• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So fun reading that everyone is having a good time! We will be heading down in two weeks! Can’t wait since this is our first trip as a family!!
Wondering when the Halloween magic shots will be ?open? Is it 4 or 7?
Thanks!

Perhaps this has been asked already....but I was wondering if you could wear costumes that light up to MNSSHP? I'm making a Tinkerbell costume, and I would like to include lights. I have read the costume restrictions set forth by Disney already, and it does not specifically say anything about lights, so I'm wondering anyone else's experiences......

TIA

@samara thanks for the great write up. so glad you had a great experience. we were first timers too. experienced a lot, learned alot. my DH is the one who said we were definitely returning next year.

we were there for Irma, and I thought that there would be more decorations. does anyone know if more were put out later in the month?
Most of the decorations are only down Main Street and in the entry plaza. During the parties they do the projections in some other areas, but not much deco. But I did see pictures of where they took down a bunch of the decoration prior to Irma.

Wife, 10yo son, and I did the 10/5 party. The name of the game was flexibility as I had a plan ready to see the list of characters my son asked for. That plan went out the window quickly! In the park at 4 and picked up the party Sorcerer's card then hit the bypass for pics and our bags. Crowds were light preparty. I had FP just in case the character plan changed. We did Belle and Minetrain on fp, gaston, under the sea, ariel, snacked at Pinnocchio Haus, small world, and haunted mansion all by 7. Then the party was a mix of rides, ToT, pics, parade, and a couple of characters. Lines for rides were short. Weather was nice. The atmosphere festive. It was an all around great time. Only thing we'd change is that we'd fly in the day before. We flew out early in the AM and went straight to the party after landing. It made for a long day.

Only thing we'd change is that we'd fly in the day before. We flew out early in the AM and went straight to the party after landing. It made for a long day.

This was our original plan that got changed because of Irma - we arrived a day earlier. My DH has already said that next year we are going down on saturday, NOT the same day as a party. So glad to hear you had a good time and were able to go with the flow as things changed.

Am now going in for a last minute vacay in 2 weeks. I can attend the party either 10/26 or 10/27. Originally was thinking 10/26 but now I'm rethinking as my flight is not early on Saturday so I could sleep a bit.

Thoughts on crowds? I will be in park 2 1/2 days total with goals being F&W and the MNSSHP.

We're going on 10/24. I am so excited. We'll be monster's inc - with my husband in a Sully onesie costume :rotfl2: My DS (3) is so excited to be Mike. Are the allergy candies with the trick or treating lines? My DD (1) has a peanut allergy, so we want to avoid anything that may get her sick. This will be my 3rd halloween party, and since I do not think we will be waiting in character lines, we should have a good time riding rides, eating, watching fireworks and parade

Just got back from short trip for DD birthday. We did the party on Oct 6th and it was our first time going. We flew in that day so was a very long day leaving home at 5:00am and catching last ride of day on BTMR about 12:05. We got there about 2:30 with our APs. Crowds were very low up until 4:00. Did our FPs for PPF and SM plus Barnstormer and Dumbo before the rain came pouring down. We were stuck under cool ship for almost an hour. 7DMT was still closed about 4:30 when rained stopped so our FP for it was good until 7:00. We did BL and then decided to head for PoC about 5:00. Line for Jack and Sally was pretty long despite rain when we went by. PoC was 45 min wait and when we came out I saw CM carrying palms trees across the street so figured it was for Moana. Rain was just stopping for good and line didn't look too bad so we hopped in. DD was dressed as her for the party!! Despite a 25 min break just before our turn(ugh), it only took about 50 min in total. We finished at 6:55pm and sprinted to 7DMT. My phone said 7:00pm when we got there but FP came up blue. Luckily CM let us still use it.

Next we did some ToT and then ate at CHH. Was strange eating there with so many open tables inside. After we did HM which took about 30 min and then hearse driver magic shot about 8:30. We did quick walk on of BTMR and moved to spot along parade route across from CBJ. We got there about 9:00 and were one row back from rope. We didn't see the horseman which was disappointing. Not sure if he had already been by or didn't ride that night. Parade was amazing!!

After the parade we went straight to Jack Sparrow M&G. Our pictures were at 9:55, so maybe 20 min wait. Couldn't believe it was that short really. Next we went to castle to find spot for fireworks. We easily found a spot on the curb of the hub kind of in front of Crystal Palace. There was nobody on street in front of us so made for a great viewing spot. Was really surprised how much more room there was than a typical park night fireworks. Didn't see any CMs directing people around like normal, but honestly wasn't a need for it. We all thought Hallowishes was much better than Wishes or HEA.

After fireworks we head to SM and it was walk on also. Did the dance party while over there. About 11:00 we headed back to Adventureland to meet Jasmine, but instead it was Alladin and Abu. They were rotating them and Jasmine/Genie all night. Then we rode PoC again walk on and headed for BTMR. We actually had to wait for last half of parade to pass right by Splash, so kind of got to see it twice. Was hardly any crowd at that showing. We did two rides on BTMR with second one being last train of day.

All is all it was great. Crowds didn't seem that bad and short ride times were awesome. Like many have said the time goes by so fast it is hard to get everything you want in. But it was definitely worth it to us and would probably do it again sometime.

Can you tell me where the line for Moana started. I know its in the area around POC but where?

Hi all - I noticed on the Lines app that Jungle Cruise is closed right now during the party. Is it open at all during the party, or should we ride it before 7:00 PM? I'm going Oct. 20th with 2 kids who have never been to WDW, so that's one of my must-ride attractions with them. Thanks!

Hi all - I noticed on the Lines app that Jungle Cruise is closed right now during the party. Is it open at all during the party, or should we ride it before 7:00 PM? I'm going Oct. 20th with 2 kids who have never been to WDW, so that's one of my must-ride attractions with them. Thanks!

See Post #1, MNSSHP open attractions. JC not open during party.

JC is closed during the party. Post #1 lists all open attractions.

Can you tell me where the line for Moana started. I know its in the area around POC but where?

It is right between Swiss Family Treehouse and Jungle Cruise. Or right across from Magic Carpets. There is a little deck there and line snakes back and forth.

Best part is Aloha Isle is right there, so I got one of the new Dole Whips on top of a Pineapple Upside down cake while we were waiting. That might have been the first day they even offered them.

Perhaps this has been asked already....but I was wondering if you could wear costumes that light up to MNSSHP? I'm making a Tinkerbell costume, and I would like to include lights. I have read the costume restrictions set forth by Disney already, and it does not specifically say anything about lights, so I'm wondering anyone else's experiences......

TIA

Yes you can wear lights. Was at last nights party (Oct10th) and saw a few with light up parts. Even saw a couple totally covered in string lights. Also the usual strollers covered all over with string lots too.

We will be staying in Tampa and are considering going to the Halloween party for an evening. Can someone confirm they are letting people in at 4pm that are only holding party tickets? Getting in 3 hours early would make it worth it to take the drive and allow us to leave around 9pm so we don't get back to our hotel too late. We are considering a Thursday night at the end of the month. I assume it won't be as busy on a Thurs.

We will be staying in Tampa and are considering going to the Halloween party for an evening. Can someone confirm they are letting people in at 4pm that are only holding party tickets? Getting in 3 hours early would make it worth it to take the drive and allow us to leave around 9pm so we don't get back to our hotel too late. We are considering a Thursday night at the end of the month. I assume it won't be as busy on a Thurs.
yes

Back from the 10-6 Party.
We've been to 6-7 Parties over the years, this one was the least attended. Maybe the lack of ticket discounts kept it that way, but it was pretty quiet. That was a nice, pleasant surprise.

My wife and I were Ariel and Sebastian. The CM's loved the Sebastian outfit, I was given a most creative costume badge entering the park. Other CM's took photos stating they have a daily contest to see who found the best costume of the night. I didn't tell them that other CM's had already taken the photo for the same thing. The costume was modified last minute as I had long sleeves on under the costume, and it was just too hot. Another partier dressed as a chef loved the costume and lots of photos were taken.

My wife had knee surgery earlier this year and aggravated the injury on the trip, so she went the wheelchair route for the party.

Most, if not all rides were walk on all night.
We walked back to the candy station under the big top, looked over at the 7 Dwarves line, and couldn't believe there were only 4 families in it. It took 10 minutes tops around 10:00 PM. The line for Ariel was also short, but we had to wait out the character break.

Candy was generous, our bags were nearly full from only half of the treat stations. The last parade was delayed a bit, but good areas to view could still be found in Liberty Square at 11:00.

All in all, it was a great time. We'll be booking the same party for 2018. Hopefully next time a bus will actually come to OKW to take folks to the party. Not one bus showed from 6:25-7:00 or after. By then, we had Ubered to the park.

How far back can the Hocus Pocus show be viewed? MY DD wants to try and watch the last show of the night but I know everyone will be tired-is there anywhere elevated further back so we can stop and view a little without walking in front of others trying to find a spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter