"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did this past Halloween, and the year before had done it during SW weekend too. IMO, the food was better this past October, their costumes were super cute. Halloween desserts were tasty too. You also received Halloween mini goody bags.

Good to know the food was better in October than SWW!

We did it last year, food was just ok, but did it for the experience. We also really enjoyed the SW meal, so if you hated that one, you'll loathe this meal! Lol. But it's a fun, holiday experience and the costumes are so cute.....

First, I am a sucker for meeting characters (and in costumes...) so that might be what motivates my decision, even though we will just be two adults.

Our Star Wars experience was mostly bad because of our server. It did pour that evening so trying to huddle under an umbrella while we waited a very long time to be seated (even with our reservation) may have put us in a sour mood to begin with, but we were super excited about it so I don't think that ruined it for us. But our server was less than attentive. I ordered a glass of wine and there was a bug in it and when I could finally let her know she was like sorry and walked away and dismissed it. It's not like I drank half of it and there was a bug in it... The bathrooms were filthy. So even though the food wasn't stellar and character interaction was ok the service/cleanliness kind of killed it for us. It's actually the only time I have ever complained at a Disney restaurant. I'm not sure if it was just an off night or super busy because of SWW and/or the weather, but definitely wasn't what I expect from Disney. (And we've done the Disney Jr. breakfast there without any issues as well so I think that's why it was super surprising to us.)

Sorry for being a pain and asking lots of questions, but can you only buy the party merchandise and pick up the limited edition sotmk card once the party has officially started at 7pm or can this be done from 4pm?
We've always been able to pick up our SOTMK card as soon as we entered (just need to show your party wristband).

We drove down from NC the day before Matthew hit. We stayed at Boardwalk. The resort was very accommodating, having several of the restaurants on the boardwalk open, though serving a very limited menu. When they realized it was pretty much a non-event in the Disney area, they opened most up by mid friday and opened DS to resort guests as well. We had a great time in the parks that weekend. It was pretty empty and we were able to visit all 4 parks to ride what we wanted (mine are teens, so they go for the bigger rides only). But we were disappointed to not do the halloween party. We had even booked Friday after we found out they were canceling thurs but then Fri was canceled too. Worked in our favor though, b/c we ended up with double the amount of park hoppers, which are worth a lot more than the party tix.

No, I haven't heard about the sleepy hollow. I will have to looking into it. We will be at wilderness for only one night just to experience the resort and staying at OKW for the rest. I will check it out and the dates. Thanks!

Legend of Sleepy Hollow @ Disney's Fort Wilderness

The event will include a showing of the 1949 classic animated Disney film, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, followed by another 1949 classic The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, and lastly. Then guests will be able to have a meet-and-greet experience with the Headless Horseman. All guests of the event will receive a limited edition Headless Horseman pin, and Premium Ticket guests will receive an additional “goody bag.”

Dates: September 29th and 30th, Thursdays through Sundays in October, and the last Monday and Tuesday of October; the 30th and 31st.

Times: 8pm & 10pm

Tickets: Will go on sale six months before each date (for example, for the October 1st show, reservations can be made starting April 1st). Reservations, 407-WDW-PLAY.

Premium Seating: $38 plus tax
General Admission: $22 plus tax
Prepay at time of booking. No discounts available. 2D Cancellation Policy

Joining!! We will be there on 10/5! We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2013 - SO EXCITED!! I know back then costumes rules were a bit more lax... would a Kigurumi be acceptable for adults? We are thinking of doing Chip n' Dale. DH and I are celebrating our 9 year anniversary this trip! The party falls the day after our anniversary day - perfect! We did MVMCP last year and loved it, but I think we are more excited to be back for Halloween!

https://www.amazon.com/Sazac-Chip-K...s&pd_rd_r=JW30NT67HKMY33XJHEWV&_encoding=UTF8

:welcome: to the party! Don't hate me I had to google "Kigurumi":upsidedow The costume would be perfect as long as there is no masks. "We are thinking of doing Chip n' Dale" - you mean as a M&G? Congratulations on the Anniversary!

Sorry for being a pain and asking lots of questions, but can you only buy the party merchandise and pick up the limited edition sotmk card once the party has officially started at 7pm or can this be done from 4pm?

I totally agree with @Cluelyss You can get SotMK card starting at 4pm but wanted to add the following: This line can be long at the beginning and you must wear your party wrist band to pick this up. The CM's in charge will mark you party wrist band with a magic marker to show you received it also it is ONE per wrist band.:thumbsup2
Can't wait to get ours!:cheer2:

:offtopic: My DS is in a school play at his public Jr. high school. Dress rehearsals were yesterday and today he and his classmates performed the play - NO Parents, family members or friends are allowed to attend. :eek:
Instead the teacher is making a CD and passing those to us. Is this norm?:confused3 I totally understand Security Issues but has anyone else experience this?:confused:

:offtopic: My DS is in a school play at his public Jr. high school. Dress rehearsals were yesterday and today he and his classmates performed the play - NO Parents, family members or friends are allowed to attend. :eek:
Instead the teacher is making a CD and passing those to us. Is this norm?:confused3 I totally understand Security Issues but has anyone else experience this?:confused:

Wow never heard of this at all. Our school's 8th grade class puts on a school play which anyone can buy a ticket to. So who are they performing for? Other students? Teachers? An empty auditorium?

Joining!! We will be there on 10/5! We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2013 - SO EXCITED!! I know back then costumes rules were a bit more lax... would a Kigurumi be acceptable for adults? We are thinking of doing Chip n' Dale. DH and I are celebrating our 9 year anniversary this trip! The party falls the day after our anniversary day - perfect! We did MVMCP last year and loved it, but I think we are more excited to be back for Halloween!

https://www.amazon.com/Sazac-Chip-K...s&pd_rd_r=JW30NT67HKMY33XJHEWV&_encoding=UTF8

Honestly looks like you'll sweat up a storm in that costume. I would think it would be way too hot/heavy!

I totally agree with @Cluelyss You can get SotMK card starting at 4pm but wanted to add the following: This line can be long at the beginning and you must wear your party wrist band to pick this up. The CM's in charge will mark you party wrist band with a magic marker to show you received it also it is ONE per wrist band.:thumbsup2
Can't wait to get ours!:cheer2:
Thank you. I assume they check your wristband when buying party merchandise also?

Thank you. I assume they check your wristband when buying party merchandise also?

As for party merchandise I do believe it was reported that they were able to purchase party specific merchandise when they showed their party voucher or plastic card, I can't remember which. I'm not sure if that will change for this year though. I'd wear the band.

Hi, joining in here! I will be in WDW from 10/9-10/17. Hoping to do MNSHHP on 10/10. We booked a 5:35pm 'Ohana dinner since their service is usually quick. I was hoping to get to park around 6:45pm. Is that too late? I originally wanted 5pm dinner, but an error on the website yesterday morning caused me to lose that and my BOG lunch ressie!

Hi, joining in here! I will be in WDW from 10/9-10/17. Hoping to do MNSHHP on 10/10. We booked a 5:35pm 'Ohana dinner since their service is usually quick. I was hoping to get to park around 6:45pm. Is that too late? I originally wanted 5pm dinner, but an error on the website yesterday morning caused me to lose that and my BOG lunch ressie!

:welcome: to the party! Is this your first MNSSHP? If so than I personally think arriving at 6:45pm is late, but than again I'm not sure what your plans are. Most people eat a full late lunch and arrive at the gate by 3:30ish and usually pick up a small bite to eat at a Quick Serve. Might want to think about a plan.:earsboy:

Its not too late, but keep in mind that O'hana often runs late, we didnt get in until 30 minutes past our reservation time, and from what I read that is pretty normal. We will be there that week too!

As for party merchandise I do believe it was reported that they were able to purchase party specific merchandise when they showed their party voucher or plastic card, I can't remember which. I'm not sure if that will change for this year though. I'd wear the band.

I would agree, just wear the band, CMs look for it when crossing from land to land too.

:welcome: to the party! Is this your first MNSSHP? If so than I personally think arriving at 6:45pm is late, but than again I'm not sure what your plans are. Most people eat a full late lunch and arrive at the gate by 3:30ish and usually pick up a small bite to eat at a Quick Serve. Might want to think about a plan.:earsboy:

Thank you for the welcome! So glad to finally be going during MNSSHP and F&W! This is years in the making. It is our first time and while ideally, I would want to be there at 6pm, DBF had two requests - 'Ohana and more time at DHS. My hands are a little tied this trip with MNSSHP, F&W, Pandora, Sense of Africa Tour, etc. We have a few big table service meals that are new for both of us that I don't want to sacrifice for 'Ohana. We are also at Poly for first part of week, so trying to do MNSSHP and the monorail restaurants while there. So, I may just have to deal and get there after 'Ohana, whenever that may be. We aren't interested in M&G. But I do want to see the fireworks and parade plus get some Hallo treats and merchandise. I have a lot of park time dedicated to MK other times during the week, so don't need to focus on rides either. And we are late nights (despite our AK morning next day) and don't mind staying until the end!

Its not too late, but keep in mind that O'hana often runs late, we didnt get in until 30 minutes past our reservation time, and from what I read that is pretty normal. We will be there that week too!

I'm hoping that since we are staying at Poly, we can get into the ressie a little early. But it is good to keep in mind that it could be the opposite! I plan to keep checking to see if an earlier time opens as well. Saturday I can book ADRs for second part of week.

I wouldn't book an Ohana for a party night. They seat late and I've never been, but due to their seating late, I'm not sure their service can be considered quick. Just my two cents. :)

I wouldn't book an Ohana for a party night. They seat late and I've never been, but due to their seating late, I'm not sure their service can be considered quick. Just my two cents. :)

Well, I just checked and booked a 3:45pm dinner. It's early, but DBF said he's ok with late lunch/early dinner and we can snack at the party if it means getting there earlier. So thank you to everyone here for making me think twice about the timing! I never would have thought, haha. This is why I love having all of you on the Dis! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter