Official 2011 Princess Half Marathon Thread - Link to new thread Post 3703!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I made a no sew tutu and bought a "tiara" at michael's...I'm costume ready. Now, to run tomorrow.

Like! I think I will get a skirt rather than make a tutu, but those no sew look really easy!

I am so loving my garmin 305! I ran 3.2 miles today and it was sunny and 65 here....crazy! My left calf is nagging me....so hoping its just nothing...stretch stretch stretch.

I still need to get my plane ticket, and now i think the family will be at the finish! Hard to believe 9 miles this weekend is approaching...almost ready!

Are you going to run in your costume tomorrow? ;)

Our thread is going to be closed pretty fast here -- OP are you going to start another? princess:

I hope you start another thread . . . I just joined and have already learned SO much!:thumbsup2

Another thread coming up shortly!

I've been keeping an eye on the page count, since I seem to remember that they close the thread at page 250.

I haven't been very active on the thread because I've been rushing around trying to make sure that I meet my fundraising goals for TNT for the marathon. I'm still $500 short. Ugh! I really don't have the money for it either, but I hope that some miracle happens for me. I am really excited for the Princess, but I'm really nervous about making it through the marathon next weekend!

I'll come back and post the link for the new thread in a few minutes!

Okay ladies! You can find the new thread here!!!

I'll transfer any important information into the first and second post in the morning.

Have a Happy New Year!

Okay ladies! You can find the new thread here!!!

I'll transfer any important information into the first and second post in the morning.

Have a Happy New Year!

Another thread coming up shortly!

I've been keeping an eye on the page count, since I seem to remember that they close the thread at page 250.

I haven't been very active on the thread because I've been rushing around trying to make sure that I meet my fundraising goals for TNT for the marathon. I'm still $500 short. Ugh! I really don't have the money for it either, but I hope that some miracle happens for me. I am really excited for the Princess, but I'm really nervous about making it through the marathon next weekend!

I'll come back and post the link for the new thread in a few minutes!

Thanks, Megan! Good luck with the marathon this week-end and happy birthday! party:

Like! I think I will get a skirt rather than make a tutu, but those no sew look really easy!

I am so loving my garmin 305! I ran 3.2 miles today and it was sunny and 65 here....crazy! My left calf is nagging me....so hoping its just nothing...stretch stretch stretch.

I still need to get my plane ticket, and now i think the family will be at the finish! Hard to believe 9 miles this weekend is approaching...almost ready!

I ran 9 miles last Sunday, then ran Tues. 4 and Thurs. 5. Going to try for 10 miles on Sunday.

How do I get that early park pass to get into the race???? Someone said it might be in the packet?

(Someone just told me all you need is your bib number to get into the Epcot starting area.)

I have hip issues!!! I'm fairly certain mine are hereditary though...my dad, grandfather and grandfather's sister have all had hip replacements. My left one has given me small bouts of pain since college but really off and on...more so in the last several years. I was worried about it when I started running, and as my mileage has increased, so has the hip aggravation. I KNOW I need to have it checked out but I'm waiting until after the Princess. Is yours more of a muscle pain or like a joint pain? Mine's definitely joint/bone in the hip and pelvic area...espacially for at least a day after a long run, sometimes longer if I haven't rested enough after a long run. If I even twist or move the slightest bit the wrong way on those days, it literally will take my breath away for a second....OUCH! Fortunately I haven't felt it much during a run...maybe just the slightest twinge a time or two, but usually works itself out after I've warmed up. Sometimes I try to describe it to other runners I know and they always seem to think I should stretch more, but I can't seem to make them understand it's not a muscular thing. I'm concerned about how much walking I'll be able to do after the Princess...I want to remain active after the run so I don't stiffen up...and because I want to have some fun!!!...so I'm hoping it won't be too bad that weekend.

My hips hurt inside after a run back in December. I thought "uh oh", but it went away and never came back. Great reminder to stretch and not over do it. Sometimes it's just a mystery. lol

Update: Ran 10 on Sunday the 9th of Jan. Got a pain in my foot and had to walk a mile. Alternated jogging and running after mile 8 because of the foot. Stretched afterwards and iced my knees. Legs sore, hips sore. Maybe I should ice my hips next time. Husband gave me a massage, God bless him. Today is stretching and strengthening according to Hal Higdon. I feel so much better after stretching a few times. Foot is not sore today. :)

GU gel or Power Bar gel in chocolate flavor is the BEST!

I have been following this thread for forever, but I am the shy, quiet type so never had much to say!

But now it is getting to be crunch time for training. The weather here in Wisconsin has not been great for running, so lovely TM for me lately! I have been busily planning for our trip. I am a 38 year old mom of two. It is my first half marathon (just started running just over one year ago), and our first family trip to Disney! My DS is 7, and my DD is 4. I have been to WDW once, for about 1.5 days, when I was in college with a friend of mine. I remember "It's a Small World," "Pirates of the Caribbean" and dancing at Pleasure Island.

I love reading all the great advice, support, and training updates. I am sending good karma out to all the injuries! I have a few sore spots that seem to be doing okay with regular stretching and icing, so hopefully they hold out! A "shout out" to all the Hal Higdon fans...he has led me well through 5k, 8k, and 10k, so I am sticking with him.

Good luck to you all, keep up with the running!!!!

Jill

I have been following this thread for forever, but I am the shy, quiet type so never had much to say!

But now it is getting to be crunch time for training. The weather here in Wisconsin has not been great for running, so lovely TM for me lately! I have been busily planning for our trip. I am a 38 year old mom of two. It is my first half marathon (just started running just over one year ago), and our first family trip to Disney! My DS is 7, and my DD is 4. I have been to WDW once, for about 1.5 days, when I was in college with a friend of mine. I remember "It's a Small World," "Pirates of the Caribbean" and dancing at Pleasure Island.

I love reading all the great advice, support, and training updates. I am sending good karma out to all the injuries! I have a few sore spots that seem to be doing okay with regular stretching and icing, so hopefully they hold out! A "shout out" to all the Hal Higdon fans...he has led me well through 5k, 8k, and 10k, so I am sticking with him.

Good luck to you all, keep up with the running!!!!

Jill

Jill,
WELCOME!!! :)

I'm relatively new to the disboards but I guess they close the thread at 250 pages so there is a NEW Princess thread that is getting lots of play these days...come join us!

Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2623591

:cheer2:Congrats on starting running:cheer2:...I did that for my 40th 2 1/2 years ago to train for the 2009 Princess! Still not a true runner but crossing that line at Disney is indescribable so I'm in for number 3! I am SO excited for your family's first trip to Disney. Definitely spend some time on these boards getting advice on touring and park tips but most of all, go with the fllow and watch your kids see the magic! Remember that they don't know what they aer missing so enjoy the stuff you get to see thoroughly and if you don't see everything...Disney will always be there.

See you on the other thread!

~~~Jennifer~~~

I ran 9 miles last Sunday, then ran Tues. 4 and Thurs. 5. Going to try for 10 miles on Sunday.

How do I get that early park pass to get into the race???? Someone said it might be in the packet?

The course map doesn't show Port-a-pottie's. Is that because in Fairy tale land no one has to use the bathroom? Where are they hiding them???

The race starts outside the parks, in one of the Epcot parking lots. Buses drop you off (or you drive) and then walk, walk, walk! Warm up! ;)

The portapotties are along the course fairly regularly. Plus, you can duck off the course and pee in MK like I did last year! :thumbsup2 Plenty of places to pee, no worries!

The race starts outside the parks, in one of the Epcot parking lots. Buses drop you off (or you drive) and then walk, walk, walk! Warm up! ;)

The portapotties are along the course fairly regularly. Plus, you can duck off the course and pee in MK like I did last year! :thumbsup2 Plenty of places to pee, no worries!

Thanks for the help. I guess I will go to the other Disney thread. No one told me. I will take a hint and be quiet.

If you drive yourself, what do you think the latest time is to get there so that I don't catch alot of traffic? I really don't wnat to drag hubby and DD too early to just sit in the parking lot but I don't want to be stuck in traffic.
Thanks!

Thanks for the help. I guess I will go to the other Disney thread. No one told me. I will take a hint and be quiet.

What?!?! You asked questions, I answered...I was trying to be helpful! I don't understand why you are taking offense at anything I wrote. I'm not "part" of this thread, I just happened to see your post and replied. I was being nice!

Oh my goodness.

Have a GREAT day and super half and please don't kick the friendly puppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter