"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never been to MNSSHP before, have tickets for September 1st. I'm hoping that will be one of the slower party days like it was last year. I'm one of those people who is really anxious about trying new things. I want to do it all and I want it to be perfect and I know neither thing is possible.. lol

We've never been to MNSSHP before, have tickets for September 1st. I'm hoping that will be one of the slower party days like it was last year. I'm one of those people who is really anxious about trying new things. I want to do it all and I want it to be perfect and I know neither thing is possible.. lol

September 1st is supposed to be one of the slower parties but who knows if it will be. I'm going on that day as well so hopefully it is really slow lol.

We have finally come to an agreement on costumes! We are a DC Comics loving family, most especially Batman. So DS10 is going to be Batman, with the rest of us as villains. DS23 is going to be Bane, DH will be Joker, and I'll be Harley Quinn. I really wanted to do something more Disney inspired, but we just couldn't come to an agreement. Going super easy, too, as they're all just costume t-shirts. Found a Bane neoprene mask that just covers the mouth/nose that DS can just pull up for pics, I'll wear glasses that look like Harley's mask, just need to find a Batman mask, and going to spray DH's hair with green hair spray. Not sure if he'll let me paint on Joker's smile...LOL. I love my Harley tank, it's hooded, so I won't have to worry about a headpiece! :)

ufyPcPR.jpg

would you mind sharing where you got these? They are awesome. Hoping there are other characters as well.

Uh oh- this is my situation exactly. First time to MK (ever) is on a party night. We'll be back for a regular park day later that week but I'd like to feel like I did the party up right!

What did you feel you missed? What did you do differently the second time?

OK if I could re-do that first time? Get there while it's still light out (get there for 4 if you can) and try to orient yourself in the park. Walk around, get the lay of the land.

Consult your map, note the treat locations and any parties you want to go to. Once you've got the lay of the land you can find your way back to them. If there's a ride that you want to do and it has a long line come back to it later if you can. At that first part, after the parade finished, I'd say by 8 o clock everything was walk up...even Mickey! Granted this was 9 years ago and the party was in early September but still...

I totally missed the magic shots, didn't even know they were a thing. Totally missed the Haunted Mansion too because I couldn't find it. I don't know if they were doing special MNSSHP treats then but if they were I didn't know about them or see them.

Basically don't be me ;) We still had a blast at the party, and you will too. Only this time I'm not going to miss the Haunted Mansion!

Rumors

Boo-To-You Parade Disney Villains section of the parade could be swapped out with characters from the Descendants movies.

Mickey and Minnie Mouse will have a new look compliments of Shanghai Disneyland. Also, look for new outfits to go along with these new faces.

Strong chance that Moana is getting her own meet and greet during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party. She will be located in Adventureland near the Misting Tiki statues.

http://www.chipandco.com/will-descendants-replacing-villians-boo-parade-279314/

September 1st is supposed to be one of the slower parties but who knows if it will be. I'm going on that day as well so hopefully it is really slow lol.

You would think it would be. It's one of the cheapest parties, it even has discounts for cast members. I was even able to get a reservation at Pop Century just a week or so ago. Pop is sold out pretty much any other week. Oh well, fingers crossed! LOL

You would think it would be. It's one of the cheapest parties, it even has discounts for cast members. I was even able to get a reservation at Pop Century just a week or so ago. Pop is sold out pretty much any other week. Oh well, fingers crossed! LOL

Yes fingers crossed :maleficen

I'm rethinking what we're going to wear to the party. We had planned to do Anna & Elsa and wear old race costumes that we have so we didn't have to buy anything new. But we got a Sparkle Skirt that is kind of purpley and lacey and looks a bit Haunted Mansion-ish and now I'm debating if we should wear that and a Halloween themed shirt with some ears. I just can't decide! The indecisiveness is strong with this one!
That is what I have decided on for this year. I ordered this shirt from Disney Store and will order a running skirt from Etsy. I have never run a race before but I think it will be more festive that just shorts! I can't decide whether I want to go with purple or lime green for the skirt or which ears I want so I will probably wait until I get there to get those.

I don't see it being confirmed or denied on that post but I did ask @rteetz about it on his News & Rumor thread when it first surfaced. He could not confirm or deny so back on the Wheel of Rumors it went. Then @IanDLBZF from MCMagic posted it on my thread but in earnest I couldn't take it off the wheel, get everyone's hope up just to have it not come to fruition. Even at this point @monique5 is listing it as a rumor. It would certainly be a nice surprise but it would be better if we could plan for it on our itineraries. :-)

here and my response.

Last edited:
Someone just sent me a map for 2017 MNSSHP. Is this out yet? It's only the front side. It lists a couple of spots for dance parties and a villains mix and mingle. I'm not sure how to post photos from my phone or if it's accurate.

Edit: I don't think it's right. Splash is listed as an attraction, and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is not.

Someone just sent me a map for 2017 MNSSHP. Is this out yet? It's only the front side. It lists a couple of spots for dance parties and a villains mix and mingle. I'm not sure how to post photos from my phone or if it's accurate.

Edit: I don't think it's right. Splash is listed as an attraction, and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is not.

Splash should be open for the first party and then it goes into refurb on the 28th. 7DMT is definitely on the list for open attractions:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...alloween-party/#/drawer=drawerOpenAttractions

I'm going to say Trash It! Hocus Pocus has center stage and this has been confirmed. The last time Villains Mix & Mingle had the spot light was in 2014.

That is what I have decided on for this year. I ordered this shirt from Disney Store and will order a running skirt from Etsy. I have never run a race before but I think it will be more festive that just shorts! I can't decide whether I want to go with purple or lime green for the skirt or which ears I want so I will probably wait until I get there to get those.

That is adorable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter