. The ship never seemed crowded. The decor was up for Christmas but the gingerbread house was blocked off and not complete. There was no tree lighting and minimal activities - holiday animation, dickens carolers, story time with Mrs Claus, and Santa was in the atrium waving from the balcony that we saw available. The other things I have read on here that were done in the past I didn’t see like “snow” or cookie decorating.
I do not have pics of the navigators but am happy to report Mickey waffles and omelets were available in cabanas. This made our son very happy :)
Our 15 year old did not go to Vibe at all and our other kids did not attend 1820, but 1820 activities were listed. Youth club activities were not listed like they were in the past, only the open houses were showing on the schedule.
We attempted a couple of activities that the venue was at capacity when we arrived so we missed them even though we were early, after that we made sure to be very early when in the district for events.
Our serving team Van and Arunee were fantastic! As was our stateroom host Rueben.
Thank you so much for the update! Do you by any chance recall the names of the cruise director and assistant cruise director ...? And was either Drew?
Thanks!

Was the merchandise generic parks Christmas merchandise, or cruise line Christmas merchandise?

going on the fantasy on Thursday … thanks for the info!!
The christmas merchandise we saw was both Disney Cruise Line and generic Disney Christmas merchandise. We purchased a Disney Cruise Line Christmas ornament for this year with Captain Mickey and Captain Minnie

Were there Mickey waffles in Cabanas on debarkation morning?
We ate in the dining room debarkation morning so I do not know if Cabanas had mickey waffles. I know my son asked about them in the dining room and was told they were not available for debarkation morning.

I just booked these same rooms for December 10 How were the rooms?
And what about the shows...just one? and fireworks?
We had never stayed in the deluxe family verandah rooms before so were happy with the extra space. They are noisier than other staterooms we have had in the past - they are under cabanas so occasionally we could hear things being moved above us, but it was nothing that disturbed us or impacted our time.
Our fireworks showing was 10:30 Saturday night after Castaway Cay - we did not go and see them. My son is autistic and can have some reservations to the noise. My other kids were out and about and not worrying about fireworks unfortunately, so I can't really report on that. Although I can tell you they lasted 3 minutes so when they tell you to be there on time they are not kidding.

Thank you so much for the update! Do you by any chance recall the names of the cruise director and assistant cruise director ...? And was either Drew?
Thanks!
Ashley Long was the cruise director, I do not recall ever hearing an assistant cruise director.

We ate in the dining room debarkation morning so I do not know if Cabanas had mickey waffles. I know my son asked about them in the dining room and was told they were not available for debarkation morning.
This was on the Dream, right? Were there debarkation announcements going off in the MDR during debarkation breakfast on your cruise, such as announcing luggage tags, and character voices saying goodbye? That loudly occurred on the Magic last month, and if the Dream is like that, too, I'll probably eat a debarkation breakfast from Cabanas in my stateroom.

We had never stayed in the deluxe family verandah rooms before so were happy with the extra space. They are noisier than other staterooms we have had in the past - they are under cabanas so occasionally we could hear things being moved above us, but it was nothing that disturbed us or impacted our time.
Our fireworks showing was 10:30 Saturday night after Castaway Cay - we did not go and see them. My son is autistic and can have some reservations to the noise. My other kids were out and about and not worrying about fireworks unfortunately, so I can't really report on that. Although I can tell you they lasted 3 minutes so when they tell you to be there on time they are not kidding.

We are going on the Dream in room 10630 in 3 weeks. Was it 2 bunks, murphy bed and queen? Just trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements for my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter