• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 MNSSHP Guest List Thread

6 total -2 adults and 4 kids with no ADRs
DH -Fix-it-Felix
Me- Vanellope
DS2- wreck-it Ralph
DD9 - Tink
DD8 - Rapunzel
DS7 - Agent P

Just received my tickets for October 3!:cool1: I will be wearing a Disney halloween mickey ears tshirt that I bought on a previous trip.

October 29th
7 adults-undecided
3 children (girls)

2 yo Sofia
4 yo Rapunzel
5 yo Undecided (prob Tiana or Tinkerbell)

ADR @ Cinderellas Happily Ever After 4:40

We are going on Sunday Oct 27!!! I will be Webbigail Vanderquack, DH will be a pirate, DD will be Rapunzle and DS will also be a Pirate. My sister and her Fiance are going as well but dont have their costumes yet. I told them they need to go as Mike and Sully!

BooCar3126 said:
We are going on Sunday Oct 27!!! I will be Webbigail Vanderquack, DH will be a pirate, DD will be Rapunzle and DS will also be a Pirate. My sister and her Fiance are going as well but dont have their costumes yet. I told them they need to go as Mike and Sully!

We are too!!

Going Solo!
October 17 - Stretching Portrait Man on Dynamite Keg (BOG 4:35)
October 20 - Merlin from Sword In The Stone

We will be there Oct 3rd with about 15 in our group!

Wow! That's a big group! Will you be dressing up? Will it be an all adult group?

I'm hoping to either attend the 22nd, 24th, or the 27th!! :wizard:

Keep me posted on which one you decide on. :goodvibes

my family will be at The Party on September 20th!
My DH and I are going as Dipper and Mabel from Gravity Falls, our DD is going as Merida and my sister is joining us as Esmarelda from Hunchback of Notre Dame!! My sister going with us is a big surprise to DD, as is the whole trip! :D

How fun! That will be a great surprise! We are going as Gravity Falls characters, too! Can't wait!

Oct 31
4(2A,2C(age5,6))
All doing pirates league @ 6
First MNSSHP!!!

PL is awesome! You guys will have a blast! pirate:

Finally finished sewing DD's costume. Thought I would post pictures of us. I think I need to make the name badges bigger for DH and me as I wouldn't want to be mistaken for the real thing. DD Merida, DS Mickey Mouse, DH and me CM's.
What does everyone think?

Great costumes!

We are going on October 3rd :cool1: so excited!! :cheer2:

How many in your party (including number of adults and number of children)? Will any of you be dressing up?

We're just 20 days out from our trip.

Me & DH will be attending the 27th of September party. We're reusing last years costumes and will be going as Ariel and Linguini.

I dug out my wig and it hasn't faired all that well. It's a tad messy, so has anyone got any tips on how to untangle it? lol.

Here's a pic of us from last years party.

Great costumes! For our wigs, we spray water on them and brush them with a wire wig brush (a.k.a. DD's American Girl Dolly's brush :rotfl:) Works great! We also keep the brush with us (in our backpack) during the party just in case we need it. :goodvibes

Oct 11th- 8 in our group. 5 of us, (plus Duffy), will be Mouseketeers, and the other 3 still undecided (probably Toy Story gang)

Is that 8 adults?

I have a costume update. We are on the list for sept 17th. Dh will now be going as Dr doofensmirtz and youngest Ds will be going as a skeleton.

I'm hoping to find some way to Disney up the skeleton costume.

If there are any really small bones (like little circles in between bigger bones), maybe you could get some white paint and turn them into hidden Mickeys. :goodvibes

I have two updates:

13th 2 adults one ~ Snow White and one ~ Evil Queen 1 child ~ Snow White

17th 2 adults one ~ Minnie Mouse one ~ Pluto 1 child ~ Minnie Mouse

So you have added an adult to your original listing? Just want to make sure you didn't write the wrong thing since it appears one adult and the child are going as the same thing. :goodvibes

Just received my tickets for October 3!:cool1: I will be wearing a Disney halloween mickey ears tshirt that I bought on a previous trip.

"Tickets" as in more than one person or is it just you?

Okay, everyone... The list is up to date!!! We are just a few days away from the first party! Woohoo! Check your listing for any errors or missing info and be sure to post any updates you may have. Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone! :goodvibes

We are adding two adults to our October 10th party. My father and step-mom are making the trip out there, and even though they say they are not dressing up... I'm hoping we can throw some bug antennae or a pair of wings on them to join our group!

I came across this on a thread:

This is Disney's official announcement concerning My Magic + (including MDE and MagicBands) related to hard ticket parties (NoJ, MNSSHP, MVMCP)

Quote:
Guests who are eligible for MyMagic+ also may be attending hard-ticketed special events, such as Night of Joy or Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Following are details about special events and MyMagic+ that will be helpful in answering Guest questions:

MyMagic+ is still in testing and presently there are no advantages to linking a special event ticket to a My Disney Experience account other than the ability to use a MagicBand to touch to enter the theme park.

Because Guests attending these special events should be prepared to present a hard ticket for the event at the main entrance to expedite the entry process, they are discouraged from linking their special event tickets in My Disney Experience at this time. (bolding added)

Guests attending these special events are required to wear an event wristband they receive when entering the park or upon presenting their event ticket at a band distribution area within the park.

Just as Disney’s FASTPASS Service has not been available during special events, Disney FastPass+ service also is unavailable during these events.

Guests who are staying in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and have established charging privileges will be able to use their MagicBands to charge expenses to their resort room during the event.
Note that you can only have one ticket at a time on a MagicBand, so if you have regular tickets and attempt to add a Party ticket you will mess things up!

So now everyone is freaking out about it. My interpretation of the above is that guests are only being discouraged from linking special event tix, because guests would then assume (we all know what happens when we assume!) that because it is on their MDE it automatically went onto their MB. Then guest does not bring actual special event ticket and therefore cannot enter party, resulting in guest having temper tantrum and CMs having a rough night.

I also don't quite believe the "you can only have one ticket at a time on a MB" part, because I've heard of people who have multiple park tickets attached to one MB (for example, they are using the remaining days from an existing multi day pass that are due to expire soon, and also have a new multi day pass) these folks have stated that they simply had CM prioritize the tickets on their MB so that when entering a park, the soon to expire tix are used up first before the new multi day pass is used. So while it may be true that a special event ticket cannot be put onto a MB, multiple regular park passes appear to be no problem.

Finally, the OP on that thread offers no assistance on what to do about special event tickets that automatically load to MDE during purchase.

Anyone have any insight or commentary on this? After the MNSSHP gets underway next week, would someone who had their MNSSHP linked in MDE and is also testing MB let us know what their experience was with this?

The OP on that particular thread is a WDW Employee who works in Ticketing. The information they posted is internal information that they were sharing. Currently, it is only recommended to have one ticket on a Magic Band at one time, only during testing phase.

I came across this on a thread:

This is Disney's official announcement concerning My Magic + (including MDE and MagicBands) related to hard ticket parties (NoJ, MNSSHP, MVMCP)

Quote:
Guests who are eligible for MyMagic+ also may be attending hard-ticketed special events, such as Night of Joy or Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Following are details about special events and MyMagic+ that will be helpful in answering Guest questions:

MyMagic+ is still in testing and presently there are no advantages to linking a special event ticket to a My Disney Experience account other than the ability to use a MagicBand to touch to enter the theme park.

Because Guests attending these special events should be prepared to present a hard ticket for the event at the main entrance to expedite the entry process, they are discouraged from linking their special event tickets in My Disney Experience at this time. (bolding added)

Guests attending these special events are required to wear an event wristband they receive when entering the park or upon presenting their event ticket at a band distribution area within the park.

Just as Disney’s FASTPASS Service has not been available during special events, Disney FastPass+ service also is unavailable during these events.

Guests who are staying in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and have established charging privileges will be able to use their MagicBands to charge expenses to their resort room during the event.
Note that you can only have one ticket at a time on a MagicBand, so if you have regular tickets and attempt to add a Party ticket you will mess things up!

So now everyone is freaking out about it. My interpretation of the above is that guests are only being discouraged from linking special event tix, because guests would then assume (we all know what happens when we assume!) that because it is on their MDE it automatically went onto their MB. Then guest does not bring actual special event ticket and therefore cannot enter party, resulting in guest having temper tantrum and CMs having a rough night.

I also don't quite believe the "you can only have one ticket at a time on a MB" part, because I've heard of people who have multiple park tickets attached to one MB (for example, they are using the remaining days from an existing multi day pass that are due to expire soon, and also have a new multi day pass) these folks have stated that they simply had CM prioritize the tickets on their MB so that when entering a park, the soon to expire tix are used up first before the new multi day pass is used. So while it may be true that a special event ticket cannot be put onto a MB, multiple regular park passes appear to be no problem.

Finally, the OP on that thread offers no assistance on what to do about special event tickets that automatically load to MDE during purchase.

Anyone have any insight or commentary on this? After the MNSSHP gets underway next week, would someone who had their MNSSHP linked in MDE and is also testing MB let us know what their experience was with this?

I just realized that mine still says undecided. We are going October 17th. I will be the Cheshire Cat, DH will be the Mad Hatter, DD4 will be Alice, and DD2 will be the queen of hearts. Thanks!

The OP on that particular thread is a WDW Employee who works in Ticketing. The information they posted is internal information that they were sharing. Currently, it is only recommended to have one ticket on a Magic Band at one time, only during testing phase.

While I do understand that, and am not at all bashing the OP (I really appreciate the heads up that it could present problems), it was presented with a tone that suggested the MB would not work at all if more than one ticket were attached. Especially this sentence: Note that you can only have one ticket at a time on a MagicBand, so if you have regular tickets and attempt to add a Party ticket you will mess things up!, which was not actually in Disney's official statement, but the OPs own addition.

Also, this situation still begs the question, what to do when MDE automatically links party tickets ordered online?? :confused3:confused3

Now, I realize that just because it is on MDE doesn't mean it will be on my MB, but many people do not. I realize that you must present a hard ticket for party entry, even during the hourse of 4-7, or risk dinging your park ticket for a day's entry via your MB, but many may not. I actually think Disney could have worded their official statement a little better, but then again, they could present a lot of their information better in regards to MB and MDE.

Did not mean to rock the boat in any way, just needed some clarification.

So excited!!!! We will be attending September 13th/7 people total (4A/3C)/DS - Jaq, DS - Gus, DD - Aurora/No ADR

Just updating our October 4 party costumes on the official roster ... DD has decided to go as Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady and I'll be in a purple dress, lime green sweater and purple fascinator. DH is still going as a "disinterested father on his iPhone."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter