• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance for getting behind in reading the thread the last few weeks. We will have 4 day tickets and be attending MNSSHP one night during our trip. I am still undecided if we will use a park day to enter before 4 on the MNSSHP day. Do I need to make all my other FP+ days first? Is it irrelevant if we plan on using a park day to enter before 4? TIA!
We're not really sure what prevented some from making FP+ with their Party ticket. However, those of us that made the other days first, and then made the party day FPs last had no problems.

If you plan to use a day to enter before 4 pm, then it's a moot point.

I apologize in advance for getting behind in reading the thread the last few weeks. We will have 4 day tickets and be attending MNSSHP one night during our trip. I am still undecided if we will use a park day to enter before 4 on the MNSSHP day. Do I need to make all my other FP+ days first? Is it irrelevant if we plan on using a park day to enter before 4? TIA!
If you have a 4 day ticket and will only be making FP for three days other than the party it doesn't matter what order you make the FP plans. However if you have a 4 day ticket and decide to go to the parks 4 days plus go to the party (and only use the party ticket) for a 5th day you need to make the non party FP first. This is based on other reports so far this year (it was not the case last year). Also if you make FP that start earlier than when you can enter with a party ticket now (planning to use a day ticket) but change your mind close to the party date you may have trouble changing to late day FP for MNSSHP days at the last minute.

Anyone have any tips for lining up for Winnie the Pooh groups meet and greet during/before the party? We met them before, but it was years ago. Do they come out early like Jack Skellington? or do they not start till 7pm? I remember when we met them they took "breaks" during the parade sets so I remember their times being hard to coordinate and plan.

Is it possible to see both Jack and Sally as well as the Dwarfs without spending all night in line? DD wants to meet the Dwarfs, but J&S are a family favorite.

We are going 9/19 (my birthday! :cool1:). We've never been, I actually had our dates set and realized the party was going on as well! I've read through (most of) this thread, and am so excited! Here's a question...is it crazy to just walk in and experience what we can without a plan? I am planning all our other park days, but having never been, I have no idea how to figure timing. I will probably have a short of list of must-do's, and it will probably drive me nuts to not have some kind of plan in place!

We are going 9/19 (my birthday! :cool1:). We've never been, I actually had our dates set and realized the party was going on as well! I've read through (most of) this thread, and am so excited! Here's a question...is it crazy to just walk in and experience what we can without a plan? I am planning all our other park days, but having never been, I have no idea how to figure timing. I will probably have a short of list of must-do's, and it will probably drive me nuts to not have some kind of plan in place!
This is our situation as well. We have 2 character meets we want to try to squeeze in and we are just trying to wing it from there. We've also never been to the party. I love to plan so not having a plan is making me a little crazy lol. I imagine once the parties begin and I start reading about the specifics I may end up with a loose plan in place.

is it crazy to just walk in and experience what we can without a plan? I am planning all our other park days, but having never been, I have no idea how to figure timing. I will probably have a short of list of must-do's, and it will probably drive me nuts to not have some kind of plan in place!

Nope. That's how we do it. Note granted we only need one or two magic shots photos and no meet and greets. I hear those require a little planning. We tend to wander the park, stopping for the parade wherever we are when it's time or our feet hurt. I do enjoy sit down dinners, which is scandalous and not recommended, but even with that and no plan we still get a lot done and have a really good time.

Awesome! I think party days are the best ones to not have a strict plan. Make sure to note the times of parade/fireworks/Hocus Pocus show, and check what character meets, if any, you are interested in doing. Then just go with the flow-if you see a short ride line, go for it! If you feel like getting a sugar fix, hit up a treat trail! Especially because you will be on a Tuesday in mid-september, there shouldn't be many crowds (I'll be there the week before you), so less planning and strategizing is necessary.

Taking the BF for his first official trip to WDW, and my first time at MNSSHP. We're going Friday, September 1. It will be our only MK day (quick trip over the Labor Day holiday), but I figured it was a great way to see the MK!

Does entry happen right at 4pm? Or, do they open the gates early like opening (i.e. 3:45)? I'm assuming 4:00pm, but appreciate any confirmation!

I love to plan so not having a plan is making me a little crazy lol. I imagine once the parties begin and I start reading about the specifics I may end up with a loose plan in place.

This is totally me! Right now I'm thinking "wing it" but I know as it gets closer and details start coming out, I'll end up with a plan. LOL

Nope. That's how we do it. Note granted we only need one or two magic shots photos and no meet and greets. I hear those require a little planning. We tend to wander the park, stopping for the parade wherever we are when it's time or our feet hurt. I do enjoy sit down dinners, which is scandalous and not recommended, but even with that and no plan we still get a lot done and have a really good time.

Awesome! I think party days are the best ones to not have a strict plan. Make sure to note the times of parade/fireworks/Hocus Pocus show, and check what character meets, if any, you are interested in doing. Then just go with the flow-if you see a short ride line, go for it! If you feel like getting a sugar fix, hit up a treat trail! Especially because you will be on a Tuesday in mid-september, there shouldn't be many crowds (I'll be there the week before you), so less planning and strategizing is necessary.

My thought right now is to do exactly this. Make a list of a few can't miss features, and go from there. Honestly, I'm guessing any meet & greets will be me alone or with DS9, while DH & DS22 ride rides. :D Hopefully I can get them in on some magic shots, and I'm pretty sure they won't pass on candy! LOL! So glad to hear my Tuesday evening date choice is a wise one. :)

"This is totally me! Right now I'm thinking "wing it" but I know as it gets closer and details start coming out, I'll end up with a plan. LOL"

That's how I had said I was going to handle this whole trip! No touring plans, no schedules, just wing it...yeah right. The lists have already started!!
We know where we are going to be each day, now it's just plan out everything we want to do. So much for a notebook free vacation! lol!

Can someone point me in the direction of the mnsshp calendar/chart that predicted the projected attendance of each party? I'm trying to decide which party to attend during our week.

I tend to "go with the flow" with some planning! Like whether or not to go to rope drop, select fast passes but mostly go with the flow from there. I have a couple ADRs but that's it.

When we and DBF plan too much we don't enjoy the trip as much and tend to get snippy with each other. Not fun.

Can someone point me in the direction of the mnsshp calendar/chart that predicted the projected attendance of each party? I'm trying to decide which party to attend during our week.

Pretty sure Touring Plans has one... you might need a subscription.

These are the guidelines from Disney Tourist Blog:

Historically, there are generally two rules for how busy Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will be:
1) Tuesday nights are typically the least crowded, whereas Friday nights are the most crowded; and,
2) The parties get progressively busier the closer you get to Halloween.

And these were the least crowded parties in 2016, according to Touringplans:
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Friday, September 2, 2016
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Note that this is based on wait times for the rides. The "least crowded" does not measure how many people are watching the parades and shows. A better indicator are the parties that sold out in the last few years. I can't find a list of this. The only three that sold out in advance in 2016 were Oct 24, Oct 28 and Oct 31, but there were others that sold out the day of (as people wait to see what the weather is like).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter