Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

They also show 2 choices for 13.1, but no certificate for the 10k. I'm wondering if it was intended to be one of each.

I only did the 10k and didn't get a notification for official times. Is this only for the 1/2?

The finishers certificate that we're speaking of with the incorrect spelling and times is for the Dumbo Double Dare. The certificate for the Half does list the correct times (and isn't inaugural).

Since this is the first 10K race offered by runDisney, we have no reference to whether or not there is/was a finishers certificate or not! I was hoping there would be one because they handed out such nice medals. But it appears as though they won't create certificates for the 10K (because I'd imagine it would be there with our Half and/or Dumbo certificates too).

They don't create certificates for the 5K races either. Even the Expedition Everest Challenge didn't have one!

Yay! I got an email from runDisney saying they were aware of the problem, and were working on it, but I hadn't checked yet.

Our certificates were perfect the first time out ! Sounds like we were the lucky ones . Also thought marathon foto did a much, much better job of getting pictures posted quickly and accurately !

Hello all! Thank you so much for all your contributions to this post. Your stories and most of all your dedication and enthusiasm have been very inspiring to me. I just wanted to quickly contribute a little something myself.

DDD 2013 has been the end of quite a journey for DW and myself. We had wanted to participate in a runDisney event since 2010 but my second tour of duty in Afghanistan put that on a backburner. We were finally able to compete in the TOT 10-miler in 2012 and the Princess Half-Marathon in 2013. The Disneyland Half-Marathon allowed me to earn our Dumbo Medal and our first Coast-to-Coast. Most of all and in retrospect more importantly, it allowed me to finally visit my ailing grandmother in Fremont, CA after so many years of always being to busy to make time. We saw her on the 24th August and she passed away on the 25th. Were it not for runDisney, we would not have seen her before she left us. Disney has always been so good to us, always generous with the pixie dust. Allowing me to see my grandmother one last time truly was a serendipitous gift.

Once again, thank you all for sharing your stories. Your passion and struggles are very inspiring. I do believe you all contribute to what makes Disney so magical

-----------------------------

Summer 1980 Offsite, Summer 1987 DL Hyatt OC, Summer 1989 Offsite, Dec 08 DL Sheraton Anaheim, Aug 09 POP , June 10 POP, Oct 10 Beach Club, Dec 10,CBR, May 11, DLP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 11 Dolphin, Dec 2011 DL offsite, March 12 CBR, June 12 AKL, Sept 12 Beach Club, Feb 13 POR, Aug 2013 DL Disneyland Hotel
Me: :donald: DW: princess: Simba :ccat: Mitten :ccat: Chloe :ccat:
Run Disney:
Feb 13 GSC, Aug 13 DDD, Feb 13 PHM, Sept 12 TOT 10 miler

At the expo there was a booth where you could sign up for vacation packages for the 2014 DL half. Does anyone remember what the name of the booth company was? They already took off the official program w/ the expo center layout from the runDisney website and I didn't save a copy of the program.

At the expo there was a booth where you could sign up for vacation packages for the 2014 DL half. Does anyone remember what the name of the booth company was? They already took off the official program w/ the expo center layout from the runDisney website and I didn't save a copy of the program.

My guess is that it was GET Travel. They handled this year's packages. We went through them and they were super easy.

I'm new to the boards. I just registered for the half through HsuBu Travel via the runDisney Tour Operator Program. Has anyone had experience with this, is it legit? I would assume since it is listed under Preferred Tour Operators on the Run Disney website?

Just wondering how your HsuBu Travel experience was. Considering using them for 2014 DDD registration. Can you give me an idea what hotels were offered, and race registration fees were in 2013? 2014 packages are not posted yet. Trying to decide whether to wait for HsuBu packages, or go ahead and register with Marathon Tours. Thanks for any info you can provide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter