• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

So did anyone do avenge the strip last year or know someone that did? I've got the flight I'm just trying to work out logistics with dropping stuff off at the hotel and getting to the start line in time to grab my bib and get in a corral.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Regretting not signing up for this one. Debating joining the RawThreads club to get a registration so I can earn this medal... I doubt runDisney will open it back up for a third time.
Seriously debating this as well. I originally skipped registering for the 5k because I thought it would be difficult getting the day off to pick up the bib, but I think it would so be worth it for that medal!

Seriously debating this as well. I originally skipped registering for the 5k because I thought it would be difficult getting the day off to pick up the bib, but I think it would so be worth it for that medal!

I also like that they have slots open for registration after the initial reg dates. $125 is cheaper than an annual pass for early reg (ha!) and you pay pretty much the price of the race plus your active fees. It's a really good deal!

Question for you guys - do the buses run in the morning before the races? I would like to stay near the Toy Story lot since Best Western Stovalls is all booked up but I know that would be a pain to walk in the morning before the race (and a little dark :rolleyes1). If I could grab one of the buses from Toy Story that morning, that would be fantastic. Anyone have experience with this?

Question for you guys - do the buses run in the morning before the races? I would like to stay near the Toy Story lot since Best Western Stovalls is all booked up but I know that would be a pain to walk in the morning before the race (and a little dark :rolleyes1). If I could grab one of the buses from Toy Story that morning, that would be fantastic. Anyone have experience with this?

For Tinker Bell Half they gave out ART passess if you stayed more than a mile away. We were at the Marriott near the Convention Center and were offered an ART pass for the races. I decided to walk because it was faster than taking the bus. Plus it drops you off at the bus drop off near the park entrances, so if the start is near the Disneyland Hotel again, you still have some walking to do.

For Tinker Bell Half they gave out ART passess if you stayed more than a mile away. We were at the Marriott near the Convention Center and were offered an ART pass for the races. I decided to walk because it was faster than taking the bus. Plus it drops you off at the bus drop off near the park entrances, so if the start is near the Disneyland Hotel again, you still have some walking to do.

Oh okay! Thanks for the info! I'm still struggling on where to stay; might be at Candy Cane Inn now that my parents want to come along. Where is everyone else staying?

Can you guys believe that it is only 84 days until the start of the races! I am so excited for this!!!!! :jumping1::dancer: I just wish the temperature would cool down!!! It's been over 100 consistently for the last week and now with fires burning all around us and one actually rather close, the air quality is complete crap. Breathing in ash is so not conducive to training.

Did I miss the cover photos for this race on Facebook or did they not do them??

Did I miss the cover photos for this race on Facebook or did they not do them??

I don't think rD has done the cover photos for the last couple of races. I haven't seen any for Avengers or Marathon weekend in January. Disappointing.

After much internet searching over the weekend for ideas, a box arrived at my house with a random assortment of Captain American patches (3 sizes) and alligator hair-clips.
Now I just have to turn those into shoe clips and fashion a headband. :rotfl:

I'm in for the Half! My mom and brother are running the 10k, which amuses me - mom will probably win her age group and I have no idea how well the little bro will do. We ran the 5k with his then-8year old and by the time we finished, he was well behind and exhausted. The boy wanted to run the 10k but isn't old enough, and scoffed at doing the 5k again. Little bugger ran negative splits every mile...in a couple of years if he keeps it up, he'll be beating me.

This will be my first big race post-partum...I ran a 5k at altitude over Labor Day and it felt good, but now that it's not 100+ every day I need to run some more.

Oh okay! Thanks for the info! I'm still struggling on where to stay; might be at Candy Cane Inn now that my parents want to come along. Where is everyone else staying?

Can you guys believe that it is only 84 days until the start of the races! I am so excited for this!!!!! :jumping1::dancer: I just wish the temperature would cool down!!! It's been over 100 consistently for the last week and now with fires burning all around us and one actually rather close, the air quality is complete crap. Breathing in ash is so not conducive to training.

I picked up ART passes at the Expo and nobody ever asked me for where I was staying. (We were at the Residence Inn a little ways away, so it was important.) When I stay closer, including the Marriott Courtyard near Candy Cane Inn, I walk or run to the start. It's only about a mile and it's a good warm up for the actual run, especially on cold days.

I'm signed up for the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge! And ouch, my heart is breaking as I suddenly remember how much that race set me back ... :sad1:

Question for you guys -- does anyone know of any alternate methods for bib/packet pick-ups? I remember when I did the Disneyland 5k earlier this month, I read somewhere that only the runner is able to pick up their bib and such -- or something to the tune of that ... basically, my friend that's also doing the IGC, we're both driving to Anaheim from Vegas that night because my friend thought it would be great to get married on 11/11 ... it's cute, sure, but now we're stressing out over when we can pick up our bibs, since we're not going to arrive in Anaheim until 10pm (at the earliest) on Friday night. We're meeting up with a third friend who is flying into Anaheim Friday morning and will be there all day, so we're hoping we can give him photocopies of our driver's license and whatever information may be required, and that he can just pick them up for us ... hopefully that'll be the case. I emailed runDisney earlier in the day but haven't heard anything back yet!

I'm signed up for the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge! And ouch, my heart is breaking as I suddenly remember how much that race set me back ... :sad1:

Question for you guys -- does anyone know of any alternate methods for bib/packet pick-ups? I remember when I did the Disneyland 5k earlier this month, I read somewhere that only the runner is able to pick up their bib and such -- or something to the tune of that ... basically, my friend that's also doing the IGC, we're both driving to Anaheim from Vegas that night because my friend thought it would be great to get married on 11/11 ... it's cute, sure, but now we're stressing out over when we can pick up our bibs, since we're not going to arrive in Anaheim until 10pm (at the earliest) on Friday night. We're meeting up with a third friend who is flying into Anaheim Friday morning and will be there all day, so we're hoping we can give him photocopies of our driver's license and whatever information may be required, and that he can just pick them up for us ... hopefully that'll be the case. I emailed runDisney earlier in the day but haven't heard anything back yet!
You have to pick up your own bib. They don't let proxies pick up for people anymore...that's a change that was made 1-2 years ago.

It's not advertised, but they do have "emergency bib pick-up" the morning of the races. However...

1. Apparently it's sort of hard to find at Disenyland (I've never done it myself so I'm not sure where it is)
2. This isn't an advertised service, so it could go away at any time...but I think it's something they have to have in place in case of flight delays or something like that.

Good luck!!

EDIT: Make sure you bring your ID and waiver the morning of the race to pick up your bib.

@jolaf408 Every race I have been at this year (I've done the 5Ks) has had a tent in the Family Reunion Area where people are picking up bibs. As @Ariel484 said, just because it's happened before is no guarantee it will happen again...but I would assume that for emergency situations they couldn't really do away with it.

Update in case someone else is in the same situation: someone from runDisney called earlier this morning and left a voice message on my phone saying that they do have a booth set up for same-day bib/packet pick-ups. The location of where it'll be won't be known until race day, so we'll just need to check with someone near the corral starts on where to head. We need to bring our ID and signed waiver with us. The only issue that might arise is that the booth for same-day pick-ups may not have our shirts with them, but we can stop by the expo to pick them up later in the day.

So, phew, what a relief! Thanks again for your help everyone!

Has anyone had any luck updating info with Active? I registered my niece and put the wrong Year in her DOB. runDisney said to update it on active but we're having trouble on the site. Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter