Offer Accepted at SSR :) Tell me why I will love it!

I am a new DVC owner, closed on our 220 Pt SSR contract last month. I am super excited about the Refurb, and although we bought this loaded contract to get to Aulani in 2020, I am VERY excited about our first trip home to SSR in 2021. We bought before we knew about the upgrade to the 1 bedroom to add the murphy bed, and WOW! We toured the RIV rooms, and how amazing to have that murphy bed in SSR. <-- game changer.
Lots to be excited about at SSR!!

Awwww, but if it were my very first contract? Yes, I'd be absolutely giddy with delight and eager to play with my new toy. FWIW, my 2nd contract, owned for almost 15 years, is only 25 points and it still makes me smile.
Thanks. It's perfect for how we vacation. We go roughly every other year, usually for three nights. So it's a great entry-level contract for us.

Thanks. It's perfect for how we vacation. We go roughly every other year, usually for three nights. So it's a great entry-level contract for us.

we are SSR owners and have been SSR lovers since we first stayed there 10 years ago for all the reasons people have noted. The renovation is adding the icing to the cake.

it sounds like 50 points is perfect for you. However, don’t kick yourself if you get a case of the dreaded DVC disease: addonitis. You will start longing to go home, and will start pouring over the the various resale sites (just looking around :confused3) and you will decide you need to stay longer.

I've talked myself into and out of literally EVERY DVC property over the past year that I've been pondering this decision. Finally pulled the trigger on a small contract at SSR last night (50 points)! Offer accepted right away. I figured I would start small and affordable, watch what happens with Riviera and potentially add on there or someplace else down the road.

So now I'd love to hear from SSR owners about why my teenage kids, my SO and I (who both play golf...) will love our soon-to-be home resort. TIA!

Our SSR contract passed ROFR today! Thank you for starting this thread. I can't wait to visit.

Your hear a lot of people say SSR is too big or its not this or not that but we own at SSR and our kids love it and we have been visiting for the last 10 years.

We have stayed at other Disney resorts and one thing we found was when staying on resorts like AKV you had people running up and down the corridors late at night as they come home from the parks and then it starts really early as people want to get to the park early so you get very little sleep, this has never happened in all our stays at SSR, with the openness of the rooms you do not get this issue and is one reason why we choose SSR.

Its close to Disney Springs and with the new NBA experience your kids if into basketball will want to go, great food and drink options as well as shopping.

There are two large pools, High rock which has a large pool area and a slide but the better slide but slightly smaller pool is at The Paddock Pool Area, your also find small pools at each area but you may find not slides at these.

Yes its a big resort but we love the fact its so open and your not under each others feet.

Your love it.

I've talked myself into and out of literally EVERY DVC property over the past year that I've been pondering this decision. Finally pulled the trigger on a small contract at SSR last night (50 points)! Offer accepted right away. I figured I would start small and affordable, watch what happens with Riviera and potentially add on there or someplace else down the road.

So now I'd love to hear from SSR owners about why my teenage kids, my SO and I (who both play golf...) will love our soon-to-be home resort. TIA!

I love ssr spa. I love going to downtown Disney by walk way. I love the different themed pools. Golf and fountains pretty. And the grilling picnics areas are great.
Congratulations and welcome home.
Goldi

Last edited:

Just closed a re-sale on adding another 30 points to our SSR contract, i keep an eye out all the time for under 50 points contracts to add to our growing SSR DVC ownership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter