Official 2017 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend (Jan 12th - 15th, 2017)

But I asked for two Red Vines and told them thank you and that you don't get those in East Coast races!
Those saints with the red vines were from the Disney fan site MousePlanet. I think they set up their support tent for every Disneyland race and it's staffed by volunteers from their message board community. I lurk some over on their race forums. And yes, it is much appreciated. Serves as a nice pick me up and has a different texture from everything else I've eaten that morning.

Those saints with the red vines were from the Disney fan site MousePlanet. I think they set up their support tent for every Disneyland race and it's staffed by volunteers from their message board community. I lurk some over on their race forums. And yes, it is much appreciated. Serves as a nice pick me up and has a different texture from everything else I've eaten that morning.
Agree'd! I looke forward to those redvines every race!

I just got an email from runDisney thanking me for participating. As a show of appreciation, they are offering early registration 1/24-2/3. They are also offering $10 off the Rebel Challenge and Half Marathon. No discount on the other races.

We are planning on registering for the half next year, but boy, talk about early registration! It would make it much less stressful. I really disliked the registration process.

These early registrations are getting crazy... I can't afford all these registrations just after Christmas, Dopey, and Light Side! Sounds like the new standard though.

I wish I'd gotten one for Wine and Dine! Would have liked to save $10. I think I'll try budgeting that cost in after that race this year though. Which is funny when it's Christmas! LOL!

I seriously might have to put some red vines in as fuel. I love them in general, but they were great!

It was not a tall redhead! It was a younger kid, so probably pretty close to the age limit for the 10K, although I can't remember what it was. He was trying to get back to the adult he was running with. I appreciate you cautioning him with the story. (Although I'm pretty sure it's impossible for one redhead to trip another...we tend to stick together! ;) )

Oh I'm so glad it wasn't him. He wanted to know, too!

Running *back* on a course is dangerous business! This was the first time we let him run a course on his own; he left his dad in the dust for the 5K and finished a full 15 minutes (with no training other than being a dancer and being 12) ahead of me for the 10K. The main thing we told him was that if he wanted to run with us again to stop somewhere out of the way and WAIT for us, not to go back.

Redheads do have a thing, don't they!

I did take a mimosa once from a stranger on a race course. My husband was appalled at that, but it was more in jest than anything else and they were pouring them for all the runners.

I can see both your point and your husband's!

Ah, mouseplanet! Cool. I used to be active over there.

I just got an email from runDisney thanking me for participating. As a show of appreciation, they are offering early registration 1/24-2/3. They are also offering $10 off the Rebel Challenge and Half Marathon. No discount on the other races.

We are planning on registering for the half next year, but boy, talk about early registration! It would make it much less stressful. I really disliked the registration process.

Crazy, eh? I just about did it then reminded myself forcefully that I don't want to do rundisney anymore!!!

These early registrations are getting crazy... I can't afford all these registrations just after Christmas, Dopey, and Light Side! Sounds like the new standard though.

Not to mention it means you're doing a race in mid-January. I was told firmly by my son that he will NOT do this anymore, because he's just gotten back to his dance schedule and he HATES to miss class/rehearsal. And DH wants to do something faboo for xmas.

So I'm holding back LOL.

re: red vines. when i saw the "strangers with candy" sign, i knew what was up! so happy they were red vines and not twizzlers.

boo! i didn't get one of these emails. probably because i declined to receive further emails. bah! not sure i would be able to run it anyways, maybe in 2019!

Overall, this was a great experience. Enjoyed the course but it was a little dark in spots. Loved seeing all the characters even though we didn't stop for any. My sister was also having some intestinal distress in addition to some chafing and a sore ankle. The second half of the race was much slower! Port-o-potty at mile 6 was out of TP and she had to wait until mile 9 to go. Not ideal. Yes, people were walking all over the place. Generally, a lot of people could use some more awareness. I love my medal.

Had a terrible experience at Steakhouse 55 post-race. Waited 45 minutes past our 10:30 reservation time for our table. Then waited 15 minutes for drinks. No apologies or even acknowledgement. It was ridiculous and I asked to speak to a manager for the first time in my life. I could go on and on about what a clustercuss it was. We were really looking forward to it and were so disappointed. At least give the hangry runners some water to drink! :mad:

We have been to Steakhouse 55 twice after 10ks on race weekends and had the same experience both times. The second time we waited 25 minutes for a server to come by with no apologies. That meal stands as my one and only complaint to Disney. So we don't go there anymore. It's a staffing issue they are well aware of and have done nothing over the years to remedy it.

Hey everyone, I am taking part in the Tinker Bell weekend this year, to those that ran during this race weekend, how do you get to the corrals if you are staying off site? We havn't booked yet, but are thinking about the easiest way from Katella, S Harbor and Disneyland Drive.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I am taking part in the Tinker Bell weekend this year, to those that ran during this race weekend, how do you get to the corrals if you are staying off site? We havn't booked yet, but are thinking about the easiest way from Katella, S Harbor and Disneyland Drive.

Thanks!

Depending how far away your hotel is, you can walk. They also have shuttles running pretty regularly and early enough to get to the corrals with plenty of time.

I recommend evaluating what you value the most. The closest off site resorts to the start and finish lines are also a 20+ minute walk to and from the parks. The hotels right on South Harbor are a bit of a walk to the corrals, but a very short walk to the parks.

As someone who does spend time in the parks on race weekend, I opt for close to the parks. The walk before and after the race(s) works as a nice warm up or cool down and it is really nice to have a short path to the parks after cleaning up.

So something on Katella, close to Disneyland Drive would be best?

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter