"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what time Mickey's Philharmagic closes on party nights? I saw one poster said they showed up there at 6:00pm but it was closed.

I'm feeling bummed that no one will know who we are Disney bounding as. Micky's shirt is pretty clear cut for fans of Tangled, but mine might be tougher. Is this way too obscure? If so I may just ditch the lantern and just look "normal". :) I do have prominent, natural grey streaks in my very dark hair.

here's what we are doing:

disney-villains-mother-gothel-rapunzel.jpg 20170727_164018.jpg 0df852ce4d5601f81e18e4f4b1e9974e.jpg 2766672.jpg 20374483_2026054650962680_4430033128094961832_n.jpg 20431675_2026054674296011_6925110484308521104_n.jpg

Here now, HM has been down all evening :guilty:. Otherwise having a great time. After being in the park last night tonight doesnt feel busy at all.

Anyone concerned about weather at the 10/24 party? The forecast Disney sent in the resort confirmation e-mail has me a LITTLE apprehensive.

Did Tuesday (10/17) party. Got in party at 350, did the poison apple magic shot, and was in line at jack and sally at 355 (was about 5th or 6th family in line). After meating them got in line for Moana at around 520. Line was back to exit of Swiss family treehouse. She came out about 550. Met her at about 640 (would’ve been 10 mins sooner but she took a break when we were literally next in line). Both DDs were able to do several rides during those waits cause DW and I took turns waiting in those lines. Moana’s line moved very fast btw.

After Moana headed to Cruella, got there about 7. She came out few mins later and took us about 15-20 mins to meet her. After that did the dancing skeleton magic shot, then watched Hocus show from crowded hub. Not overly impressed but didn’t have a great view and was trying hold DD whole time.

After that staked out a spot on main street (right outside ice cream parlor) for parade. While waiting for parade did a few magic shots on main street and DW and I took turns getting seasonal treats at parlor and bakery. The pumpkin ice cream is great but the pumpkin cheesecake is nothing special imo.

After parade and hallowishes show we able to ride pirates of Caribbean(10 min wait). Then did the lantern shot in front of haunted mansion. Then walked right onto barnstormer. After that met pirate goofy with no wait. After goofy waited 15 mins to meet Minnie and less then 5 mins to meet daisy/Donald near end of party. As we were making way to exit Queen of hearts was leaving her set. She hugged DDs but didn’t sign or take pic. Once outside did the headless horseman magic shot then left.

Overall got more done than I thought we would. Didn’t get to try pumpkin waffle sundae thing cause line was insane for it both times I checked. Party seemed decently crowded but it was our first mnsshp so nothing to compare it too.

Last edited:
I'm feeling bummed that no one will know who we are Disney bounding as. Micky's shirt is pretty clear cut for fans of Tangled, but mine might be tougher. Is this way too obscure? If so I may just ditch the lantern and just look "normal". :) I do have prominent, natural grey streaks in my very dark hair.

here's what we are doing:

View attachment 278121 View attachment 278122 View attachment 278127 View attachment 278128 View attachment 278129 View attachment 278130
Yours is amazing. If you have the lamp, dress, hair and makeup, you are definitely recognizable. Seems you have all but photos of you in the makeup :)

Anyone concerned about weather at the 10/24 party? The forecast Disney sent in the resort confirmation e-mail has me a LITTLE apprehensive.

I am. I know that weather can change but right now I'm worried. We have the Africa Wild Trek booked for the morning and MNSSHP that night.

I am. I know that weather can change but right now I'm worried. We have the Africa Wild Trek booked for the morning and MNSSHP that night.

Add me to this list. We are flying in Tuesday at 7a and leaving Wednesday at 4p. We are coming solely for the party. I've packed ponchos and am trying to stay positive. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates.

Does anybody know what time Mickey's Philharmagic closes on party nights? I saw one poster said they showed up there at 6:00pm but it was closed.
It becomes a TOT stop during the party. I don't know when it officially "closes" to day guests on party nights, but would make sense that they need a bit of time to prepare it.

Did Tuesday (10/17) party. Got in party at 350, did the poison apple magic shot, and was in line at jack and sally at 355 (was about 5th or 6th family in line). After meating them got in line for Moana at around 520. Line was back to exit of Swiss family treehouse. She came out about 550. Met her at about 640 (would’ve been 10 mins sooner but she took a break when we were literally next in line). Both DDs were able to do several rides during those waits cause DW and I took turns waiting in those lines. Moana’s line moved very fast btw.

After Moana headed to Cruella, got there about 7. She came out few mins later and took us about 15-20 mins to meet her. After that did the dancing skeleton magic shot, then watched Hocus show from crowded hub. Not overly impressed but didn’t have a great view and was trying hold DD whole time.

After that staked out a spot on main street (right outside ice cream parlor) for parade. While waiting for parade did a few magic shots on main street and DW and I took turns getting seasonal treats at parlor and bakery. The pumpkin ice cream is great but the pumpkin cheesecake is nothing special imo.

After parade and hallowishes show we able to ride pirates of Caribbean(10 min wait). Then did the lantern shot in front of haunted mansion. Then walked right onto barnstormer. After that met pirate goofy with no wait. After goofy waited 15 mins to meet Minnie and less then 5 mins to meet daisy/Donald near end of party. As we were making way to exit Queen of hearts was leaving her set. She hugged DDs but didn’t sign or take pic. Once outside did the headless horseman magic shot then left.

Overall got more done than I thought we would. Didn’t get to try pumpkin waffle sundae thing cause line was insane for it both times I checked. Party seemed decently crowded but it was our first mnsshp so nothing to compare it too.
I was in front of you. I was the fourth family in line, well actually it was just me, it was an excellent interaction with JnS!!

We went on the 19th and I am sad to say I was really disappointed. It was so crowded, HM was down, the parade was really just blah to me, and the lines for most of the characters were over an hour long. I did like the Hocus Pocus Show, What I could see of it. Hallowishes was good.
They were chinchy with the candy too.
I really loved the Christmas party in 2015 so maybe this isn’t my thing. The cost vs value simply was not there.

I am also hopeful the "storm" just blows by or ends up being a quick Florida sprinkle. I am from the northeast and I hear we were also supposed to have rain up here that day.

I have also heard completely different stories about refunds based on waiting to speak with Guest Relations earlier in the night, versus the end, versus when you've left and people receiving a refund, new MNSSHP tickets, MVMCP tickets, or even a one day ticket. The hassle wouldn't even be worth it since this is the only one that fits for my group. Sigh. Lets hope for the best!

Accuweather and Weather.com both show the "possible thunderstorms" have been isolated to the morning now (down from nighttime). MAYBE we will get lucky and it will just happen Monday night into Tuesday before the parks open :-)

Add me to this list. We are flying in Tuesday at 7a and leaving Wednesday at 4p. We are coming solely for the party. I've packed ponchos and am trying to stay positive. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates.

Ugh! I really hope it stays clear at night. As long as the parades run and Hallowishes goes off, I would be very happy! I am in a similar position. Tuesday is the only day my whole travel party will be able to attend since some are leaving Wednesday.

Just wondering if anyone has done the allergy friendly trick or treating? My party has allergies to peanuts treenuts and sesame amongst others I saw that they have skittle and starburst in the regular candy mix which are safe but it would be nice to have other options. Would it be ok to do both the allergy and regular?

We went on the 19th and I am sad to say I was really disappointed. It was so crowded, HM was down, the parade was really just blah to me, and the lines for most of the characters were over an hour long. I did like the Hocus Pocus Show, What I could see of it. Hallowishes was good.
They were chinchy with the candy too.
I really loved the Christmas party in 2015 so maybe this isn’t my thing. The cost vs value simply was not there.
I agree. It was crowded, more than the Tuesday party I went to. I don’t know when HM was up, candy lines were busy and you only got a few pieces. I waited an hour for Queen and tweedles but it was too crowded last night.

Any Oogie boogie popcorn bucket sightings recently? I know they were reported sold out but I’m still holding out hope!

Someone in line in front of me asked and the CM said they were sold out for the season. We had wanted one also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter