• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

That email is the only email that has an actual person attached to it! They handle all registration issues.

I just emailed the address so hopefully they can help me or let runner relations know! Thanks for calming my fears a bit :worship:

Going by the hourly for tomorrow, it should still be in the mid 70s for much of the race since we start at 5. Sunrise is at 6:30, so that should give you 75 minutes without the sun!

Positive thoughts!

Thanks girl! I am hoping that I can get to about mile 8-9 before it gets too hot and have the sun on my back as I sprint to the finish line.

So far, going to keep trying until I realize I can't. :)

Same! As much as a PR would be nice and help for my Dopey corral, this is my first run at DL and if it's going to be super hot with low likelihood of hitting that time, I'd rather take a little time to enjoy the run. I'll definitely do that for the 10k to conserve energy.

Just saw Keels post. Maybe I'll be motivated to go faster so that I can get done before it gets too hot!

What corral are you in? Maybe we can run together. Unless I get moved forward one corral to run with the 2:30 pacer I'll be the unofficial 2:30 pacer for corral F ;) fingers crossed that solutions is kind.

Is your waiver in your name or his?

That's how I discovered the problem. I went to print my waiver, typed in my information, and it said nothing could be found. I searched around on Active, found the issue, and yep it came up under his name. Is that going to make things more difficult?

The loooooooooooooooong journey for me starts tomorrow. Based on all this heat talk, I'm packing swimmers!

Our flight leaves at 6:00. Hope to see folks this weekend!

Does anyone know if I should go to runner relations before I pick up my bib or after if everything now has my husband's name on it?

Does anyone know if I should go to runner relations before I pick up my bib or after if everything now has my husband's name on it?

If the waiver has your husband's name on it, you will most likely need to go to runner relations first because your ID won't match the name on the bib/waiver.

Is it just me or does the 5K shirt kinda look like tech material instead of just cotton?

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part. I hate that the 5K shirts are cotton and not tech material. I want to wear it on Friday after the 5K but not be all kinds of sweaty just because of the shirt (yes I know I will be all kinds of sweaty anyways because of the heat).

Thanks! Is Runner Relations up in the main section of the Expo or down below where you pick up bibs? I didn't look for it last year at Tink but I don't want us walking around for an hour trying to find it :eek:

Downstairs, near the half marathon bibs. You should see it directly across the floor when you enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter