Offer: free "naked" potato heads

Zhoen

FairieVillainMother
Hi y'all,

So one of the tips I got here years ago was to save money at Once Upon a Toy, you buy a "regular" potato head on sale at home, then you have more room in the Disney box for all the fun pieces they sell. It was a flat price for stuff-a-box, so if you didn't have to buy the potato, then you had more room for all the good stuff...

Assuming from the pictures I saw that it's still the same deal, I went ahead and snapped up big bag of potato head stuff at a yardsale yesterday, and after we've sorted and culled and kept 2 potatoes and 1 of each accessory, I have to following to give away if anyone wants them:

2 basic Mr Potato heads- eyes, shoes, arms, nose, ears, green hat, some kind of mouth
3 "naked" potatoes, just the brown part
1 random, spare potato heinie-- the hinge part that attaches to keep all the pieces inside... admit it, you know someone who really DESERVES a potato heinie.

I'm happy to mail these to anyone who can use them here on the DIS, just shout here, then I'll send a PM asking where you want them mailed. If nobody needs them, there's always freecycle and Goodwill, but gotta at least TRY for the pixie dust, first. ;P

Now to see if the filters let me post this... ;D

That's so kind of you!!!! I don't need any but the potato heinie sounds like a great gag gift lol.

Ok, so recap:

As of now, the two "basic" potatoheads have been spoken for and so has one of the "naked" potatoes

So that leaves:

2 brown potato "bases"
1 potato heinie

Still available if anyone can use them. I'm not really expecting anyone actually needs the potato heinie, it's just really fun to say...

Uncharch7 and Jen/Ashwin, I sent you both pm's :)

For the 2 naked potatoe heads - the thrift stores have Mr. and Mrs. parts. Maybe not all at once. But treasure hunting can be so much fun. And if one arm in a sack of My Little Ponies, I would ask, with all kindness, if the arm could taken out of bag and sold on it own. Offer them half the price of the bag, for the arm. But if they say no, to breaking up the bag, just leave it. You don't want to be stuck with a bag of My Little Ponies, you can't use! You will find the parts at another thrift shop. Good luck on you treasure hunting!!

Last edited:
I would love one of the naked potatoes! Thanks for offering these up!

this is a fantastic idea...we have a kids consignment sale coming up and I think I saw potatoes last year...I'm gonna scope it out this year. We will be going right before Christmas so I smell cheap fun Christmas gift idea.

Heather, I sent you a PM

That leaves one more naked potato head if anyone wants it. Meanwhile, I'm heading out to grab boxes. The kiddos LOVE sending off mail!

Ok, so recap:

As of now, the two "basic" potatoheads have been spoken for and so has one of the "naked" potatoes

So that leaves:

2 brown potato "bases"
1 potato heinie

Still available if anyone can use them. I'm not really expecting anyone actually needs the potato heinie, it's just really fun to say...

Uncharch7 and Jen/Ashwin, I sent you both pm's :)

Lol, I told my adult daughter last night, that I got offered a potato heinie,lol. I wish you could have seen the look on her face!

How kind of you. Just for anyone that did not get one of your kind offers, know that if you need to buy a potato head at the store, you can purchase it separately and still have your whole box for accessories. Also know the people that work in that area at MASTERS at getting the most parts possible into a box and they take great pride in that task! They often compete against each other and it is so funny. ASK for their help. We bought a box the year DS was about 6. We rarely go to DS and had never done it but thought he was a bit too old to want to do it. Nope, not only was it a blast to do, but he played with it a TON during the whole trip, even more than the fill your own tub of legos we also did that trip.

I'm not really expecting anyone actually needs the potato heinie, it's just really fun to say...

oh my....that post turned my giggle into a full-out guffaw!
sooooooo glad we don't need any potato head parts - just the thought of searching the house to ensure we have a sufficient quantity of heinies is making my eyes tear :D

Spuds Away! Ok, for everyone who sent me an address, your potatoes, naked or otherwise are on their way.

But treasure hunting can be so much fun.
I think I sense a kindred spirit.

Lol, I told my adult daughter last night, that I got offered a potato heinie,lol. I wish you could have seen the look on her face!
So glad to assist, I'm sure she's given you a few speechless moments over the years! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter