"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to hold off on buying my party tickets until about 5-7 days before so I can opt for a different night in the event that the weather forecasted for my preferred night is bad but how reliable are weather forecasts 5-7 days in advance? Would I do better to cross my fingers that it wont sell out and purchase the day of?

I am planning to hold off on buying my party tickets until about 5-7 days before so I can opt for a different night in the event that the weather forecasted for my preferred night is bad but how reliable are weather forecasts 5-7 days in advance? Would I do better to cross my fingers that it wont sell out and purchase the day of?

Not very, if at all.

The 1st parade is about to start so that's cool. It's raining just a little now. Tons of people are leaving and have left already.

I saw a huge line at Guest Relations on our way out, we gave up after the postponed parade and my kid fell asleep waiting. Wanted to stop but it looked hours long :( This party was a bummer

Rides reopened! BUT 70% chance of thunderstorms 8:00-11:00 pm. Wonder if shows and parade will take place!
I know there is no recourse on a regular park day if it rains all day/night but what happens on the party nights when everything closes down because of thunderstorms. Do they offer refunds? an complimentary ticket for another night? Or are you just out of luck - I get that it is the luck of the draw for dealing with rain, but thunderstorms where they shut everything down due to the danger is different in my mind

We went to the Tuesday party and thought I'd let everyone know of a situation we had. Got to the gate at 4:00. I had order the card tickets and also had tickets in MDE (I'm type A and just wanted them in my hands) My friend and her kids just had tickets in MDE. I had no problem entering park using my tickets. My friend did have problems. Our CM had to have a manager come over to help. After some work on the CMs iPad my friend was given card tickets also (not sure why) and we were let in. Our prescheduled FPs worked fine.
Yesterday was our last day in the parks. We went to Animal kingdom early for rope drop. Our group got to the tap style and we were told we had no tickets left by another manager who came over with her iPad. I explained that we went to MNSSHP and she could see that on her iPad. We had to get out of line and go to customer service and have our mickey bands reactivated with "complimentary tickets". We then could enter the park. We luckily had a FP for FoP but had hoped to go at rope drop too. By the time we were done at customer services we were way back in line to enter the park. We decided to just do river ride. Our FP worked fine that day but it was a huge disappointment to have our morning not go as we hoped. This is just an FYI to anyone attending the party. The customer service person said we must have gone into MK for the MNSSHP too early and at park day was used but you could see on the CM iPad the exact time we went in which was exactly 4:00.

We were in line with everyone else dressed up so I assume we were in the correct line.
Many AP holders and folks with park hoppers just use their regular tickets to get in - you may have been in a regular line without realizing it.

Just left the party. Once the rain cleared up everything was delayed but they did show two parades (not full dancing during 1st, didn't watch 2nd), the fireworks, a shortened Hocus Pocus (just the final song) after the fireworks, and a full Hocus Pocus show. Second parade was finishing at the castle around 12:10 and Hocus Pocus started around 12:40. After the show they still had lots of photopass photographers out. Staying out this late might not work if you have young kids but if it does rain on your party night try to stick it out. Disney seemed to really want to have everything go on, they just had to work around the weather.

I know there is no recourse on a regular park day if it rains all day/night but what happens on the party nights when everything closes down because of thunderstorms. Do they offer refunds? an complimentary ticket for another night? Or are you just out of luck - I get that it is the luck of the draw for dealing with rain, but thunderstorms where they shut everything down due to the danger is different in my mind

Disney has in the past offered ^ or non expiring park hoppers, maybe that's why the line at Guest Services was super busy. They are very generous.

In case anyone was looking for more info on Moana, we went to the party today. We lined up around 4.45 and we're about 8 families back. The cast members stated that her appearance time would be 5.45, which is consistent with the meet and greet time at last Tuesday's party. Due to lightening in the area she didn't come out until about 6.15, but still worth the wait.

Read on another site that at the party tonight Guest Services offered a refund or a complimentary ticket for another night (this was before the parades/fireworks went off when there was a chance they might not happen).

We went to the Tuesday party and thought I'd let everyone know of a situation we had. Got to the gate at 4:00. I had order the card tickets and also had tickets in MDE (I'm type A and just wanted them in my hands) My friend and her kids just had tickets in MDE. I had no problem entering park using my tickets. My friend did have problems. Our CM had to have a manager come over to help. After some work on the CMs iPad my friend was given card tickets also (not sure why) and we were let in. Our prescheduled FPs worked fine.
Yesterday was our last day in the parks. We went to Animal kingdom early for rope drop. Our group got to the tap style and we were told we had no tickets left by another manager who came over with her iPad. I explained that we went to MNSSHP and she could see that on her iPad. We had to get out of line and go to customer service and have our mickey bands reactivated with "complimentary tickets". We then could enter the park. We luckily had a FP for FoP but had hoped to go at rope drop too. By the time we were done at customer services we were way back in line to enter the park. We decided to just do river ride. Our FP worked fine that day but it was a huge disappointment to have our morning not go as we hoped. This is just an FYI to anyone attending the party. The customer service person said we must have gone into MK for the MNSSHP too early and at park day was used but you could see on the CM iPad the exact time we went in which was exactly 4:00.

Oh wow. I think I will just use my card for entry into the party. This is the first year in a while I haven't had an AP so this makes me nervous.

Has anyone watched BTY in Frontierland and then viewed the fireworks in front of the castle? There is not much time in between this year! I was thinking it would be best to go back into Adventureland and take that path or take the path from Liberty Square that leads to Crystal Palace/Casey's area to find a spot since it is not on the parade route. Are either of those routes blocked off during MNSSHP?

We haven't done it yet, but this is our plan for this year. I've done it for the Christmas party in the past and essentially just followed the parade out to secure my spot for fireworks.

Without magic bands you need plastic card tickets to access your fast passes. The paper tickets do not scan at the tap styles. I would swap the paper tickets for plastic ones at Disney springs if you have the time or any ticket window. I called and was told that I didn't need to do that, but it was wrong information. They can do it at the gate, but don't want to. You will have to get someone with a tablet to do it. If you go that route, don't give up they can and will take care of you if you are insistent.

Do you know if they can change the tickets at your resort concierge window?

We haven't done it yet, but this is our plan for this year. I've done it for the Christmas party in the past and essentially just followed the parade out to secure my spot for fireworks.[/QUOTE]

When is your party night? We are going 10/26--so if you are there before that and think of it-let me know how it worked out :) We have followed a few parades and it wasn't the best...any other advice on cutting back into Adventureland or at least cutting off on the Liberty Square path? We haven't done the parks in a few years since construction-will the Casey's side of the hub be crowded during the parade since it is not directly on the route?

In case anyone was looking for more info on Moana, we went to the party today. We lined up around 4.45 and we're about 8 families back. The cast members stated that her appearance time would be 5.45, which is consistent with the meet and greet time at last Tuesday's party. Due to lightening in the area she didn't come out until about 6.15, but still worth the wait.
We probably saw you! We were the second group in line, in our Packers jerseys and cheeseheads! We got our wristbands around 4 and then went to try to find the line. CM's refused to even acknowledge where the line would be or that Moana was even coming (each we asked just pulled out their standard party map and tried to point out the many character icons to us). We knew vaguely where she'd be and waited with 2 other families until after 4:30 when they finally started putting some props in and eventually formed the queue line. My advice would be for future parties to take advantage of some rides during the 4-4:45 time and not line up until a bit later. At least DH & I just stood in the line and let my son/friend go use both of our FP's during that time (Space/Pirates). Also, Moana DID sign autographs. I was not expecting that and son was mad at me because he wanted to have a picture frame signed and I'd told him I had read party characters didn't sign. Sigh.

We also suffered out the entire party. Honestly pretty miserable. We did some characters and rides just because they were inside (Jack Sparrow, POTC, Small World) while trying to wait. Candy lines never let up that I saw. We watched the fireworks from an ideal location on Main Street, showing up around 10:20 (they started maybe 15 minutes later). One frustrating thing was that CM's were NOT up to date on what was happening. At 10:10 we had 3 different CM's insist to us the fireworks were starting at 10:15. Same with parades - even when there were no ropes up yet for the second parade, they were still telling everyone it would start at 11:15 (it eventually did about 11:45).

We were also disappointed by the long lines for almost all photopass photographers. We did the best we could but so many were closed due to the weather and others had really long lines. I don't understand why they move so many characters from sheltered areas to outdoor areas (ie Ariel - her grotto area was closed and she was across from there so everyone had to wait outside in the rain). Or why they couldn't use so many sheltered areas (in front of the riverboat which wasn't running; the area they used for Belle's special photopass meet last year). Just seemed like they had a lot of covered/indoor areas totally not used and then shut down characters due to rain. This was our first party and I'm pretty sure will be our last. Only paid $53 for military tickets and still really don't think it was worth it.

That's why my M.O. is to put no effort into it! I show up and have fun; anything else is icing on the cake.

It's mostly just the costumes, not elaborate but still fun to do! But hey, rain or shine we willl still have fun.

Even as ghost/zombie tourist, us in ponchos actually help the costume lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter