Off Site Rope Drop Holding Areas

vleeth

I heart Disney
Where are the current holding areas to rope drop for off site guest for each park?

We are trying to decide what time to arrive for our mid-December trip.

Thanks!

I believe everywhere but MK holds you outside the tapstyles. MK lets you scan in but then you get held at the ropes to the various lands. We are offsite for our upcoming trip as well and I think this is what I have read.

This was summer of 2022

Epcot is to the left of Spaceship Earth after you scan in. You can't get past Spaceship Earth.

MK is in the HUB Circle at the Castle, you can only enter via Fantasyland and Tomorrowland until after 9am. They will let you past the ropes at 8:55am.

AK, you can scan in but have to wait after the wheelchairs, photoshops/Rainforest Cafe

HS: You can go through security but have to wait before the scan and wait towards the right. They will scan you at 8:50-8:55 am.

This was summer of 2022

Epcot is to the left of Spaceship Earth after you scan in. You can't get past Spaceship Earth.

MK is in the HUB Circle at the Castle, you can only enter via Fantasyland and Tomorrowland until after 9am. They will let you past the ropes at 8:55am.

AK, you can scan in but have to wait after the wheelchairs, photoshops/Rainforest Cafe

HS: You can go through security but have to wait before the scan and wait towards the right. They will scan you at 8:50-8:55 am.

Thanks! This is super helpful.

This was summer of 2022

So are Epcot, AK, and MK all re-scanning onsite guests a second time?

So are Epcot, AK, and MK all re-scanning onsite guests a second time?

Yes. There is a line of CMs with hand held scanners. They scan 1 person‘s MB & verify how many are in your group & let you pass. I assume they’ll scan a room card if you don’t have a MB. At MK, there are CMs with signs directing those eliglible where to go for early entry.

This was summer of 2022

Old thread so hopefully this info is still accurate. My question is for AK. Are you able to explore the oasis before rope drop? In particular i want to see a few of the animals.

Old thread so hopefully this info is still accurate. My question is for AK. Are you able to explore the oasis before rope drop? In particular i want to see a few of the animals.
They hold you before the bridge to discovery island, so your oasis plans would half work as they won't allow you up the left side walkway.

Yes. There is a line of CMs with hand held scanners. They scan 1 person‘s MB & verify how many are in your group & let you pass. I assume they’ll scan a room card if you don’t have a MB. At MK, there are CMs with signs directing those eliglible where to go for early entry.
This is how it worked for us last month.

This was summer of 2022

This is how it was in May. 👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter