"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody booked the headless horseman showing yet? Do you guys think it's likely to sell out?

You never can tell. If you want to go, book then cancel. Better to have than not. Last year several on here booked Club Villian very early on and some a little later. Even coordinated meeting up. Availability was wide open for a long time. Then nothing, like everyone decided to go even with price increase/$129???, which had been a turn off @ 1st. So you never know. So if something you want to do, book for date you can go, cancel if needed.

Same for actual MNSSHP tickets, 2015 numerous parties sold out, only a few last year. Check 2016 thread for actual number & date sold out.

Didn't you attend the party last year? I swear I saw your signature in the MNSSHP 2016 threads.
How was the party?
Did you happen to see guests wearing wizard robes?

My family sat next to a Hogwarts family in full attire, which included robes, at the Dessert Party.

Is it just me or is Disney late on releasing these dates? Would really like to firm up my ADRs:rolleyes1:hourglass

Just curious why everyone is so worried about party dates not being released yet.. can't you just look at the calendar and find what days the park closes at 7pm and assume it's a party day?:confused3 Apologies if thats not the case, but It's Always worked for us in the past.

Just curious why everyone is so worried about party dates not being released yet.. can't you just look at the calendar and find what days the park closes at 7pm and assume it's a party day?:confused3 Apologies if thats not the case, but It's Always worked for us in the past.

This is the method I used to check for my ADRs.

Hello everyone. New to posting here but have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I would love to know if vrajewski10513 is correct about simply looking at the calendar.

My family attended last year's MNSSHP on the first weekend of September and had a wonderful time. We are headed back to WDW from August 15th to the 28th and looking at the park hours calendar, it looks like Magic Kingdon is closing at 7:00 pm on August 25th. I would love to know if this will be one of the dates for MNSSHP as we would love to attend yet again however it seems rather early to be kicking off that event.

Thoughts?

Im looking at the August dates and the first September date. You really can't assume those dates are going to be party dates because it's so early.

I made the mistake a few years back of assuming a 7pm closing meant a party night. I paid extra to extend my stay and change my flights. Then DW updated the 7pm closing to a regular closing on the night I thought for sure was the first party and released the MNSSHP dates.

Im looking at the August dates and the first September date. You really can't assume those dates are going to be party dates because it's so early.

I made the mistake a few years back of assuming a 7pm closing meant a party night. I paid extra to extend my stay and change my flights. Then DW updated the 7pm closing to a regular closing on the night I thought for sure was the first party and released the MNSSHP dates.
Yes, I definitely understand those first couple parties being more questionable than the latter.

Hello everyone. New to posting here but have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I would love to know if vrajewski10513 is correct about simply looking at the calendar.

My family attended last year's MNSSHP on the first weekend of September and had a wonderful time. We are headed back to WDW from August 15th to the 28th and looking at the park hours calendar, it looks like Magic Kingdon is closing at 7:00 pm on August 25th. I would love to know if this will be one of the dates for MNSSHP as we would love to attend yet again however it seems rather early to be kicking off that event.

Thoughts?

There are many of us waiting.....hoping.....that it starts in August. A 7pm closing now is a good sign that DW may be considering late August dates. But park hours can get updated any time. Nothing is official for late August/early September until an official announcement is made. It's pretty safe to assume 7pm closings from mid September til the end of October are party dates though.

You can, but many ppl. have been burned by doing that in the past...myself included. I think it's a safer bet late in Sept. and in Oct., but those early dates have fooled us before and this year with dates in Aug. there's no history to go by.

Thoughts?

I definitely don't want to confuse anyone. As @Disneylover99 stated it makes sense to look at the park calendar for anything mid-September through October. Those dates typically follow a pattern from year to year. Those earlier dates however, are a little more uncertain. I'd especially err on the side of caution if you're looking for a date in August. I don't BELIEVE (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) there has ever been an August date for MNSSHP. This year could possibly be a first, but definitely wait until the official announcement to alter any plans.

Can you tell a MNSSHP date by booking dining? For example, I tried to book dining for 9/22 but the restaurants stop seating at around 6 PM - I think that is a clue that this date is a MNSSHP date?

I have, I feel like it would because it was a reasonable price. At least there are two times for the nights they have it.

I got given a confirmation number but I have not had an email and nothing has come up on my MDX but I don't know if that's normal?

Same. Called and booked and received a confirmation number, but nothing is showing up on MDE. :/ Gotta say that makes me a wee bit nervous -- will definitely guard that conf. number with my life!

Can you tell a MNSSHP date by booking dining? For example, I tried to book dining for 9/22 but the restaurants stop seating at around 6 PM - I think that is a clue that this date is a MNSSHP date?
That late in September it would make sense. But I wouldn't use that as a sure thing. I've had Disney cancel meals on me due to last minute special events in the past.

I definitely don't want to confuse anyone. As @Disneylover99 stated it makes sense to look at the park calendar for anything mid-September through October. Those dates typically follow a pattern from year to year. Those earlier dates however, are a little more uncertain. I'd especially err on the side of caution if you're looking for a date in August. I don't BELIEVE (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) there has ever been an August date for MNSSHP. This year could possibly be a first, but definitely wait until the official announcement to alter any plans.

Great points - thanks for putting this out there. I mentioned this a while back but I think it's worth repeating...

To anyone who is hoping for an August date, I know that the calendar shows 7pm closings at the end of the month and that could be an indication of a party but WDW's own website page for the event does specifically state "Enjoy Enchanting Fun in September and October at Magic Kingdom Park".

This doesn't mean definitively there won't be an August party, but I do think it is notable. Certainly I hope that everyone who would like to attend a party would have the opportunity to do so.

Today is my birthday so I am wishing for Disney to release dates officially. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter