"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the shortcut you are referring to on Space Mountain? I know when they send you to the right, which is usually the FP line, you don't have to wrap behind the glassed in area.
If you are riding from the regular line (left) when you get off instead of turning right and going up the moving walkway turn left and go up a long hallway to a door. Go through the door and you will be at the loading area for the ride. If you are riding the fastpass line (right) when you get off you would turn right. We started the night on the fastpass side and they told us we had to go all the way out and around. But later when riding the regular line the CM's told us about the cut through. Even though I already knew about the shortcut from a previous post on this thread I didn't feel comfortable doing it without permission. But I'll leave that up to you ;)

Cool. Never knew about that. Would make it quicker for special events where the lines are pretty short.

I would think that on a regular day you would get some glares from CMs if you did this to bypass the lines. I'm guessing this is the route used to get visitors off the ride if they choose to exit before riding?

For everyone who did DAH and has also done MNSSHP before, can you tell me how these events compare? Mostly in terms of crowds, but any other comparisons would be helpful also. I've never considered doing one of the parties before, but since my husband and I had such an amazing experience at DAH on 3/1, and happen to be going back in October with my parents and our little girl who will be 2, I'm now wondering if we would have a similar experience at MNSSHP. I know they sell more tickets to it than they do for DAH (I think) so can you still accomplish a lot in a short amount of time like you can at DAH? If we do it, I'm not sure if it would be in lieu of a full MK day, or in addition to, but if we could knock out as much as we did at DAH while also getting to experience all of the extra festivities MNSSHP has to offer, then I think it would be well worth it! I'd love to hear how others on this thread think it compares and/or if they would recommend it- especially doing it with a 2 year old since she was not with us at DAH. :)

For everyone who did DAH and has also done MNSSHP before, can you tell me how these events compare? Mostly in terms of crowds, but any other comparisons would be helpful also. I've never considered doing one of the parties before, but since my husband and I had such an amazing experience at DAH on 3/1, and happen to be going back in October with my parents and our little girl who will be 2, I'm now wondering if we would have a similar experience at MNSSHP. I know they sell more tickets to it than they do for DAH (I think) so can you still accomplish a lot in a short amount of time like you can at DAH? If we do it, I'm not sure if it would be in lieu of a full MK day, or in addition to, but if we could knock out as much as we did at DAH while also getting to experience all of the extra festivities MNSSHP has to offer, then I think it would be well worth it! I'd love to hear how others on this thread think it compares and/or if they would recommend it- especially doing it with a 2 year old since she was not with us at DAH. :)
I’ve never done a party either but the Halloween party looks really fun to me! I don’t think I would go into it with the same mind set, though. For us, we would rather meet the unique characters, watch fireworks, parades, and anything else that is unique to Halloween time. I wouldn’t go into it expecting to ride tons of rides but it still looks awesome! I’m trying to convince dh to go this year because my birthday is nov 1 and I want to do the half marathon.

Last edited:

Cool. Never knew about that. Would make it quicker for special events where the lines are pretty short.

I would think that on a regular day you would get some glares from CMs if you did this to bypass the lines. I'm guessing this is the route used to get visitors off the ride if they choose to exit before riding?
I definetely think that using the short cut without permission would be considered line cutting. That's why we waited until we got the okay from the CM's.

I definetely think that using the short cut without permission would be considered line cutting. That's why we waited until we got the okay from the CM's.
We didn’t really see it that way because there was no line for us to cut. If people were coming I would’ve happily let them walk by first, but we never had that issue. Once we got back up to the ride the cm there said “reriding?” and smiled. If it was normal hours I would never even consider it.

Last edited:
LAST but not LEAST.... 3/8 folks.... your day is here! party:

Thursday, March 8 (9PM-12AM)
@Tinkerbell58
@Pdollar88
@bbangel
@MermaidMommy
@jenushkask8s
@indyannamom
@csmom
@rosysubmarine
@DisDreaming4116
@Mopedmom1
@Elsaspiritanimal
@Minniemoo15
@kristenabelle
@lata
@TexasKiwiPrincess
@The_Big_Goof
@ConnecticutNonna
@Disney.Denise
@EeyoreME
@pitpat

As a reminder:

- Park closes at 9PM
- HEA is at 7:55PM
- OUAT is at 8:45PM

It's looking to be a bit chilly, but I'm sure everyone will make the most of it. Hope everyone has a great night!

We have done the Halloween party twice. It was a lot of fun but very different from DAH. DAH is really about riding a ton of rides. The Halloween party has special characters out and Halloween fireworks. There aren't as many rides open and the waits are shorter but not walk on.

I hoping trams are still out too! Those of us only doing DAH will probably be way back in the lots .... good question. Im just so excited for tonight. It's my 60th birthday today and I'm going to Disney World. Look for the lady with the huge smile and this shirt

Attachments

• 13125.jpeg
    13125.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3
We have done the Halloween party twice. It was a lot of fun but very different from DAH. DAH is really about riding a ton of rides. The Halloween party has special characters out and Halloween fireworks. There aren't as many rides open and the waits are shorter but not walk on.

I echo what To Be Tink said. DAH is really just so you can walk around MK with very little crowds and experience rides that usually have 45+ waits, which during DAH can be as short as 10min or less. There's also a sense of "quiet" I guess you could say in the sense that the regular hustle & bustle of the crowd is gone. It makes for an interesting experience because you'll constantly be expecting to hear it when you turn the corner in each area of the park.

The Halloween or Christmas parties are much more elaborate and include activities beyond the chance at slightly lower wait times on rides. You'll have many unique meet and greets, food options, and decorations to see. The ride times will be longer during the parties compared to DAH, but will be lower than a regular day or EMH for that matter. You'll also have large crowds for the specific parades and shows during the parties, which are non-existent during DAH.

In short, MNSCHP & MVMCP will have higher crowds compared to DAH, but also offer more activities/food/shows outside of the rides.

I hoping trams are still out too! Those of us only doing DAH will probably be way back in the lots .... good question. Im just so excited for tonight. It's my 60th birthday today and I'm going to Disney World. Look for the lady with the huge smile and this shirt
Happy Birthday!, we are here this week celebrating our oldest son's 13th birthday, can't wait for tonight!

51 degrees and a 10 MPH wind right now. That’s the second coldest DAH date this year, and coldest factoring in wind chill. Who would have thought the LAST date in early March would be among the coldest?!?! Great example of how you need to plan for everything this time of year. :-)

Have fun all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter