"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's taken me more than an hour to get out after fireworks. And that is moving with the masses. At a party you have the masses moving out AND the party masses moving in. Gridlock.

Exactly this! Sure, they could maybe do it in 1 hr, but that hour would be crazy! Trying to get everyone checked in, while also dealing with guests who don't read and realize the park is closing early. Letting party goers in who start racing to get to the character meets they want. Having people line up outside the gates, even more so than rope drop (pre-revised opening show), while in the hot sun! Yeah, not fun for guests or CMs. Insteading spreading it out over 3 hours lets people stagger their entrance. And lets CMs check in people before the masses of people also start exiting the park.

Besides, I don't think I've heard many complaints from non-party goers that party people get in early. If so, it'd be much much less than the uproar if they stopped allowing early entry!

Thankyou .... we are going to the first party! Will they confirm ahead of time who and where the meet and greets will be?

Claire :)
I have never seen a posted schedule or full list of characters published BY DISNEY. Only by different sites like the DIS. Here is a link to last year's party map so you can see what to expect. The little black Mickey heads are where the characters are.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING! Seriously, though, my daughter is obsessed with Moana and I'll spend nearly the whole party making sure that M&G happens if I need to. My daughter will be dressed as Belle with her hair all done up from BBB, but maybe I can have her wear her Moana shirt and shorts under the dress and do a quick change in the M&G line, lol. She will have a Moana costume as well after her birthday party, but I wasn't planning on bringing it to WDW. Not sure I want to do a full costume change in the middle of the party, lol.

I could rethink this whole thing and try to get BBB before our Cindy's breakfast ADR, but that would probably be difficult at best at this point. Then she could be Moana for the MNSSHP. Although I've already ordered some things for DH and myself for us to be Mrs. Potts and Belle, so I would also have to return all of that and make our Disney bounding Moana themed. Decisions, decisions.

Of course, part of the appeal of her being Belle during MNSSHP is that we will be getting dessert at BOG and I would love to have her meet the Beast while she is dressed in Belle's ball gown.
I have two daughters 6 and 4. They were both supposed to be Moana now my 4 year old wants to be Belle. This might change her mind back to Moana.

I have two daughters 6 and 4. They were both supposed to be Moana now my 4 year old wants to be Belle. This might change her mind back to Moana.

I am hoping whoever goes to the first party can confirm for us that she will actually be there, although I don't plan on telling my daughter until we're in line to meet her. I don't want her to get disappointed in any way.

I'll have to think about it all and which route I want to go. There won't be time for a last minute decision with have to potentially change the BBB reservation.

Very interesting that you mentioned this. I wonder if MNSSHP will be easier to assign since everyone isn't flooding the area from the parade now.
Though the MVMCP dessert party doesn't include the parade this year, either. (At least, it's not mentioned in the event description on the site, and the start time of 9:00 pm would indicate fireworks only, since the parade will be over by then.)

I have never seen a posted schedule or full list of characters published BY DISNEY. Only by different sites like the DIS. Here is a link to last year's party map so you can see what to expect. The little black Mickey heads are where the characters are.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm
I'll second this, nothing ever officially published by Disney on character locations, and definitely not in advance. Though there will likely be an announcement of any additions to the party prior to the first night. And the app will show you locations that night, so you're not completely flying blind!

Sorry if someone asked already, I haven't read all the posts, there are so many!

My question is for those that have been before. Is it worth the money? It will cost us $400 to go and my husband isn't on board. It does seem like a lot. Thanks!

That's one thing we are all trying to figure out. Value is vague right now with Disney's lack of official clarity on some potential changes to this year's party (possibly no FP+ from 3:30-6:30 like in years past, unlikely but possibly not allowing 4:00 early entry with only a party ticket).

Hey guys!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: Times for certain events are starting to show for earlier dates! Click on the date you are going (all dates might not be loaded yet):

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/hocus-pocus-villain-spectacular/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes/

Hours
FridayAugust 25, 2017
  • 10:15 PM

Ticketed Event
  • 10:15 PM

SO excited - we are going to the 8/25 party and I was able to add the fireworks, Parade & Castle show all to my "plans" in MDE (with a disclaimer message that this is not a reservation)

Sorry if someone asked already, I haven't read all the posts, there are so many!

My question is for those that have been before. Is it worth the money? It will cost us $400 to go and my husband isn't on board. It does seem like a lot. Thanks!

The answer is subjective. Its still "crowded" just not crazy crowded. Not everything is open - but then, when we do a party, we only do party exclusive stuff - character meets, shows, etc. and if there is a ride we want and little to no line, we will do that between party event stuff. Other people, use the time to take advantage of the rides... neither is wrong or right.

Our family has done the Halloween party once, the Christmas party once, and a prior party - the pirates & princess's once. We loved all 3 parties, but the Halloween was our favorite (and that really surprised me as we are BIG Christmas people, not so much for Halloween)

One thing our party has done in the past is not everyone in the party attend. If it's not someone's "thing" then they did something else and we bought party tickets for the people that were excited about it. The other thing is we have a big lunch late (or early dinner, lol) and that way other then getting a snack during the party, we don't spend party time "eating" It costs my family of 4 approx. $300.00 to go. (we are going to the 8/25/17 party) My kids enjoyed it so much, they were willing to buy their own tickets with their own money. (we didn't make them, but this shows how much they like the parties)

Ahh. This will be my first dessert party so it is all new to me! I will have no issue arriving early for the 9pm check-in. Glad it opens up my "pre-party" touring a little bit. Thank you!

Very interesting that you mentioned this. I just checked the MVMCP verbiage and I do see it specifically says "Seating will be available at the dessert party on a first-come, first-served basis—though every table features views of Cinderella Castle."

I wonder if MNSSHP will be easier to assign since everyone isn't flooding the area from the parade now. I definitely booked right away on the day they opened so fingers crossed I am pre-assigned a decent spot!

Interesting. Was your party earlier in the season or closer to Halloween? I wonder if they're pre-assigned on busier nights like the PP mentioned on 10/31.
Our hallowishes dessert party was on 9/29/16, and the seats were not assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter