OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all!

While we cheer on each other for this year's 2013 Walt Disney World marathon weekend, let's not forget that ONE YEAR from today, January 12, 2014, will be the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon! :cool1:

Let the countdown start now. We have one year to prepare mentally, spiritually, and physically. We can do this. Who's in?

Here's who we have so far:

2014 WDW Marathon Weekend DISers:
UPDATE: Due to the overwhelming response of so many runners, I haven't been able to keep up with this list! great to see a lot of us running!. good luck to all runners and thank you to all supporters!

WaDiWo, 5intexas and DH, budillon, mathrockskallen and DH, sonnyuq and DH, sirabe76, Sarah_Rose, fashionista311, limabeanmom2003 + DH, StarGirl11, El&Asmom, Mama3Princess, sissy_ib, coco392 + DW, RichieTruxillo + DW, crowland87, kat7878 + DH, robert 31320, helloirishkitty, dburg30, dana211, Nole95, ucfsweetie82, mickeysgal, francine57, carissanboys, eelkmj01, JimB., dburg30, Aw_Phooey, Dagny + DH, John_VN, DOOM1001, edoyle7185, disney4m4ever, spphilbrick, goofeygirl, lerxt, FloridaNative8, MapleGirl, liznboys, nemmie, DLR29, drummerwife, bmer1rick, coco392, mickeyncldkd + DW, Nayrb, megny + DH, MPD, Embroidery Grandma (John VN's DW!), camandjacksmom, Mickeyfan74, cobbler, autoracepr989, Beast2Prince, dumbo_buddy, CRUIZEN MAMMA, buckeycinderella, + DH, beachta1, Ketwinn + DH, dlbwright, sunnygal041, Phdmam06, DisneyParrothead, dakotix, dismagiclover, steves1019, myweegirls, Big Vic, NitroStitch, Fifigawa, helloirishkitty, dancindaisyduck, LSUFan4444, papaof3

My husband and I are IN!! We had to defer our registration from the 2013 to the 2014 due to injury, so we are particularly excited! Our first 1/2 and first race with Disney! Thanks for starting this thread!

My DH and I are in. And soooo excited first trip to Disney without our kids:cool1:, one will be married and the other he thinks he is too old(can you believe it) at 19 to love Disney. When he really grows up he will love it again.

My husband and I are IN!! We had to defer our registration from the 2013 to the 2014 due to injury, so we are particularly excited! Our first 1/2 and first race with Disney! Thanks for starting this thread!

Great! This is exciting everybody.

Good luck on healing your injury too, let's get well soon. :thumbsup2

by the way, I'll try my best to keep a RUNNING LIST on my original post of everyone who's going.

Great! This is exciting everybody.

Good luck on healing your injury too, let's get well soon. :thumbsup2

by the way, I'll try my best to keep a RUNNING LIST on my original post of everyone who's going.

Thank you so much! I am going to start running again this week, so we shall see! My next race should hopefully be the Castaway Cay 5k:)

Boy I hope so. Totally bummed I'm not running it this year. I'll be at the world for a conference next weekend and couldn't pull off going two weekends in a row.
Does anyone remember when the full sold out this year? I kept stalling and then it was too late to register.

COunt me in!!! Doing the half next year!!

Not a great runner yet but I get better everyday!

Boy I hope so. Totally bummed I'm not running it this year. I'll be at the world for a conference next weekend and couldn't pull off going two weekends in a row.
Does anyone remember when the full sold out this year? I kept stalling and then it was too late to register.

Don't quote me exactly, but I think October (or even before), because at that time I was trying to transfer down from full to half because of my injury, but I couldn't because I think it was sold out already.

I'm in for 2014! I couldn't swing this year because I had a baby in May and I wanted to do the full or Goofy, and wouldn't have had enough time to train, but I'm definitely in for the Goofy next year!

Can't wait to get registered! :goodvibes

I think me...FINALLY! planning a honeymoon to Jamaica in early Jan, so i casually mentioned to the fiancee how great it would be if we did a few days in Disney before heading down there, since there are so many flights to the islands out of Florida. He was like great, idea! And then, I was like oh hey...isnt the marathon weekend early Jan? Would you care if I ran one of the races? and....he agreed! rather easily! As much as I want a mickey/goofy medal, I'll probably just do the half. Since it starts so early, I'll probably be done around 7:30, before he even wakes up, and would have a pretty minimal impact on the overall trip (versus the marathon which takes longer, and the recovery time would make it tougher to do adventure type excursions once we get to Jamaica)

WaDiWo said:
Hi all!

While we cheer on each other for this year's 2013 Walt Disney World marathon weekend, let's not forget that ONE YEAR from today, January 12, 2014, will be the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon! :cool1:

Let the countdown start now. We have one year to prepare mentally, spiritually, and physically. We can do this. Who's in?

Here's who we have so far:

2014 WDW Marathon Weekend DISers:
WaDiWo
5intexas and DH
budillon
mathrockskallen and DH
sonnyuq and DH
sirabe76
Sarah_Rose

Woo! Hoo! Love to see this post! My DH and I are in for the full in 2014. We ran last year's full and it was SO much fun! Can't wait to do it again!

I am hoping to be back at WDW for the full next year. Hopefully training will go better and I won't have to ditch the race in the middle of October.

Still mad that Tinkerbell and the WDW race are one week apart again.

Add me with nervous anticipation!! It will be my first full marathon!!!

LIST UPDATED on my original post.

So, the 2013 WDW Marathon is going on as I type (many are already done!) :cool1:

What training programs will all of you be using?

I am in. Just finished my first half yesterday. Want to try a full next year! Maybe I can get the wife to run with me this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter