"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK that was one of the more bizarre experiences of my life - I just rode splash with no music on most of the ride. A lot of the lighting was off too as were some of the effects and movements. The drop was the least scary bit of the ride!
Finally have a chance to sit down, backread and post about our 2/8 experience because THIS! How odd was that? It was my son’s first time and he was so confused. Creepy indeed! So many of the animatronics were off as well. At least there was audio on the backend.

Edit: to clarify it was actually cool to experience it but so random!

Last edited:
Week late on my review but I underestimated how busy I would be leading the way for our group of 6 during our trip! Plus we were there 8 days with very little down time so, whew, finally home and can breathe. Hope everyone has a great time tonight!

Our 2/8 evening didn’t go quite as planned but can’t blame the event itself. I will say it was far more crowded than I envisioned; I was sure it had sold out. Not the case!

Three members of our group had never been to WDW and didn’t understand how staying on a schedule optimizes your time so we were late/behind on everything. DAH was no different. We didn’t even get to the gates until 6:30 pm but got right in and made our way to a FP on Splash. Splash was down. So we ducked into Country Bear Jamboree then started to make our way to our second FP at Haunted Mansion when my sister decided she needed dinner immediately which was frustrating because we had appetizers before we left and I warned everyone that food would be hard to find. And it was. We tried to go into Columbia Harbor House but it was closed at 7:00 pm. WTH! So we rode HM then got snacks from Sleepy Hollow. Ate said snacks while watching a terrible view of the HEA. After fireworks it felt like everyone turned around and headed back into the park - not just ticket holders. Fighting our way to jungle cruise took a while. Little frustrating that from 6:30-8:30 pm we only did two attractions. I feel like those with 9-12 events will fare better. From 8:30 pm on we did:

Jungle Cruise
Magic carpets
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain (audio off)
Buzz Lightyear
Tea Cups
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Seven Dwarves Mine Train (long wait)
Peter Pan

Lines for most carts were long so we only stopped twice. Few waters, couple diet cokes, one popcorn and one ice cream each. Definitely didn’t maximize the snacking. We left a few minutes early to catch a bus to WL and it worked out perfectly. Left feeling like I wanted a re-do but I do have a few great memories from the night and don’t regret it :)

By the way, crowds during our visit were nutty. I read all the warnings but sheesh.

Watched the fireworks from the splash bridge - didn’t go on big thunder to watch as it said 60mins wait but lesson learnt... as soon as the fireworks were over we walked right on!

No luck using lanyard for fastpass there either.
So do you think you actually could’ve ridden btmr during the fireworks?

Hate to be the mean moderator here, but friendly request to keep posts on the topic of DAH. It helps folks who don’t read these threads that often to be able to skim and quickly find info/experiences related to the event. There are also a few other threads going on right now discussing these larger-than-expected Jan/Feb park crowds, if so inclined.

To that extent, I did do some clean-up of a few posts above. I appreciate your understanding.

Thank you to everyone for the live reports from tonight, hope folks are having a great time! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter