"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the best time to ride HM during the party, crowd-wise? Is there any real difference if we ride it just before the party starts (between 6-7) versus after the party starts?

Also, a second question - I've seen lots of suggestions to watch the parade from Frontierland, but I can't figure out how to make this work with also seeing the fireworks in front of the castle. Is it better to watch the 9:15 parade from Frontierland then hustle over to the Hub to watch fireworks, or watch the 10:15 fireworks and then hustle back to catch the 11:15 parade?

Thanks!

We were able to watch the first parade from Liberty Square, then we walked over near Crystal Palace to watch the fireworks. We had plenty of time to get there, and there was plenty of room.

We were able to watch the first parade from Liberty Square, then we walked over near Crystal Palace to watch the fireworks. We had plenty of time to get there, and there was plenty of room.

On 10/6 we were able to watch the first parade in Frontierland by Popcorn Stand, then go meet Jack Sparrow, and still had plenty of time to find a spot in front of castle for fireworks. After the fireworks we rode SM, met Aladdin/Abu, rode PoC, and still had to wait on second parade going to BTMR. Even though I think the second parade was delayed slightly there was plenty of time between each to fit in other things.

Not surprising - based on the surface. probably can only do it on the parade route where there is pavement/tar.

This is a good note....I didn't like watching the parade in town square because of the overlapping music/story.....since we usually watch parades in frontierland, i'd never noticed or had this issue before......may have to thing relocating for next year as the shovels were my favorite part of the parade.....
There was scraping of shovels in frontierland tues night but we were closer to liberty square than the start of the route so maybe that's why. Also Br'er Bear and Br'er Rabbit were there to entertain guests while they waited for the parade and the grave diggers wandered a little dragging/scraping their shovels which was amusing.

Last edited:
Not surprising - based on the surface. probably can only do it on the parade route where there is pavement/tar.

This is a good note....I didn't like watching the parade in town square because of the overlapping music/story.....since we usually watch parades in frontierland, i'd never noticed or had this issue before......may have to thing relocating for next year as the shovels were my favorite part of the parade.....

I was right there at the entrance to the Splash bridge and saw them scrape the shovels? Pretty close to the start. That's strange.

May have just been false info, or a rare occasion, on the shovel scraping. I just saw someone mention it in a fb group.

Any thoughts on catching the cadaver dans before the 1st parade. I know they're in frontierland, but not sure where exactly. Along or close by parade route? We don't need to be first row for parade.

May have just been false info, or a rare occasion, on the shovel scraping. I just saw someone mention it in a fb group.

Any thoughts on catching the cadaver dans before the 1st parade. I know they're in frontierland, but not sure where exactly. Along or close by parade route? We don't need to be first row for parade.
They were entertaining the crowd in frontierland near the countrybears if I recall correctly right before the parade (I went to get popcorn and I saw them). Earlier in the night (and probably between the parades) they've been known to roam that general area.

Just flipped back through the last few days since Friday and didn’t see this mentioned. Did anyone else see the Pirate Ship float break down during the first parade at the 10/6 party?

We were in Town Square and the parade started as it normally would. The sign went by, Mickey/Minnie went by... then nothing.... waiting... waiting.... waiting. The music loop continued to play. Lots of CMs and manager types running around holding their ear pieces, talking in walkie talkies. They kept looking towards the castle.

The parade eventually continued after what seemed like FOREVER with no dancers or characters on foot, only the floats (but no Pirate ship).

When the parade ended, we walked towards the castle only to find the Pirate Ship “parked” on the side of the road near the Plaza Garden/Ice Cream area. It was surrounded by CMs.

Not sure what happened but I guess they deemed they couldn’t even pull it the rest of the way so just parked it and let the rest of the parade go by. I was surprised they didn’t cancel the whole thing at that point.

The Pirate Ship did run in the second parade, which was delayed quite a bit.

Probably one of the more material/visible “malfunctions” I’ve witnessed at Disney in awhile.

They were entertaining the crowd in frontierland near the countrybears if I recall correctly right before the parade (I went to get popcorn and I saw them). Earlier in the night (and probably between the parades) they've been known to roam that general area.

Thanks! Ahhh, if they're roaming, i suppose that explains why i couldn't figure out for sure where they were :) We stood in that area for the christmas party parade, so I'll plan to be in that area and hope we get lucky.

If we watch the first parade from Frontierland near Country Bears-what time will be it be over? I am trying to make a rough plan for the night and need to know how much time to figure between parade and fireworks :)

I posted a weather WARNING on my thread for late October peeps and thought I should do the same here;

Looking at the 10 Day forecast in Orlando it looks pretty chilly at night on October 25 & 26 and could go into the remaining month. I realize the weather can/will change so keep an eye on it and plan and dress accordingly.
64°/63° temps are nothing to scoff at especially for children and the elderly so bring a sweater or get in line to purchase an overpriced sweatshirt at the parks! :flower3:

Link to Orlando Weather: https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0372:1:US

If we watch the first parade from Frontierland near Country Bears-what time will be it be over? I am trying to make a rough plan for the night and need to know how much time to figure between parade and fireworks :)
As you'll be very close to the start of the route, it will be fully past you in less than 30 minutes.

I posted a weather WARNING on my thread for late October peeps and thought I should do the same here;

Looking at the 10 Day forecast in Orlando it looks pretty chilly at night on October 25 & 26 and could go into the remaining month. I realize the weather can/will change so keep an eye on it and plan and dress accordingly.
64°/63° temps are nothing to scoff at especially for children and the elderly so bring a sweater or get in line to purchase an overpriced sweatshirt at the parks! :flower3:

Link to Orlando Weather: https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0372:1:US

accuweather has the lows a little chillier: 58 on 10/24 is the lowest. I'll definitely have to pack pants and jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter