"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can believe the app (which can sometimes be off on events like this), 10 min wait for 7DMT 1 hour into the event doesn't seem all that bad from what I have observed over the summer.

Times have been very low :) Brayden from Mickey Views is live streaming it and he mentioned something about the lanyards not being ready for tonight's event?

Interesting about the lanyard situation but I’m really glad Disney was able to go to wristbands. Also great to see 10 minute waits for 7dmt! That’s what dah should be about.

Not a fan of Tomorrowland Speedway and Space mnt only running one side.
What could be 5-7 min waits ended up being 17 min and 18 min each

We had a great time! Entered the park around 7 (they had been letting people in for a while though; we just had other plans) and had time for Barnstormer, Dumbo, small world and trying the candy corn milkshake before the fireworks. Rode BTMRR twice during the fireworks! Tried for Splash but it went down just as we were boarding. Smoke from the fireworks, they said.

Time for Peter Pan (10 min wait), carousel, haunted Mansion, tangled lantern photo, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and 3x in a row on 7DMT. Done by 11:20 (we’re near the end of an action-packed trip).

Crowds were super low - excellent. After 9:30, everything was practically a walk-on. The app said 15m for some character meets and 5-10 for everything else.

Totally worth it; I hope they keep having this event and don’t oversell it!!

Had a Good night.

730-9
Carousel of Progress
People mover 2x
Waffle Nutella sandwich + fireworks from Adventureland

9-10
POC 2x
BTMR 2x
Haunted Mansion 2x
Mickey bar and frozen banana

10-11
Peter Pan
Prince Charming Carousel
SDMT 2x
Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland speedway

11-12
Space mnt 2x
Buzz light year
People mover at midnight last car

Splash mnt was closed at 905 when we were on that side and we never made it back :(

Space mnt was only running 1 side and Tomorrowland was only running 4 car load stations so both those waits said 10 min at 1030 but were 17-18 min each.

We had a great time! Entered the park around 7 (they had been letting people in for a while though; we just had other plans) and had time for Barnstormer, Dumbo, small world and trying the candy corn milkshake before the fireworks. Rode BTMRR twice during the fireworks! Tried for Splash but it went down just as we were boarding. Smoke from the fireworks, they said.

Time for Peter Pan (10 min wait), carousel, haunted Mansion, tangled lantern photo, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and 3x in a row on 7DMT. Done by 11:20 (we’re near the end of an action-packed trip).

Crowds were super low - excellent. After 9:30, everything was practically a walk-on. The app said 15m for some character meets and 5-10 for everything else.

Totally worth it; I hope they keep having this event and don’t oversell it!!
Did you get to stay on 7dmt or have to get off each time?

I had the same thought but I guess they already had them made before they had to change the policy and some people keep them at souvenirs. Maybe? :confused3

I went tonite and asked and I was told exactly what you said...lanyards were already made but due to issues w/people sharing the lanyards as has been reported on these boards they made the change to wristbands. They decided to just give out the lanyards out as souvenirs.

Maybe WDW wanted to make sure cast members where checking for wristbands and not just looking for lanyards? Might be someone made a scene at the last DAH event when they only had a lanyard and not a wristband?

I much prefer a wristband that can't be shared. :)

Not a single person asked to see our wristband tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter