• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

This will be our second time going to HHN, last year we only went for one night and started in the Hello Kitty holding area. How do you find out where all the holding areas will be? We're going four nights this year and would likely want to start in a different holding area each night.

They will probably be the same as previous years, though nothing has been announced/confirmed.

I'm likely missing one of the areas, but I think the list is:
  • Simpsons area
  • Finnegans
  • Hello Kitty

This is coming from a complete nube. Never had any thoughts about doing Universal or Disney at Halloween, so have never followed or checked them out.

But, we are going to see our DD down at FT Stewart GA. She and her boyfriend, who is from Orlando, got the wise idea to take mom and dad to Universal to do HHN. And we have ZERO clue what we are getting ourselves into. HELP!!! What is all covered in HHP? DH has some health limitation - CHF with a defibrillator is the major one we have to work around. I tried looking at the pricing charts, but did nothing but confuse myself more, as to what is open to ride and what perks there are.

They will probably be the same as previous years, though nothing has been announced/confirmed.

I'm likely missing one of the areas, but I think the list is:
  • Simpsons area
  • Finnegans
  • Hello Kitty
Last year they also included the Potter area as a holding area. Chances are they will repeat the locations.

This is coming from a complete nube. Never had any thoughts about doing Universal or Disney at Halloween, so have never followed or checked them out.

But, we are going to see our DD down at FT Stewart GA. She and her boyfriend, who is from Orlando, got the wise idea to take mom and dad to Universal to do HHN. And we have ZERO clue what we are getting ourselves into. HELP!!! What is all covered in HHP? DH has some health limitation - CHF with a defibrillator is the major one we have to work around. I tried looking at the pricing charts, but did nothing but confuse myself more, as to what is open to ride and what perks there are.

Read this

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/files/Documents/universal-orlando-riders-guide.pdf

As a general rule of thumb, it's a good idea to run this sort of trip past your DH's cardiologist

Here is example of sign you'll find outside the various houses

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 20

Should be six rides open during hhn

The main theme are the houses. Scare zones and the two shows

Look at www.halloweenhorrornights.com
And read about the event

Google the hhn videos

It's not for the faint of heart peeps

Okay! Now that all of the houses and scarezones have been released, let's play a game.

What house are you most looking forward to? What house are you not as excited for? Same for scarezones.

Houses:
Looking forward to: The Shining! If delivered well, that house will be insane. I can't wait.
Not as excited for: Ash Vs. Evil Dead. But probably because I've never seen an episode of that show, lol.

Scarezones:
Looking forward to: Invasion! The truck and UFO look amazing. I can't wait to see how the scareactors in this area looks.
Not as excited for: The Purge. Hoping there will be a lot of interaction in this zone, because if there isn't, I think it'll be a little dull.

Read this

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/files/Documents/universal-orlando-riders-guide.pdf

As a general rule of thumb, it's a good idea to run this sort of trip past your DH's cardiologist

Here is example of sign you'll find outside the various houses

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Doesn't happen often, but we have heard of some folks needing medical assistance at the event.

I'd be wary of having serious health issues with heart and doing it.

Good advice from Keishashadow and check with cardiologist.

Should be six rides open during hhn

The main theme are the houses. Scare zones and the two shows

Look at www.halloweenhorrornights.com
And read about the event

Google the hhn videos

It's not for the faint of heart peeps

Lol.......I always laugh when I remember showing a friend who was considering HHN the videos online.........they never ever went after watching.......I tried to convince them it would be fine........:D

Okay! Now that all of the houses and scarezones have been released, let's play a game.

What house are you most looking forward to? What house are you not as excited for? Same for scarezones.

Houses:
Looking forward to: The Shining! If delivered well, that house will be insane. I can't wait.
Not as excited for: Ash Vs. Evil Dead. But probably because I've never seen an episode of that show, lol.

Scarezones:
Looking forward to: Invasion! The truck and UFO look amazing. I can't wait to see how the scareactors in this area looks.
Not as excited for: The Purge. Hoping there will be a lot of interaction in this zone, because if there isn't, I think it'll be a little dull.

Seems a bit anti-climatic to me to have all four just tossed out at once.

They've done good job with Purge scarezone in past. Everything goes better with a chainsaw or two.

+ The Shining.

Wouldn't it be great if they showed on wall of house waiting area as they've done in the past, clipsIMG_2335.jpg IMG_2336.jpg from the simpson parody?

Last edited:
Looking at the website I saw that the Repository is listed under attractions. But the description sounds the same as last year. Does anyone know if they are doing this again this year?

Looking at the website I saw that the Repository is listed under attractions. But the description sounds the same as last year. Does anyone know if they are doing this again this year?

Some folks on another website mentioned that there were different pieces of information on the site depending on whether you viewed the desktop or mobile sites. If the listing you're seeing mentions 11/5 being a Repository night, it's likely last year's page.

Seems a bit anti-climatic to me to have all four just tossed out at once.

They've done good job with Purge scarezone in past. Everything goes better with a chainsaw or two.

+ The Shining.

Wouldn't it be great if they showed on wall of house waiting area as they've done in the past, clipsView attachment 265950 View attachment 265951 from the simpson parody?

I love that episode, so that'd be AMAZING. I'm so excited to see the facade of The Shining house! Honestly excited to see all of them. 36 more days, 36 more days...

Last day to enter the sweepstakes is today, so don't forget to enter! I wonder when they'll draw the winners.

Hi all! Super helpful thread for planning, especially for noobs like me.

Think I have a basic plan for HHN - I'll be in town for the Wine&Dine Half, so even though I'm going on a likely super crowded day (Saturday, Oct. 28th), I'll have HHN Express (early birthday gift) and will be in the park before event start - planning on the Hello Kitty area. I'd like to hit AHS, Shining, Dark Waters, and the Fallen (with Ash v. Evil Dead and Scarecrow as "like-to-see" instead of must-sees). I'd also like to see the Bill & Ted show, which I think should be do-able at some point in the night.

My only other wish was to see Diagon Alley at night. I always travel in October, and have always been at UOR during HHN, missing out on nighttime views of DA. How long is this area/Gringotts open? If it's the entire night, I'll visit later on in the event. If not, I'd like to make sure I get to it before park close, even if I have to sacrifice a house or two.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all! Super helpful thread for planning, especially for noobs like me.

Think I have a basic plan for HHN - I'll be in town for the Wine&Dine Half, so even though I'm going on a likely super crowded day (Saturday, Oct. 28th), I'll have HHN Express (early birthday gift) and will be in the park before event start - planning on the Hello Kitty area. I'd like to hit AHS, Shining, Dark Waters, and the Fallen (with Ash v. Evil Dead and Scarecrow as "like-to-see" instead of must-sees). I'd also like to see the Bill & Ted show, which I think should be do-able at some point in the night.

My only other wish was to see Diagon Alley at night. I always travel in October, and have always been at UOR during HHN, missing out on nighttime views of DA. How long is this area/Gringotts open? If it's the entire night, I'll visit later on in the event. If not, I'd like to make sure I get to it before park close, even if I have to sacrifice a house or two.

Thanks in advance!

Glad to hear the thread is helping:)

Once the map is out it will be posted here. you can pick the holding zone that meets your needs best. EP should help you greatly BTW

There will be a general consensus from those who visit early & report back her as to 'the best' houses & the ones with longest waits. Will give you a good basis to formulate a plan of attack.

Glad to hear the thread is helping:)

Once the map is out it will be posted here. you can pick the holding zone that meets your needs best. EP should help you greatly BTW

There will be a general consensus from those who visit early & report back her as to 'the best' houses & the ones with longest waits. Will give you a good basis to formulate a plan of attack.

The map is out

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/event-map.php

Has anyone received info on APH nights yet? I usually get an email to RSVP around this time...getting anxious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter