Off to the magic tomorrow!

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
I'm heading to DLP tomorrow with 3 friends - all pretty much newbies (one of them visited the park as a young child).

We're staying at the Cheyenne - can't wait. I've booked for 2 people and adding the other 2 on check in...even though I've done this several times in the past I always get slightly anxious about it not working. I haven't mentioned it on the booking, should I perhaps phone in the morning?

This is likely to be my last trip to the parks for a few years, as my boyfriend and I are saving to buy a house. So I'll make sure it's a goodie!

I'm also confused by the TGV site - checked it a couple of weeks ago and again tonight but it keeps saying there are no tickets available tomorrow night. I intend to just turn up and hopefully get on a train - I guess there's always the bus otherwise...

You won't need to pre warn them as all the rooms sleep 4 at The Cheyenne, but it won't do any harm to say you are bringing new friends and want to make sure they have a great time in a nice room.

Hope you have a great time :tigger::dumbo::mickeyjum

I'm also confused by the TGV site - checked it a couple of weeks ago and again tonight but it keeps saying there are no tickets available tomorrow night. I intend to just turn up and hopefully get on a train - I guess there's always the bus otherwise...

what time tomorrow night will you need the train or bus? if its from CDG, they both stop running around 9pm from memory.

eta - just checked the sncf website for tomorrow, fares and train times are showing for me, with the last one being at 9.17pm tomorrow evening.

and it looks like the last VEA coach (now called magic shuttle) leaves CDG at 7.45pm.

http://magicalshuttle.co.uk/timetables-prices/charles-de-gaulle-shuttle-schedules/

Last edited:

what time tomorrow night will you need the train or bus? if its from CDG, they both stop running around 9pm from memory.

eta - just checked the sncf website for tomorrow, fares and train times are showing for me, with the last one being at 9.17pm tomorrow evening.

and it looks like the last VEA coach (now called magic shuttle) leaves CDG at 7.45pm.

http://magicalshuttle.co.uk/timetables-prices/charles-de-gaulle-shuttle-schedules/
Thanks Elaine - I couldn't get any train times after 8pm up on sncf, don't know why. Our flight lands at 8.50pm so that last train is almost impossible. Is it because it's a Sunday they stop so early?

Might be a last minute shuttle booking tomorrow for an expensive private car of some description, which sucks :(

Thanks Elaine - I couldn't get any train times after 8pm up on sncf, don't know why. Our flight lands at 8.50pm so that last train is almost impossible. Is it because it's a Sunday they stop so early?

Might be a last minute shuttle booking tomorrow for an expensive private car of some description, which sucks :(

Your other option is to get the RER which runs later. Its not the best option as you will have to change in Central Paris (don't need to change stations) and will also take approx 2 hrs - however it is the cheapest option

Your other option is to get the RER which runs later. Its not the best option as you will have to change in Central Paris (don't need to change stations) and will also take approx 2 hrs - however it is the cheapest option

Panic over - booked First Shuttle to pick us up at the airport tonight, and RS Transports for going back (RS was cheaper but didn't allow a booking at such short notice). Because there are 4 of us, it has all worked out around the same price as the TGV.
I was too complacent about the TGV, which I've always just jumped on in the past - but never usually arrive so late at night. That'll teach me!

ah you have it all sorted now, and you'll get there quicker too on arrival at CDG - enjoy!

Let us know how it goes. I am also adding people to the booking at check in and am very nervous they will say "sorry you're not allowed do that anymore"

Hope you are having a fab time and that the weather is not getting you down :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter