Off site restaurants

First Watch, there are several locations... great breakfast, if you come in the fall the pumpkin pancakes are just Delicious!.
I second that on First Watch, but be sure to get there early (especially the Windermere location on CR 535) or you will be waiting for a good long time.

I second that on First Watch, but be sure to get there early (especially the Windermere location on CR 535) or you will be waiting for a good long time.

There is one in Winter Garden, as well as one in Clermont... just so you know...

From restaurant snobs:

Columbia in Celebration. Spanish. Amazing!

Charlie’s Steakhouse.

Cafe TuTu Tango - Great Tapas

Del Frisco was good too but Charlie’s blew them away.

We also like Bahama Breeze for happy hour, solid drinks, apps and bar food.

Seasons 52 is good if you don’t have one near you. (We do.)

Plant Street Market in Winter Garden has great eats. We got sushI from one place and empanadas from another, fresh doughnuts. They also have a BBQ place that looked good. Great place to go to satisfy varying tastes!

We are coming down for a month and it’s hard to decide between old favorites and new adventures.

For something moderately priced: + 1 for Ford's Garage, a chain that is mostly just in Florida. They have one in Dearborn, MI (Ford Headquarters) too. Fun theming. Here is a link: https://www.fordsgarageusa.com/

A more expensive option (almost a whole evening of entertainment with the artists and taro card readers) is a small plates place called cafe tu tu tango. My nephew who lives in Orlando is who first took me here: https://www.cafetututango.com/
I'm intrigued, especially by Cafe Tu Tu Tango. Would you tell me a little more about the artists and taro card readers? Would it be good for kids? Is there entertainment at lunch or only dinner?

I'm intrigued, especially by Cafe Tu Tu Tango. Would you tell me a little more about the artists and taro card readers? Would it be good for kids? Is there entertainment at lunch or only dinner?
I haven't been post COIVD-19. Here is their number to give them a call. 407.248.2222 I have only been for dinner. Last I went was for dinner with junior high age and above who are also reasonably experimental eaters which I think would be a helpful trait for kids to have here. We had a party of ten. Our extended family group kids were junior high, high school, and college age. Each did a card reading / tipped card reader which would be expected (found this to be super fun). I have never done anything like this before, but Taro card reader was great with our older kiddos. There were also several artists working on watercolor paintings. You could watch them work and chat with them. I think it would be fun for older elementary and above. My take: Very good food and lots of fun, but not inexpensive when you throw in the tips for Taro card reader, some drinks, all the fun/yummy small plates we ordered to share, etc. - think pricing for us per person ended up being similar to doing Disney table service. For us going here is a special dinner. (They have a kids menu too for pick eaters and a $30 fixed price menu.). It for us was a whole evening of entertainment. We with our large group, we just bought various plates to share. // Hoping someone else who has been there more recently than me can post too. Would be great for you to hear from someone who has been who has younger kids than ours too. My guess would be yes for entertainment at lunch, but I would call. I posted this earlier, but here is the website again too. https://www.cafetututango.com/contact-us

Last edited:
Any good Cuban places?

I don't want to go anyplace where I can get just as good at home. So, no chains, no BBQ, no 'Mexican', no Cajun. I do love a generic American breakfast, so that is the exception. But, while I do know of a good Cuban place, it is too far of a drive. So, that is high on our list.

Any good Cuban places?

I don't want to go anyplace where I can get just as good at home. So, no chains, no BBQ, no 'Mexican', no Cajun. I do love a generic American breakfast, so that is the exception. But, while I do know of a good Cuban place, it is too far of a drive. So, that is high on our list.
I haven't been to this location but Padrino's, which is a favorite of ours in South Florida, has a restaurant in Orlando. Padrino's Cuban Cuisine.

Went to Fords Garage for the first time a few weeks ago. Recommended.

Another vote for Charley's Steakhouse also (I usually go to Celebration). I like their seafood also.

Tried Fogo de Chao (Brazilian Steakhouse/"steak buffet") on I-Drive recently for lunch and it was terrific.

Several other places in Celebration are worth a look depending on what you want like Celebration Town Tavern for seafood or Columbia Restaurant.

Tried Thai Thani on I-Drive this past trip also. Their signage looks cheesy to me on the outside of the building but the Pad Thai was excellent.
Love the burgers at Fords!

Sofrito Latin Cafe- it Located at 8607 Palm Parkway, which is very close to Hotel blvd, It's kinda across the street from Olive Garden..

Serves Cuban, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan, Colombian,... it has really great reviews... and the food is traditional and Delicious!
As well they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner...

Our favorite offsite is Columbia in Celebration. It's Cuban Spanish cuisine and they do both full menu and Tapas. It's been in Florida since 1905 (I believe the family still owns it, the original was in Tampa) and has a great menu (and the first time I ate there I was diet restricted and they worked with that beautifully)

https://www.columbiarestaurant.com/Menus-By-Location/Locations/Celebration
Plus it's in a really neat little area that you can walk and window shop.

Our favorite offsite is Columbia in Celebration. It's Cuban Spanish cuisine and they do both full menu and Tapas. It's been in Florida since 1905 (I believe the family still owns it, the original was in Tampa) and has a great menu (and the first time I ate there I was diet restricted and they worked with that beautifully)

https://www.columbiarestaurant.com/Menus-By-Location/Locations/Celebration
Plus it's in a really neat little area that you can walk and window shop.
We ate there earlier this month, after parking across the street from it and looking up the menu online. We really enjoyed it and plan to eat there again on future trips to Orlando.

We just started staying off property a few years ago and once thing we have loved is being able to eat off property. We do find ourselves still drawn to Disney Springs to use our reward dollars on some meals. We enjoyed these places our last two trips:

Bahama Breeze - fun drinks, big menu, tropical feel, we plan to keep this as our arrival day meal from now on

Celebration Town Tavern - loved this joint in Celebration so much we did three meals from there the last trip, bar feel, outdoor seating was nice, loved the tuna appetizer, great variety for a family of four that tends to like different things

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - this was in Kissimmee and is one of our favorites for special occasions, pricey but delicious steaks...get the filet, chopped salad, and sweet potato casserole

Uncle Julio's - a chain Mexican restaurant but we have had good experiences, great guacamole, the bacon wrapped shrimp is yummy (our first experience here was great, not such great service the last trip but I think they were having a bad day)

I am eager to try Columbia in Celebration. We have walked by it several times and I am sure my husband and I would love it. My kids are picky and were not interested in the menu when they looked.

For something moderately priced: + 1 for Ford's Garage, a chain that is mostly just in Florida. They have one in Dearborn, MI (Ford Headquarters) too. Fun theming. Here is a link: https://www.fordsgarageusa.com/

A more expensive option (almost a whole evening of entertainment with the artists and taro card readers) is a small plates place called cafe tu tu tango. My nephew who lives in Orlando is who first took me here: https://www.cafetututango.com/
Went to Cafe TuTu Tango years ago it’s really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter