"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Disney implemented the new wrist bands there was probably enough people taking advantage/ and or people complaining about it. I think it’s a great idea :)
Sure was never a major problem on any of the ones we've attended before. Wonder what changed?

Sure was never a major problem on any of the ones we've attended before. Wonder what changed?
Very true...never an issue before and originally I thought certainly there weren't enough people trying to do it (it has to be people already in the park) but as more people hear about this awesome event, it's likely that more people will try to take advantage. I just don't see Disney implementing this if they didn't feel they were losing money or enough CM's agreed with attendees' complaints :( Still I think it's a win win for Disney and paying customers :)

I read about switching tags first here on the DIS. Would never have occurred to me. But I think once the word is out there are certainly people who feel that taking advantage of a large corporation like Disney is no big deal and it’s a way to save money

As someone who follows the rules and paid for the event I was glad to see the wrist bands

[/GALLERY]70C3FD8D-C7C5-4F0F-9B4D-6B1BA7D7E63E.jpeg
We attended the event last night- was fabulous! Glad to see wrist bands & lanyards to keep people from sharing. We rode 12 rides, ate 3-4 ice creams, popcorn & sodas each. Also great photo ops & character greets.
Space Mountain was down so we went to adventure land and did circle around park to end up there at end. Rode all our favorites. Slept until noon then came to park around 4pm so we could last the entire event. (Annual pass holders)

Last edited:
More photos
I read about switching tags first here on the DIS. Would never have occurred to me. But I think once the word is out there are certainly people who feel that taking advantage of a large corporation like Disney is no big deal and it’s a way to save money

As someone who follows the rules and paid for the event I was glad to see the wrist bands

Me too! I was excited to get a wrist band & thank you to the people who took time to report the sharing issues from prior dates

Post #3 has been updated with review post links for 8/4 & 8/11. Thank you to everyone for stopping by to share your experiences!

:thanks:

We now have a two week pause before the final two DAH dates in this summer series (8/30 & 9/20).

A reminder - the 8/30 & 9/20 dates are 9pm - 12am, not 10pm-1am like the DAH nights so far this summer.

Also for 9/20 - OUAT was recently added to the calendar for 8:45pm that night (it was previously TBD).

Disney is effected, but also the people that paid for the event to have longer than expected rides and outages of drinks/snacks. I remember allot of people were complaining about no water bottles at the cart in the summer heat.

Whatever the main issues are, I'm glad to read Disney is trying to rectify them by restocking the carts and using wristbands along with lanyards.

Last edited:
Did I see reports that the little resort boats (launches) are not running after DAH? Just Ferry, monorail and buses?
No. The launches do not run after DAH. We did 9 and 14 July and had specifically asked when we disembarked from WL. The launches stopped at 11:00. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to even show up for WL, Cont. and Ft. Wilderness (sharing) on the 9th and we wound up on the 2nd one that came about 10 minutes later. We got to WL at 2:15am after our first event. The 14th wasn't as bad, but we still waited about 30 mins in an incredibly looooong line, more behind us than in front, thankfully.

ETA - the monorail does not run either. Just ferry and busses, thus our sharing a bus with contemporary.

No. The launches do not run after DAH. We did 9 and 14 July and had specifically asked when we disembarked from WL. The launches stopped at 11:00. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to even show up for WL, Cont. and Ft. Wilderness (sharing) on the 9th and we wound up on the 2nd one that came about 10 minutes later. We got to WL at 2:15am after our first event. The 14th wasn't as bad, but we still waited about 30 mins in an incredibly looooong line, more behind us than in front, thankfully.

ETA - the monorail does not run either. Just ferry and busses, thus our sharing a bus with contemporary.
Bizzare. Who on earth would bus to CR? Vs. walking that is.
Speaking of which, I think DH and I are going to switch our resort reservation from WL to CR for this reason. We are only there for 1 night. I thought it would be fun to try WL again but I really don't want to deal with the hassles related to getting back after DAH. We'll just go with somewhere where we can rely on our feet.
I don't think we can even rely on trying to Uber back to WL from CR. I foresee it may just be difficult to even find a driver that would want to take such a short ride when there will be so many others with much longer rides to accept.

Yeah, our Poly bus Feb 2017 shared with CR, WL, FW, Poly, GF. It took a loooong time to get to Poly. :-)

This year reports have at least indicated they’ve split CR/WL/FW and Poly/GF.

Yeah, our Poly bus Feb 2017 shared with CR, WL, FW, Poly, GF. It took a loooong time to get to Poly. :-)

Ouch! After a long night that’s definitely the long way around!

I’m going to the DVC event at Epcot on Wednesday, staying at the Poly and already got a notice there would be no monorail when it ended at midnight... only buses. Didn’t occur to me they’d combine more than GF/Poly!

Thanks for the heads up on your experience since it gives me a comparison to manage expectations lol

Last edited:
Ouch! After a long night that’s definitely the long at around!

I’m going to the DVC event at Epcot on Wednesday, staying at the Poly and already got a notice there would be no monorail when it ended at midnight... only buses. Didn’t occur to me they’d combine more than GF/Poly!

Thanks for the heads up on your experience since it gives me a comparison to manage expectations lol

Yeah, who the heck knows they they do with that Epcot deal - but for any special event like DAH, AP night, etc, I’d be prepared for non-traditional bus routes. It may turn out to just be Poly/GF like ‘normal’, but it might not! :-)

Speaking of which, I think DH and I are going to switch our resort reservation from WL to CR for this reason. We are only there for 1 night. I thought it would be fun to try WL again but I really don't want to deal with the hassles related to getting back after DAH. We'll just go with somewhere where we can rely on our feet.
I don't think we can even rely on trying to Uber back to WL from CR. I foresee it may just be difficult to even find a driver that would want to take such a short ride when there will be so many others with much longer rides to accept.
On our bus was a older man with his grandson who was in a wheelchair. They were the only ones who got off there.

Sorry for the late report...but we attended the sold out 8/4 event. It really did not feel busy at all. Everything was walk on for us except 7DMT. The most we waited for it was 20 mins if that. We did twice at separate times during the event. We rode all of our favorite rides twice and some rides we rode 3 times. Some rides that we don't enjoy we skipped though like Pooh. We met the princesses at Princess Hall. Every cart we visited was fully stocked of beverages and snacks. All in all I really enjoyed the event. I think it was well worth the $89 we paid for tickets as AP holders. Not sure how I would feel about the event had we paid the full $120 for the event. At $89 I think 3 hours was enough. It is something we would like to do again, but only at the discounted AP price. It also made me realize how much the Fast Pass system has screwed up the wait times for rides. As mentioned earlier the only ride we actually had to wait for was 7DMT, but the line was continuously moving due there being no FP. Reminded me of the days before FP. I now sincerely believe that if Disney did away with the FP system the wait times for rides would go down. The day before our After Hours event we went to Epcot and had to do the standby line for Fast Track. I was shocked at how few standby people they let into the holding area where you wait to enter the room to build your car. Only handful at a time. Everyone else was FP. I was disgusted. Disney really needs to come up with a better system than this.

How long would you estimate meeting the princesses took? Just for a quick picture....

How long would you estimate meeting the princesses took? Just for a quick picture....

I can tell you our DD wanted to meet Tiana and Rapunzel. It took barely any time. There was no one in front of us and only 1 person behind us. We went around 11:45pm. The longest part was walking through the line.

We're staying at PORFQ for the 8/30 event. Any idea what other resorts we will share the bus with (other than Riverside)?

Plus, this event is at the start of the Labor Day weekend, so I'm thinking it will sell out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter