"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does that mean we will be able to immediately get 3 FP upon entering the party with the DAH tickets? (After we have been using and getting more FP during that day at multiple parks with our regular tickets)
Nope
no, you will be able to get a 4th, then use it and get a 5th, etc....or whatever number FP you are up to when you arrive.
Yep, 1 type of ticket a day, or 20, doesn't matter, each person in a MDE account gets 3 FP, then 1 at a time. That's it.

Comment on transportation - there on 7/28 we left MK just past 1am got to buses 1:10. Bus for Coronado came at 1:30ish. Back in room around 2am. Just to not have that downer of watching buses pass by our stop one after another while standing there on tired legs should have done Uber.

We are silver pass holders being blocked out I was looking for a birthday present for my wife and since her b-day on 29th thought this would be good present. As it worked out two of us out sitting on wall in Fantasyland eating a Mickey bar at midnight great way to start a birthday. Most fun part of night was being only two people on boat Jungle Cruise and skipper giving us a personalized behind the scenes tour.

Another comment from 8/4

Around midnight I went into the ladies room by Auntie Gravities in Tomorrowland and it was absolutely revolting. I’m talking 2am at a hole in the wall club bad.

Thanks for the responses about transportation.

If we decide to drive our own car- the monorail will be closed, it seems. But the ferry will be running, unless it is storming, in which case busses will be running to the TTC, right?

How much of a hassle is it to take the ferry to the TTC after DAH? Does it come fairly frequently? I know the ferries hold a lot of people. Then at the TTC do we take a tram out to our car? Like I said, we always take the bus To MK so we’ve never parked at the TTC.

Just bought tickets for this Saturday! Quick question, during DAH do they combine single riders on Mine Train? Or would a single rider be allowed a car to themselves?

Thanks for the responses about transportation.

If we decide to drive our own car- the monorail will be closed, it seems. But the ferry will be running, unless it is storming, in which case busses will be running to the TTC, right?

How much of a hassle is it to take the ferry to the TTC after DAH? Does it come fairly frequently? I know the ferries hold a lot of people. Then at the TTC do we take a tram out to our car? Like I said, we always take the bus To MK so we’ve never parked at the TTC.

The only problem with the ferry is it takes a long time to load, so at a time you're tired and ready to leave, you're still waiting to depart. But it was better than having to climb up for the monorail, or dealing with a bus line.

And it was a nice little voyage, though. The captains and stewards all said "Good morning!" to us as we boarded and left. That was cute.

Another comment from 8/4

Around midnight I went into the ladies room by Auntie Gravities in Tomorrowland and it was absolutely revolting. I’m talking 2am at a hole in the wall club bad.

Funny you mention that because I was sitting in tommorrowland late in the event and thought to myself how gross the area was. Trash on the ground etc. Once upon a Time there was staff sweeping up kernels of popcorn as quickly as hey were dropped.....no longer.

I find it interesting/confusing why DAH is the only event they are using lanyards for. The AP events they just started are wristbands.

It is strange. The Tim Tracker youtube channel showed video from the VIPassholder Event at magic kingdom, and even for that event (which is similar to DAH), they had wristbands.

I find it interesting/confusing why DAH is the only event they are using lanyards for. The AP events they just started are wristbands.

My guess is it was originally meant to be something different / something “special” (VIP-ish) for the much smaller DAH crowd. We did a special MNSSHP event several years ago where we had a similar lanyard.

That AP event looked like it had really high numbers, as do MNSSHP and MVMCP - so wristbands vs lanyards are probably much more economical for those sized crowds.

But who knows why Disney does some things the way they do. We do like the lanyard though - I like the keepsake. :-)

My guess is it was originally meant to be something different / something “special” (VIP-ish) for the much smaller DAH crowd. We did a special MNSSHP event several years ago where we had a similar lanyard.

That AP event looked like it had really high numbers, as do MNSSHP and MVMCP - so wristbands vs lanyards are probably much more economical for those sized crowds.

But who knows why Disney does some things the way they do. We do like the lanyard though - I like the keepsake. :-)
Ah that makes sense. I love having them as keepsakes too! We have a “Disney shelf” in our kitchen and have the lanyards from both on it.

It's not the ONLY event with lanyards. We have several others in our collection of event items that were done with lanyards too. Most recent was Galactic Nights at HS this past May.
How Disney decides on lanyards over wristbands, I have no idea. Maybe it is all about how many are at a given event

We attended 8/4, it did end up selling out. Still little to no wait for everything but Mine Train. Low crowds, not the empty park feel but stil enjoyable and worth the cost. The bus service on the other hand....We are at BWV, they lumped BWV, Yacht, Beach Club & Swan and Dolphin. The line was jammed. We had to wait for the 3rd bus to come thru and the line behind us was equally long. No other stop had lines like this, so IDK what was going on there. We didnt have a problem getting snacks and riding things over and over!

For reference we also did the Annual Pass even on 8/5 and lef that early. It was no different Thant EMH, lines were pretty long and it felt crowded...on the other hand no wait for bus, go figure!

We attended 8/4, it did end up selling out. Still little to no wait for everything but Mine Train. Low crowds, not the empty park feel but stil enjoyable and worth the cost. The bus service on the other hand....We are at BWV, they lumped BWV, Yacht, Beach Club & Swan and Dolphin. The line was jammed. We had to wait for the 3rd bus to come thru and the line behind us was equally long. No other stop had lines like this, so IDK what was going on there. We didnt have a problem getting snacks and riding things over and over!

For reference we also did the Annual Pass even on 8/5 and lef that early. It was no different Thant EMH, lines were pretty long and it felt crowded...on the other hand no wait for bus, go figure!

If it makes you feel better I was in the bus line next to you (csr) and our bus didn’t come til 2:00. So even with your long line you were gone before me. We were the only ones at any bus station by the time we left. Lol. Wasn’t laughing about it at the time.

I think we will Uber from CR after DAH this Saturday, bus situation sounds yuck.

We will be staying at Pop during this event, when we did this in 2017 a bus was waiting for us as we left so it was great!

It's weird - buses were hardly mentioned at all during the first half of the summer date reviews (it was a breeze on my night, 6/30). I saw more bus mentions this past week than other weeks combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter