Off Site Dining after Universal

SilentK

Mouseketeer
Morning,

Currently still a year out from our trip but I've been playing around with dining choices today and hoping you lovely people can help....

We don't drive so will be taking a taxi to and from Universal Studios, staying at SSR. Is there anywhere nice en route where we could jump out of the taxi for dinner before taking another one back to SSR?

There is an Orlando Alehouse and a Golden Corrall just out side of the Universal Entrance. Mall of Millenia is five minutes away as well with a good food court and, more importantly, the Cheesecake Factory.

Rach78 said:
There is an Orlando Alehouse and a Golden Corrall just out side of the Universal Entrance. Mall of Millenia is five minutes away as well with a good food court and, more importantly, the Cheesecake Factory.

Fab, thank you :)

Are the first 2 walkable from US?

Is there any reason why you wouldn't choose to eat at City Walk? There are some fabulous dining choices there and it would be a lot easier to then catch a cab back to SSR from there later.

Personal favourites of ours at CityWalk are Margaritaville, NBA City and Nascar Cafe, but Bubba Gump and Emeril's also get good reviews. There is a project underway currently which is introducing several new eateries, so there will be even more choice by the time you go.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't choose to eat at City Walk? There are some fabulous dining choices there and it would be a lot easier to then catch a cab back to SSR from there later.

Personal favourites of ours at CityWalk are Margaritaville, NBA City and Nascar Cafe, but Bubba Gump and Emeril's also get good reviews. There is a project underway currently which is introducing several new eateries, so there will be even more choice by the time you go.

I second the suggestion :)

I have eaten at antojitos it was excellent, everyone raves about the new vivo. Cowfish will be open and of course some great choices at the onsite hotels as well if you have not had the pleasure of seeing those resorts first hand.

I second the suggestion :)

I have eaten at antojitos it was excellent, everyone raves about the new vivo. Cowfish will be open and of course some great choices at the onsite hotels as well if you have not had the pleasure of seeing those resorts first hand.

I cannot wait to try Cowfish :thumbsup2

I would say eat at Citywalk. We got a cab to Giordanos (pizza) on our last trip though, which was fab!

wilma-bride said:

We're not against City Walk, I really want to try Bubba Bumps :) I was just thinking of taking the opportunity of somewhere more budget friendly.

I'm off to Google Cowfish now :)

Quick tip if you do eat at citywalk i think quite often by booking at table when you arrive there are discounts on offer. From memory think we had a discount for hard rock

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter