• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 HHN-26 Thread

Okay. I've narrow down my decision making process to whether we do one night or multiple nights. As of now, I'm leaning towards 2 or 3 nights. No ep.

Unless I hear something different about there being an expectation of large crowds... I'm staying put.

NOW... question is... can we add on ep tickets ONCE we've already purchased our Frequent Fear tickets?

Not sure if they will do it this year, but they have offered 1/2 price ep
after 10:00 or 11:00(depending on closing times) , I have not bought one ,but I know several people
who did last year.

I know they announced 3 houses so far The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw and The Walking Dead. But does anyone know if any of the scare zones have been announced yet? Also do the passes ever sell out?

Hi all! I'm new to this board. I greatly appreciate all the information that’s here.

I'm planning a short weekend trip with my husband to check out HHN nights for the first time. It’s a combined 40th birthday adventure. We’re are huge horror movie fans, especially him. I can plan a Disney trip with my eyes closed, but I don't know much of the inside scoop with Universal. It's been 13 years since my last visit. Anyway, I need some advice.

We're planning there nights either the first weekend or the second weekend. Either 9/15--/18 or 9/22-9/25. ( It is Thur-Sun although we may go Fri-Mon)

Pricing all the options out is giving me an absolute headache! I’ve been very torn about staying on property vs. staying at the Holiday Inn across from Universal. My gut is telling me to just book at one of the premier hotels so we can have the express passes and the 2 day park to park, and since it’s a short trip it might make life a bit easier. But the monetary difference is also troubling my frugal side. My calculations come a bit under by staying off property depending on the tickets I choose, for example buying single day part tickets, and the Rush of Fear passes.

Here’s our plan - We arrive late our first evening, and do not plan on having a rental car. I hope to tour a park in the morning, take a short break at hotel, then go back for HHN. Repeat the process on the second day. My thought was to get the express passes for HHN for sure. We can’t decide if we would need them during the day as well. How are crowd levels that time of year? Also, is it necessary to get HHN express passes those first two weekends? I’ve considered only doing them on one night, like Saturday. How busy is opening weekend, and how busy is a Friday night compared to a Sunday evening?

One other question – I think my husband would really enjoy the Unmasking the Horror Tour. Any reviews? I’m thinking about booking for the day we leave as our flight is not until 3:30. But it might be cutting it close.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Okay. I've narrow down my decision making process to whether we do one night or multiple nights. As of now, I'm leaning towards 2 or 3 nights. No ep.

Unless I hear something different about there being an expectation of large crowds... I'm staying put.

NOW... question is... can we add on ep tickets ONCE we've already purchased our Frequent Fear tickets?

I'm not sure if you can upgrade Frequent Fear/Rush of Fear ticket to FF/RoF with express. As Mac has said, you don't have to decide just yet. If you go without express make sure to the holding areas before the park closes to get a jump on two or three houses with little wait. Just remember that by the time it starts to get dark the houses can have over an hour wait time each.
Just to be clear, the price for the Frequent Fear/Rush of Fear tickets are the same if you go two nights or three. In other words, my $299 Rush of Fear with express breaks down to about $100 a night if I go three times. $150 a night if I only go twice. Locals can buy the ticket and go several more nights and it is truly a great deal.
The bottom line is, you can go without Express and if you do the "holding pen" thing you should have a great time. Personally we won't go without express. We sometimes do the "holding pen" and not use our express pass on the first 2 or 3 houses and then go through those houses with the express later in the night. Either way I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us here do.

SF wasn't opened last year
The last gate entrance has not always been used

Staff at the front desk would be able to let you know if this hotel entrance will be open this year

It is not an advertised entrance on the UO site

Who knows if Cbay will be included

I would imagine this will be a hotel perk again this year can't believe it would change

I don't stay at the non deluxe so no idea if Cbay was included last years

With SF being a convention hotel would assume it would be included

UO does not release all the Hhn info at once just the basics
Cabana bay was included last year we stayed their

Thanks @macraven we're just unsure about buying them as the one time we did, which was Halloween night back in 2014, it wasn't really needed. They will sell them in the parks though after the event begins right? Is it the same price as online or do you not know.

I second the holding area though, depending where you go you can get into some of the more popular houses with barely any wait. Last year we did the Walking Dead, the Purge and Insidious before most people made their way over. If a map is released in advance, check to see what is where as we we're in the Springfield holding area for those three. The year before we stayed around Finnegans and did two near the front of the park.

Yes, the ep can be sold during the event at guest services and I think a few of the stores

The half price for the ep happened for the last 3 hours of park time last year if they were available

Depends on the night you are there

Saturday's are always the highest crowds which is why I stopped doing Saturday's a few years ago
It also has the highest prices for tours and Hhn tixs.

Ep will be sold in the parks until they are sold out and at the same price

I am doing multiple nights, no EP. I was going back and forth with the same issue but decided on multiple night.

When do you think they are going to announce some new houses or scare zones?

Hi all! I'm new to this board. I greatly appreciate all the information that’s here.

I'm planning a short weekend trip with my husband to check out HHN nights for the first time. It’s a combined 40th birthday adventure. We’re are huge horror movie fans, especially him. I can plan a Disney trip with my eyes closed, but I don't know much of the inside scoop with Universal. It's been 13 years since my last visit. Anyway, I need some advice.

We're planning there nights either the first weekend or the second weekend. Either 9/15--/18 or 9/22-9/25. ( It is Thur-Sun although we may go Fri-Mon)

Pricing all the options out is giving me an absolute headache! I’ve been very torn about staying on property vs. staying at the Holiday Inn across from Universal. My gut is telling me to just book at one of the premier hotels so we can have the express passes and the 2 day park to park, and since it’s a short trip it might make life a bit easier. But the monetary difference is also troubling my frugal side. My calculations come a bit under by staying off property depending on the tickets I choose, for example buying single day part tickets, and the Rush of Fear passes.

Here’s our plan - We arrive late our first evening, and do not plan on having a rental car. I hope to tour a park in the morning, take a short break at hotel, then go back for HHN. Repeat the process on the second day. My thought was to get the express passes for HHN for sure. We can’t decide if we would need them during the day as well. How are crowd levels that time of year? Also, is it necessary to get HHN express passes those first two weekends? I’ve considered only doing them on one night, like Saturday. How busy is opening weekend, and how busy is a Friday night compared to a Sunday evening?

One other question – I think my husband would really enjoy the Unmasking the Horror Tour. Any reviews? I’m thinking about booking for the day we leave as our flight is not until 3:30. But it might be cutting it close.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Unmasking the Horror is great, but I personally would want to do it in between doing HHN trips because I always liked learning about the houses and seeing them with the lights on and then looking out for certain things that I may have missed previously during the actual HHN event.

To answer your question about staying on site, I would just stay off site if I were in your situation. With two park days plus EP at night, you should not have any issue riding anything as much as you please and the extra cost for on-site would not be worth it.

The way you guys do it sounds pretty good. My biggest issue is if the express is even worth it. I imagine Sunday night before Columbus day is going to be packed. So maybe we just either do what you suggested (3 night no express) or man up and do 2 nights with express.

Everyone PLEASEEEEEE! Help me decide!

IMO both the Thursday and Sunday before Columbus Day will be terribly crowded...everyone should pick other dates.:rolleyes1
More crowded every year, rain or shine.

Not sure if they will do it this year, but they have offered 1/2 price ep
after 10:00 or 11:00(depending on closing times) , I have not bought one ,but I know several people
who did last year.

:scratchin Personally, don't see the value in it, but have seen people stroll in late and wonder if they'll get more than 2 houses completed...probably their target audience.

When do you think they are going to announce some new houses or scare zones?

9 houses, with only 3 announced thus far,
A little over 2-1/2 months to go to release 6 more.
Sooner, rather than later is my guess.

Hoping to see more original houses vs IP-based types

I was hoping with the release of Purge: Election Year this weekend that they would announce a Purge house or even better scare zone. The Purge SZ from two years ago was one of the best things I ever seen.

I was hoping with the release of Purge: Election Year this weekend that they would announce a Purge house or even better scare zone. The Purge SZ from two years ago was one of the best things I ever seen.

My twins were 8 when we went to HHN and my daughter loved the Purge scare zone she said that was her favorite part I loved it as well.

Thinking on the HHN forums is 4th house is announced this week. Expected to be an IP shared between Orlando and Hollywood. Rumored are Halloween 2 or Krampus. Nothing official.

looks like something happening today as got a notification on facebook from halloween horror night page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter