• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how the party merchandise in the shops works? If we're already in MK, when can we buy the party merchandise? Would it be out early (before 7:00) or how does it work? Do they bring it out right at 7? We're hoping to do shopping early since there's so much going on later. I'm assuming the non-party Halloween-theme items are in the stores during the day as well? We're mostly after the party merchandise.
Regular Halloween merchandise will be all over the place including some in the resort gift shops. I'm not sure what time the MNSSHP shirts and pins will come out. Definitely not before 4pm because you have to show your party wrist band to purchase. They basically have the shirts on rolling hanging racks and pull them out. I have seen an area sectioned off in the middle part of the Emporium that will be monitored by a cast member and pins may be at the register. Same back at Big Top.

Does anyone have a map of the bypass? Our first order of business is meeting with Tink (we're all going as fairies). Is the bypass before or after that section of Main Street?
I don't have a map handy but it is immediately after Tony's Town Square restaurant. So it is after you would do Tink on the same side of the street.

That's the tough part with stuff like this. The autographs are fun to get (we don't personally get them), but there's a time and a place. A hard ticket event isn't necessarily the best place to do it. Now if you're a local and had the chance to see some of the villains out "training" a couple weeks ago, that's a better time. Heck, Disney just needs to have the villains out more period.

I wish none of them signed. That's the only reason my kids got in line for characters last night. They are autograph fiends, but they could care less about interacting with them or taking pictures with them.

I want to get autographs from characters that I can't get during park hours but I'm happy to take signed cards. I'm not going to want or need a lot of interaction either. Quick pic and I'm happy to be on my way to go do other fun stuff in the party. It's almost like they could do with a character FP line where you can only get a photo and signed card and move on and have a couple of those go through while the next group in the normal queue prepares for their longer greet. I know that probably wouldn't work but it would be good if Disney could figure out a way of doing it more efficiently.

I think they should have done a variation of Club Villain, forget the show and desserts a queue and meet Curella, Evil Queen, Maleficent, Red Queen and Dr Facilier and maybe even Hades and Oogie Boogie and Hook, since they appear in the show. They could charge $30-$40 to keep the queues down. Easy money for Disney and Villain's fans are happy.

I heard from a group I follow on Facebook that the Hocus Pocus merchandise was pulled because of a legal issue. There was some speculation in the thread that there is a copyright issue related to a fabric line called the Ghastlies. Which as an avid quilter is one of my favorite fabric lines! I want to buy the t-shirt with the cat on it and now when I compare it to the fabric I can see the resemblance. No wonder I liked all that merchandise best! Not sure of the validity of all this just re-posting what I read elsewhere! We will be there on the 2nd of October, hoping they have it straightened out and available.

I can't find the merch mentioned on the parks blog anymore.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-halloween-party-2017-at-magic-kingdom-park/

And I looked at the fabric https://www.thequiltedcastle.com/the-ghastlies-alexander-henry.html

its the same artist, I was sure they said it was created by him as in a collabortation so maybe they had a disagreement with him?

Does anyone have a map of the bypass? Our first order of business is meeting with Tink (we're all going as fairies). Is the bypass before or after that section of Main Street?

Here's a screenshot from Google satellite. The bypass is east of Main Street before Tomorrowland. You can see the different colors in the pavement, the bypass is light gray. It's technically considered backstage, but Disney can separate the bypass from the rest of the backstage area. When I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last September, the bypass was not open, so when we went back there, we couldn't take photos because it was considered backstage. But we saw signs and decorations along the bypass for MNSSHP.

Attachments

• MK-bypass.pdf
    892.7 KB · Views: 58
I'm really at a loss as to my party plan for this year. Usually I have my military precision plan ready to go at this point. We will be doing Universal this trip, so the only WDW time will be the party. There are a few favorite rides I'd like to do. We'll most likely see the first parade. My preference used to be to watch the second but ever since they moved the second parade start time back I feel it cuts too much time out of the emptier last hour of the party.

We'll see the fireworks for sure. Do some trick or treating near the end when the trails are emptier. I'm just not sure about which characters I'd like to see. We will be Jack Sparrow and pirate Ariel, so we'll most likely need to see Jack and Ariel/Eric. I met the dwarves a few times before so have little interest in them again. Usually we meet Jack and Sally because you can get that done before the party even starts, but this year we may actually want to do rides instead during that time.

I just can't decide which other characters I want to meet. I have a lot I wouldn't mind meeting, like Lotso, Jafar, Queen of Hearts and the Tweedles. I'd love to meet Donald since he is my favorite but that line is terrible unless you get lucky or line up before 7. Same with Belle and Gaston, they are a great interaction but that line is murder if you get cut off when they go on a break.

Which party are you attending? We are doing 11/1, our first party. We don't plan on doing the characters, mainly rides, candy, treats, and shows. I am still trying to decide which parade to do. The last one seems pretty late, and we would end up with a big gap before it. We are doing AM EMH at Epcot the next morning, so I'm thinking of hitting the earlier parade. Decisions, decisions. I need to decide some stuff soon. I have to do our FP+ on 9/1. I'm just not getting into polishing my detailed plans right now. Actually, not really motivated to do much right now with all of this wind and rain. I guess I need to get out and go buy food though:rolleyes:

I'm sorry I know this was posted at some point, but where exactly does the bypass take you?

You go behind all of the stores on the right hand side of main street and come out with the plaza restaurant to your left

Last edited:
Someone asked about Jane Terk and Tarzan. They meet across from the Sunshine Terrace. Enter Adventureland and once off the bridge look to your left. We were there for an entire set, last group to meet them. Be aware that Terk leaves for breaks and comes back within the set. So a few families opted to step to the side and wait for Terk to get back. I was surprised the character handler allowed that.

I got in line for Moana at about 5:20. She was scheduled to come out at 645 but delayed a bit because of rain. It took about 20 minutes from the start of her set for me to meet her. The line when I left was the HUGE. However, when I looked later in the evening, between 8 and 10, it looked more manageable. The maps didn't list character names, so I think people who knew she would be there went early, and then people didn't know know she was there unless they walked by.

I did not see the 7 dwarves but I did hear people talking. THey said that the line was not allowed to form early. The set wasn't ready. I don't know what time it eventually started.

I'm going to encourage the kids to trick-or-treat later in the evening, for that reason, and also so they don't have to carry it around all night. The candy won't run out, will it?
there may be times when an individual area will run out but the have barrels to replace. May just take a few minutes sometimes to get them. I remember a few years ago the CMs were dumping hand fuls into our backpack at the end of the night because they had so much left over.

I haven't heard any reports about Madame Carlotta or Rinotta at the Haunted Mansion. Does anyone know if they were there or was it cancelled for rain? If they were there, what times
they both can be seen in this video so they were there but it was still light out, before the rain so I am not sure if they stay in the rain. https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rty-boo-to-you.3580223/page-342#post-58114547

Does anyone know if Goofy had a longer line than previous parties because of his costume change? Had to add him back into the plans now he has a new outfit.

Does anyone know if Goofy had a longer line than previous parties because of his costume change? Had to add him back into the plans now he has a new outfit.

I didn't have him on my list either, but will have to add him in with that cute pirate costume. I'm a little nervous to though because at last year's Christmas party he had some issues and our time in line wasted a lot of our party time.

Going on 10/31 this year does anyone have any suggestions on the best trails for trick or treating. Last year the tiki room was a good trail as well as the side show. Any other trails with multiple stops?

Anyone know if you can pick up the special sorcerers of the magic card at 4:00 or have to wait until after 7:00?

Is there any update on how FP+ are working? I want to make sure I won't have my last day cancelled.

We decided LATE to go to the 9/17 party.
I wanted to wear something to the party, but wanted to keep it very simple.

I found this t-shirt on Etsy really cheap, free delivery.
XqPJqyNb.jpg

Then embellished it a bit with bleach and fabric paint.
ESpG7zMb.jpg

Then made felt ears for him. ;-)
KBUhCWYl.jpg

I think I'm done for about $16.

Looking forward to the party!!!
:mickeyjum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter