"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting more and more excited for the party every day. Mine isn't until October 29th but I am really excited.

Still do not know what I will dress up as. I need to find some ideas. I may try to do something from Star Wars, but I am not sure. I really am not good at that kind of stuff at all. Don't want to spend a lot of $$ and don't have time to really make anything. Ideas are welcome!!

So excited about the party. Our group of 11 is going to go as monsters inc. DS (3) will be Mike and DD (1) will be Boo. DH wants to be Sully. Will he be able to wear the Sully costume as long as it doesn't touch/drag on the ground? That's what it seems like but before I buy it, I want to make sure.

Yeah, I'm very curious how this timing is going to work out for those that like to watch the first parade from Frontierland? Just follow it to Main Street I guess? And how will this impact folks trying to get a spot for the fireworks who aren't watching the first parade? We like to grab a spot in the gardens around 9:30, but not sure how we will get there with the parade literally passing through at the same time. Glad we aren't going till October so I can read some reports from the early parties and figure out how to adjust my plan!

Yeah, I am going to have to look at my plans and revamp them a bit. With the later first parade I'm not sure now if I want to do first or second. I'm worried about finding a spot for fireworks if we don't watch the first parade. I'll have to think on that a bit.

Hallowishes Dessert Party is at 9:15, so I think you can still check in at least until that time.

If the first parade starts at 9:15 and the dessert party also starts at 9:15, I think you'll need to watch the second parade, as the dessert party doesn't include parade viewing. You won't have any trouble finding a spot in the handicapped accessible parade viewing area; there are CMs waiting there to help out!

So excited about the party. Our group of 11 is going to go as monsters inc. DS (3) will be Mike and DD (1) will be Boo. DH wants to be Sully. Will he be able to wear the Sully costume as long as it doesn't touch/drag on the ground? That's what it seems like but before I buy it, I want to make sure.

Does the Sully costume have a mask? He won't be able to wear one. Otherwise it sounds fine as long as it doesn't drag on the ground!

I am getting more and more excited for the party every day. Mine isn't until October 29th but I am really excited.

Still do not know what I will dress up as. I need to find some ideas. I may try to do something from Star Wars, but I am not sure. I really am not good at that kind of stuff at all. Don't want to spend a lot of $$ and don't have time to really make anything. Ideas are welcome!![/QUOTE]

I've seen all ends of the spectrum - it also depends on when you go - we are going 8/25 & it's going to be HOT, so DH & I will find a cool T-shirt and maybe wear some mickey ears or something. my boys haven't decided, but they are teens, so who knows... My sister went a few years ago near Halloween, it was a little cooler, and they wore full costumes (the crew from "Up") it was cute, but no way I'd deal that in the heat...

This is my concern as well. I was planning on doing rides, then finding a spot for Hallowishes, and then catch the later parade. I feel like I'm almost being forced to watch the first parade in order to get a good spot for Hallowishes! But, unlike HEA, I don't have to be directly in front of the castle for Hallowishes, right? Is there a good viewing spot that is not on the parade route?
Like Wishes, Hallowishes can be seen from just about anywhere. There are some projections during the show, but it's not like HEA where you need to be front and center. We like watching near the carousel if we're not out front.

Like Wishes, Hallowishes can be seen from just about anywhere. There are some projections during the show, but it's not like HEA where you need to be front and center. We like watching near the carousel if we're not out front.

OUAT has projections though and it's before Hallowishes, right?

Can't wait to attend my 3rd MNSSHP, with some newbies in tow! It's always been a blast.

It will be my DD's (15 months) first party. I'm a little nervous about how long she will make it, but we are relaxing early in the day. Fingers crossed that she will make it to Boo to You!!

Hi all! I just booked my 2nd trip to WDW for MNSSHP and am thrilled to be coming back as there was so much I didn't get to experience during my 1st trip in 2015. I'm working on my costume as I was Minnie last time - this time I'll be Minnie with a twist, either a Halloween colors version or (my favorite) Minnie as a Haunted Mansion maid.

My one tip to anyone attending the party is this: hang out around Frontierland or just near the Rivers of America - at the 7pm part start time fog rolls over the river as the Ghost Host tolls the bell and welcomes everyone to the party. I just happened to experience this by complete happenstance and it gave me chills it was so cool!

How busy are the fireworks during a early/mid September Tuesday party? We are going Sept 12, which historically has been one of the least crowded.

Our general schedule was:
4pm: enter, hopefully use FPs for Peter Pan, Enchanted Tales with Belle (sister and I are dressed as 2 versions of Belle), 7DMT, maybe hit other rides in between if low enough wait times
6/6:30: Get in line for Belle/Gaston, maybe eat QS while in line?
7ish: meet with Belle/Gaston
7-10ish: rides, maybe a bit of trick or treating.
10:15: Hallowishes (probably try to get there around 10ish)
10:45: Hocus Pocus
11:15: Boo to you Parade, watch from Frontierland?
after parade, try to get over to take photo with 7 dwarves.

Should we instead go to the first parade so after Hocus Pocus go to meet dwarves, then do some rides?

What is the least busy parade viewing area and how early should we get there?

Hi all! I just booked my 2nd trip to WDW for MNSSHP and am thrilled to be coming back as there was so much I didn't get to experience during my 1st trip in 2015. I'm working on my costume as I was Minnie last time - this time I'll be Minnie with a twist, either a Halloween colors version or (my favorite) Minnie as a Haunted Mansion maid.

My one tip to anyone attending the party is this: hang out around Frontierland or just near the Rivers of America - at the 7pm part start time fog rolls over the river as the Ghost Host tolls the bell and welcomes everyone to the party. I just happened to experience this by complete happenstance and it gave me chills it was so cool!
Thank you for that tip. My 4th party and I have never seen that tip before.

How busy are the fireworks during a early/mid September Tuesday party? We are going Sept 12, which historically has been one of the least crowded.

Our general schedule was:
4pm: enter, hopefully use FPs for Peter Pan, Enchanted Tales with Belle (sister and I are dressed as 2 versions of Belle), 7DMT, maybe hit other rides in between if low enough wait times
6/6:30: Get in line for Belle/Gaston, maybe eat QS while in line?
7ish: meet with Belle/Gaston
7-10ish: rides, maybe a bit of trick or treating.
10:15: Hallowishes (probably try to get there around 10ish)
10:45: Hocus Pocus
11:15: Boo to you Parade, watch from Frontierland?
after parade, try to get over to take photo with 7 dwarves.

Should we instead go to the first parade so after Hocus Pocus go to meet dwarves, then do some rides?

What is the least busy parade viewing area and how early should we get there?
Fireworks (and all other party exclusive events) are always busy - sold out night or not. You'll want to grab a spot well before 10:00 if you want to be on or near Main Street.

I can almost guarantee that the dwarfs line will be cut before you can make it there after the second parade. The parade is roughly 20 minutes long, plus another 10 minutes or so to get to Storybook Circus from Frontierland - you won't arrive until 11:45.

Fireworks (and all other party exclusive events) are always busy - sold out night or not. You'll want to grab a spot well before 10:00 if you want to be on or near Main Street.

I can almost guarantee that the dwarfs line will be cut before you can make it there after the second parade. The parade is roughly 20 minutes long, plus another 10 minutes or so to get to Storybook Circus from Frontierland - you won't arrive until 11:45.
Should we instead watch the first parade and then follow it to the castle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter