• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

I am all signed up for the IGC! Had my mom do it for me (I was at work when registration opened) only to find out I could have done it when I got home :/ Last year it was sold out by the time I got home.
Now to decide if I need the training shirt....
Any ideas what stone will be on the back of the IGC medal? Last years was space.

I was looking at the training shirt too...but $37 is a lot. Not sure about that for the Dr. Strange theme..

Plus I think that the 10ks pull away from the halfs quite a bit for beginning runners who we all know Disney is great at getting. A half and/or a challenge is not an easy entry point into running, and if there's a 10k option, a lot of people might test the waters there first.

I'd be doing the challenge for this race, but RNR Vegas is happening the same weekend. I'm not as adventurous as others to do all of the races and go back and forth via plane, nor am I willing to push it with two half marathons on the same day. I do think the 10K is a popular distance for Disneyland because you're within the grounds of the Disney parks and not on the streets of Anaheim.

Now to decide if I need the training shirt....

I was looking at the training shirt too...but $37 is a lot. Not sure about that for the Dr. Strange theme..

Training shirts are nearly $40 each and you'd have to pay shipping on top of it unless you can spend the minimum to get free shipping.

For the Doctor Strange shirt, I no joke thought it read: "In Doctor Training Strange for the 10K" when I first read it. :rotfl:

Training shirts are nearly $40 each and you'd have to pay shipping on top of it unless you can spend the minimum to get free shipping.

For the Doctor Strange shirt, I no joke thought it read: "In Doctor Training Strange for the 10K" when I first read it. :rotfl:

LOL! They are pretty expensive and I'm not sure I'm liking the design for them. Just seems very generic; like they didn't put much thought into them. :confused3

I'm in for the half - although regretting getting up at 2am here in Australia seeing as it hasn't seemed to have sold anywhere near as fast as the W&D :cutie:

LOL! They are pretty expensive and I'm not sure I'm liking the design for them. Just seems very generic; like they didn't put much thought into them. :confused3

Same thing happened last year for the race merch too. It was very disappointing. For how amazing the Marvel property is and what they could do, they seem to forget that and it's the "oh shoot we need to do something fast" tactic with this race.

So another question - anyone notice there's a pasta party listed on the registration page of rundisney? Was that there yesterday? Is that an error? I don't see anything else listed about a pasta party. I really hope there is though - DS would love that if they still have characters at it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I looked last week and didn't see it. I love the party, but $119 is pretty steep. Though, I'll probably still cave and do it. I'm curious where they will hold it.

I was looking to see how registration went.

I just don't want to be in the last corral if I can help it (I put an estimated pace of 13:01-14:00/mi)..so if I needed to do another race earlier, I would

From my cousin's Princess experience (with the 5K), they went with a combo of her estimated time AND her not having done a rundisney race before. So she was put in corral D (I think they went to E), while I, with the exact same estimated time (I registered us both) BUT I've done rundisney events before, was put in C.

There are no "proof of time" allowances for 10Ks with Disney. Those are for Half and Full runs only. So even if I'd had one to enter (and I wouldn't have put any of my rundisney Halfs b/c I haven't lived up to my potential with those LOL) it didn't matter. There's no POT for the 10Ks.

Putting in that time it's unlikely that you'll be in the last corral. IMO.

I don't really have anything race related to say at the moment. I just felt bad that this thread was buried on page 3. Sooooooo hi everyone!

Anyone watching with an eye towards running outfit ideas?

I'm definitely running the 10K as some sort of "Captain America" costume --- but maybe Scarlet Witch will win me over. I loved her and her outfit in the last movie! I am spoiler free and haven't looked at movie previews, clips, or stills. I want to go in knowing as little as possible.

I saw it last night!

You guys- no spoilers- but you won't be disappointed. Honestly: best marvel yet.

All the emotions were there. It's great!

And yes there were some costume thoughts running through my head too. I'm leaning winter soldier unless my daughter runs with me. Then we will Cap v Iron Man.

Just signed up for the 5K! Intended to do IG but I lost my job a month ago and work has been sparse so I couldn't sign up when on sale happened. DH and I will still be at DLR for an anniversary trip, so I figured why not!

I am just flabbergasted by the Pasta Party price! It's double what I paid last year, and it's not even in a theme park. I've always had fun at them, but this price- I could hire a personal trainer to run even faster and have more time to stop for pics for the half to see Captain America. I can't even imagine a family having to pay that for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter