"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I can sew and am pretty thrifty at goodwill. Thus far we are thinking about Marie and Toulouse but we haven't fully discussed yet.

Thus far, I have the time, it's the resources which give me pause
Marie and Toulouse would be so precious and seems pretty easy to put together. Great idea!
(Side note I just saw in your signature that you're going on a Transatlantic cruise. How fun!)

Debating now what characters we should line up for early-Belle/Gaston (sister and I are dressing as belle-one gold and one provincial), Winnie Pooh, or Dwarves. We have a FP at 7DMT from 5:30-6:30, so after that we'll probably grab food to go and eat in whichever line we go to. The other 2 we'll wait until end of the night when lines are shorter.

What do people think?

Last year we lined up at about 6:15 (which seems to be my recommended time to line up for everyone who starts at 7). We were among the first few groups. It's not a bad area to wait, there is some shade and curbs to sit on.
I got in her line at 6:30 right after leaving the dwarfs. Most of us did this since they meet next to each other. I was the third in line she came out right at 7pm.

Debating now what characters we should line up for early-Belle/Gaston (sister and I are dressing as belle-one gold and one provincial), Winnie Pooh, or Dwarves. We have a FP at 7DMT from 5:30-6:30, so after that we'll probably grab food to go and eat in whichever line we go to. The other 2 we'll wait until end of the night when lines are shorter.

What do people think?

I'd say if Dwarves end up starting early (you'll know after the first party) try to be at the very start of their line. Get in line for Belle and Gaston right after that. If you want to do 7DMT walk into line a few minutes until midnight. Belle and Gaston go on breaks and it is an annoying wait.

Marie and Toulouse would be so precious and seems pretty easy to put together. Great idea!
(Side note I just saw in your signature that you're going on a Transatlantic cruise. How fun!)
Yeah, just cat outfits with the distinctive bows. Plus, I have Marie socks!

Thank you ^_^ We went on the EBPC last year and fell in love with the longer DCL cruises. If you're thinking about booking, I'd do it as soon as you can afford it since the prices have climbed $300+ since I booked

They have not historically come out early. We got in line around 6:30 last year and were one of the last to make it into their first set. If you lined up closer to 6 I'm sure you'd be one of the first.

For the Christmas party I was there around 6:20 PM and was about 4th in line. They kind of divided the line for normal guests to meet Pooh & Tigger before the party began and those waiting for the foursome at the party. There was like a 15 minute gap between the different sets of characters. The nice thing was guests who weren't staying for the party tried to get in line to see the characters, but they were turned away.

Thank you! I can sew and am pretty thrifty at goodwill. Thus far we are thinking about Marie and Toulouse but we haven't fully discussed yet.

Thus far, I have the time, it's the resources which give me pause

Seems like you could use any pretty white dress, with a huge pink sash, white kitty ears and tail and you'd be set for Marie! Maybe a cat collar necklace, with a felt tag that says "Marie" on it?

I'm not so familiar with Toulouse, but a 'boy' version of the above in the right colors could make adorable Disneybounds!

Get in line for Belle and Gaston right after that. If you want to do 7DMT walk into line a few minutes until midnight. Belle and Gaston go on breaks and it is an annoying wait

My kids will be dressed up as Belle and Gaston so they are a MUST for the party for us!! How long was the break in between their sets last year? We already have photos with the dwarves and hope to get a few rides in before party time. From the other feedback-I was hoping to make the beginning section of the line and make their first set by lining up between 6:15-6:30--any thoughts or advice?

Seems like you could use any pretty white dress, with a huge pink sash, white kitty ears and tail and you'd be set for Marie! Maybe a cat collar necklace, with a felt tag that says "Marie" on it?

I'm not so familiar with Toulouse, but a 'boy' version of the above in the right colors could make adorable Disneybounds!
Ooooh I didn't even think of a dress! Brilliant! A big pink bow on my waist and one on my head.
I'm with you on the ears and tail, but also add ankle fur "bracelets" and white gloves with cut off fingertips and pink sewn on the palm (like kitty pads) and pinks nails for kitty jelly bean toes :D

Toulouse is the Orange kitten and has a blue bow (and paints 'old picklepuss edgar')

Does anyone know when Disney will release the 2017 MNSSHP Character list and the party map? We are attending the very first party in August.

Yes, it will be released following your party, once you report back to us here! :duck:

In all honesty, I think that's how the lists are generated, from printed materials handed out at the first parties, and personal observations of the initial guests.

Does anyone know when Disney will release the 2017 MNSSHP Character list and the party map? We are attending the very first party in August.

Yes, it will be released following your party, once you report back to us here! :duck:

In all honesty, I think that's how the lists are generated, from printed materials handed out at the first parties, and personal observations of the initial guests.

I believe the map for the first party has gotten leaked out a few days before the first party, but yes, usually more information comes in from the first guests!

I believe the map for the first party has gotten leaked out a few days before the first party, but yes, usually more information comes in from the first guests!
Hello all together, new here on disboards but fan of WDW and your Page for a long time. We are visiting MNSSHP on 8/29 and I hardly can wait. Do you think it is okay to wear Star Trek costumes, I know that Star Wars is the Disney stuff:yoda:. It is so interesting to read all your posts, it is like having a Disney trip before going in real. Well I hope I don't do too many grammar mistakes, but I live in Germane and so english is sometimes a little hard.
Greetings from Bavaria:love:

Hello all together, new here on disboards but fan of WDW and your Page for a long time. We are visiting MNSSHP on 8/29 and I hardly can wait. Do you think it is okay to wear Star Trek costumes, I know that Star Wars is the Disney stuff:yoda:. It is so interesting to read all your posts, it is like having a Disney trip before going in real. Well I hope I don't do too many grammar mistakes, but I live in Germane and so english is sometimes a little hard.
Guten Tag! We were just in Bavaria last month! You come from a very fun place.

Many guests wear non-Disney costumes. I've even seen Harry Potter, which is a franchise from Universal (a Disney competitor). And many Disney fans are also Star Trek fans. Just keep in mind that depending when you go it may be very hot, so adjust your costume accordingly.

upload_2017-7-8_11-48-55.png Hi and :welcome: to the party fellow Trekkie! I created a [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/"]MNSSHP Planning Thread[/URL] as well as printable pdf's for [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587115"]Characters[/URL] and [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587125"]Trick or Treat locations[/URL] for all to use, please feel free to stop by!

New to the boards and planning our first ever MNSSHP in Sept!!! Just wanted to say hello :wave:and I'm SO excited to finally be going back to the world with kiddos and see fall in Disney!!! :yay:

I'm still searching around but is there a thread already with awesome costume ideas? The hubby doesn't know it yet but he is definitely dressing up too!! :thumbsup2

New to the boards and planning our first ever MNSSHP in Sept!!! Just wanted to say hello :wave:and I'm SO excited to finally be going back to the world with kiddos and see fall in Disney!!! :yay:

I'm still searching around but is there a thread already with awesome costume ideas? The hubby doesn't know it yet but he is definitely dressing up too!! :thumbsup2
Hi! We are going to our first ever party, too! Not sure I'd there is a costume thread but DH is going as Sid from Toy Story since it was a super easy costume. Happy planning!

What do people think?

I'd say if Dwarves end up starting early (you'll know after the first party) try to be at the very start of their line. Get in line for Belle and Gaston right after that. If you want to do 7DMT walk into line a few minutes until midnight. Belle and Gaston go on breaks and it is an annoying wait.

So I realized last night that the Winnie the Pooh characters also meet at Disneyland in their costumes during the DL Halloween party. We will be attending that one too, just closer to Halloween (hoping to go Friday the 13th). So that simplifies things if we just decide to meet them in CA and stick to Belle/Gaston and dwarves. So maybe we'll each go to one line before the party starts, check out the lengths and wait in the shorter one, texting to coordinate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter