Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

For those who may be as curious as I was on how the #s break down (%s are rounded).

If there was ever motivation for me to improve my pace, going from corral G to corral F would be it! Corrals go from 1K in size (F) to 2.9K in size in G!!

..............Bib........Bib.........Corral.......%.of.....Cumulative...Cumulative
..............From.......To..........Total........Total....Total........%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elite
HM................1.........20
DDD...........20001......20010...........30.........0%..........30......0%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A - < 1:50
HM...............21........522
DDD...........20011......20408..........900.........5%.........930......5%
B - < 1:55
HM..............523.......1079
DDD...........20409......20752..........901.........5%.......1,831.....10%
C - < 2:00
HM.............1080.......1683
DDD...........20753......21048..........900.........5%.......2,731.....15%
D - < 2:05
HM.............1684.......2119
DDD...........21049......21512..........900.........5%.......3,631.....19%
E - < 2:10
HM.............2120.......2734
DDD...........21513......21897........1,000.........5%.......4,631.....25%
F - < 2:15
HM.............2735.......3390
DDD...........21898......22241........1,000.........5%.......5,631.....30%
G - < 2:30
HM.............3391.......5031
DDD...........22242......23500........2,900........16%.......8,531.....46%
H - < 3:13
HM.............5032.......7068
DDD...........23501......25013........3,550........19%......12,081.....65%
I - < 3:25
HM.............7069.......9259
DDD...........25014......25722........2,900........16%......14,981.....80%
J - > 3:25
HM.............9260......12400
DDD...........25723......26278........3,697........20%......18,678....100%

According to our bib numbers we're in the last corral for the 10K, but we run a 12 min mile? I assumed they would use the times from our previous races (the last one would be last years DDD) - it this time just not good enough? Or should I submit a local race time? Feeling really frustrated that having run for three years now I'm still a beginner in their eyes. :sad1: 4 min less than the requirement sure feels like a lot!

According to our bib numbers we're in the last corral for the 10K, but we run a 12 min mile? I assumed they would use the times from our previous races (the last one would be last years DDD) - it this time just not good enough? Or should I submit a local race time? Feeling really frustrated that having run for three years now I'm still a beginner in their eyes. :sad1: 4 min less than the requirement sure feels like a lot!

Did you submit your time with registration? They don't look up to see if you have a previous time, so you must provide it to them. It is also way too late to provide a "new" time to them since bib numbers have been assigned.

Bib 20085(corral A) for me. I would have figured that whatever corral I'm in for the half is the same for the 10k since I'm doing DDD. Is that not correct? I think I remember only having one corral assignment for Goofy but of course this could be different.

If you are in Corral A for the 1/2, you will definitely have Corral A for the 10K. Not everyone will necessarily have corrals that align for both races. I am in B for the 1/2 but expect to be A for the 10K - which is the same as I was for the GSC in February.

I'm trying to figure out if volunteering for the 10K is going to work.

I'm scheduled from 2:30am-9:00am but my niece is running the kids race at 9:00am.

My mom will bring her to the starting line but I'm the one running with her.

Can I duck out early from Volunteering? Can I sign out after the kids race?

Anyone who has volunteered know how it works?

Everyone should be done way before 9:00am since the race starts at 5:30am.

I didn't think the corrals were out yet for the 10k :confused3 Or are you talking about the 10k as part of the DDD?

Corral D it is! My last half was 2:00:48... 48 seconds from Corral C- snap! &#55357;&#56860;

me too--i missed it by just under a minute. drat!!!!

i'm in Corral D (for DUMBO!!). :)

i'm also volunteering for the 5k. YAWN! that's gonna be early (earlier than i'll get up for the 10k and 1/2). i'm excited!

According to our bib numbers we're in the last corral for the 10K, but we run a 12 min mile?

I also run in the 12min/mile range, and will be in the last corral since this is my first race.

How bad of a thing is it to be in the last corral? Will there be so many other runners that keeping a 12min/mile pace is a problem? I just assume I'll skip the character photo stops this go round. What else do I need to obsess over?

Congratulations to all who are running their first race! And good luck to all runners in this last month before the races :banana: I hope for each of us that our races go very well and that we have a blast, no matter your corral, on course challenges, or finish times :cool1:

i counted 3550, so you're right on.

and i'm a bit disappointed in it. especially because I has 2900, as does G. there really should have been another corral in the middle to break it up. 11:30 m/m runners with almost 15:00 m/m runners is going to make a hot mess.

This is a crazy corral! I'll be getting there early to get toward the front since I'm around the 11:30 pace

I also run in the 12min/mile range, and will be in the last corral since this is my first race.

How bad of a thing is it to be in the last corral? Will there be so many other runners that keeping a 12min/mile pace is a problem? I just assume I'll skip the character photo stops this go round. What else do I need to obsess over?
You may not need to skip all the character photo stops. For my first 1/2 I trained at 15 minutes per mile and since I had never done a race before, I was in the last corral. My only goal was to finish, so I didn't make any stops because I viewed them as a risk to my primary goal of finishing.

My final time was 3:05. After mile 1 I was a minute ahead of pace, so obviously I picked up a lot of time and finished nearly a minute faster than I had trained.

For my 2nd and 3rd runDisney events, I started in the second to last corral and stopped for 10-15 minutes worth of character photos in each event and finished with times of 3:07 and 3:12 respectively.

Does anyone know if they'll have a warmup area near the front?
They didn't when I ran in 2011 ... but then, their crowd-control techniques seemed a bit off. Just wondering if I'll have to warm up in the staging area and then sit around in the corral for who knows how long.
Seems to vary from race to race too. The DW full and half did. Wine & Dine didn't.

Anyone care to guess on the temps will be during the race? Maybe 65-75?

Is anyone else suddenly hoping for a freak cold front to hit Anaheim on 8/31? :goodvibes

Anyone care to guess on the temps will be during the race? Maybe 65-75?

Is anyone else suddenly hoping for a freak cold front to hit Anaheim on 8/31? :goodvibes

I am mentally planning for warm and muggy for the start and then getting hotter as the sun comes up. Basically the same conditions as the start of the Disney World half in January. Anything short of this will be a blessing, but at least I am getting in the mindset so I am not shocked on race morning if it feels disgusting.

My experience is that it will be comfortably cool before sunrise, maybe even a bit on the cold side if you're in a singlet. Then the sun comes up and you melt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter