• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off-site 2-bedroom hotel recommendation

There's a Marriot Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista. We've stayed there and we like it. You don't have to go on the expressway to get to the Disney parks. Also, I believe it's a little closer than the SeaWorld location.

Floridays Resort Orlando. It's on I-Drive close to Disney Springs. We staycation there for many years and like the set-up (2 and 3 bedroom suites).

I just looked under Diamondresortsandhotels. and checked a couple random dates end of March. I looked at the AAA rate for a 2 bedroom is $143 (before tax) just say no thanks to the timeshare speech - and that is refundable up until a day before. Just make sure you go with the AAA rate as the others can be non-refundable. That is why I always choose it as my plans change so much. We really like it there also, very convenient. Or Cypress Pointe - same complex - but no elevators. Good Luck
Thank you very much for posting this information. I was able to use the AAA rate for around $120 per night including all taxes and fees at Bryan's Spanish Cove.
The AAA rate was key to having some cancellation flexibility.

Thank you!

I just looked. WAY more than we want to spend. A 2-br would be around $400/night there. I guess I should have specified cost in my post. I'd want to be under about $150 ideally. Definitely under $200.
The last time we visited was during summer months, but we booked in July for an August trip through Vacation Strategies. We got a great deal (we only booked a one bedroom, though). We also got a call that the owner was able to give up a free upgrade to a Presidential Suite. I think if you book closer to the date you have an opportunity for a good rate, but you do take the chance with availability.

I am glad. I understand with the flexibility. We have had some medical things going on the last few years and really needed that. Hope it is works out for you.

I also used Skyauction for a week at the Sheraton Vistana 12/4-12/11 this year and paid $399 total for a 2 bedroom unit. It was our first time staying at the Vistana and we absolutely loved it. It was a great deal.

A lot of AirBnB properties have free cancellation. My only tip with AirBnB is to make sure that the property you book has plenty of reviews and is from a Superhost.

I know you probably already booked somewhere, but if not we love Sheraton vistana... normally we stay at the idrive location.
I do not use bonvoy points I book it using skyauction.com because it's so reasonable and save my points for another day. We pay about $600 for a week 2 bedrooms living room full kitchen washer dryer
There is a great thread on here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/
Is there cancellation flexibility with skyauction? I am booked at the Vistana LBV for April vacation week and we are paying $1181 for 6 nights for a 2 bedroom. We usually stay at Windsor Hills but needed the flexibility to cancel since we are living in a covid world. My kids are really going to miss the on-site water slides. 🙁 I would much rather pay $600 instead of $1200 for the Vistana! Just nervous about losing our money if we need to change our plans!

Is there cancellation flexibility with skyauction? I am booked at the Vistana LBV for April vacation week and we are paying $1181 for 6 nights for a 2 bedroom. We usually stay at Windsor Hills but needed the flexibility to cancel since we are living in a covid world. My kids are really going to miss the on-site water slides. 🙁 I would much rather pay $600 instead of $1200 for the Vistana! Just nervous about losing our money if we need to change our plans!
We have never cancelled so I can speak from experience.. but the website says they have insurance.
http://www.skyauction.com/insurance.do

For our trip "Flexible Changes" coverage was offered for $69 and provides cancel or change for any reason within 3 business days of check-in without penalty. You could receive a refund minus the cost of the coverage and processing fee which I believe was $20.

We are frequent visitors and almost always stay off-site in a rental condo or house. We have a trip planned for late March (for the DIS/GKTW event). I'm really not confident that the event will actually happen due to COVID so I'm hesitant to book a rental property that doesn't allow last minute cancellations. Many are posting that you have to cancel 2 weeks or a month in advance. That's no good.

So I'm thinking about doing a hotel instead with a 24 or 48-hour cancellation policy. We'd likely know well before then that we aren't going but I don't want to take any chances.

We want 2 actual bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen. A timeshare unit would be fine as long as they have the cancellation policy (and we aren't required to attend a sales pitch). We stayed at one of the Marriott properties once (Cypress Harbor maybe) and it was very nice, so that's definitely a consideration.

Also, we are Marriott Bonvoy members so would prefer something in the Marriott family as we could earn and/or use points.

ETA: Price wise, looking for $150 range. Definitely under $200.

Any suggestions?
Hi Steve, have you tried Redweek yet? That's the site I use to book directly from timeshare owners. It does require a membership fee to buy/sell, but looking and browsing is free. I have used them often so the fee is worth it to me. Also, Tripbeat and SkyAuction have had good reviews too. Of course there is always TUG if you are willing to wait for the 45 day mark and grab a week in a 2 bedroom from an owner for $800 or less. I am sure you will know if you are going or not when you hit that 45 day mark. I have done this quite a few times. One year I got a Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2bedroom for only $599 for the week. I got it from an owner who was going to lose the week if she didn't use it by the last week of August and I needed it for the first week of August. Many people understand the uncertainty of CoVid and are willing to work with you. Personally, I would take my chances at the 45 day mark without hesitation. I am confident you will find a safe and reputable seller to rent from from any of those places at a pretty decent price. Especially on Redweek and TUG. It doesn't hurt to take a look at both right now and see what is out there. Good luck!!!

I want to thank everyone for all of the great suggestions. As it turns out, and as I expected, the event has been cancelled and rescheduled for September. I had not yet booked anything because I was quite sure that would happen. But I really appreciate all of your responses.

I want to thank everyone for all of the great suggestions. As it turns out, and as I expected, the event has been cancelled and rescheduled for September. I had not yet booked anything because I was quite sure that would happen. But I really appreciate all of your responses.
I happen to like the idea of August, September and beyond. If the vaccines are effective as expected, we may see things moving closer to normal again. I would book for September without hesitation. I am planning our family vacation for 4 weeks in August (7/31-8/28). I seem pretty confident. But I am not confident enough to commit to airfare yet. :rolleyes1

I happen to like the idea of August, September and beyond. If the vaccines are effective as expected, we may see things moving closer to normal again. I would book for September without hesitation. I am planning our family vacation for 4 weeks in August (7/31-8/28). I seem pretty confident. But I am not confident enough to commit to airfare yet. :rolleyes1
The problem with moving it to September is that many of the people who would attend also plan to be there for the 50th on October 1st and may not be able to visit twice within 3 weeks.

We are booked for the 50th but we may still do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter