"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep -- we plan to be at the DVC event 1/28 and DAH 1/30. We did the same thing last March -- both events in one trip. It's a blast!

Thats great to hear it was a blast! This will be our first time doing either of the events (we really lucked out with our Winter weekend getaway dates this year) and are stoked.

I don't mean to be a downer but I need to vent about this...Why would someone pay $100 give or take per person to take advantage of EMH? Wouldn't it be easier just to book a value room and get the EMH for the entire family? Even if you didn't stay in the room it just seems like a silly thing to do. Again I am not normally a downer but this just seems like a crazy price for EMH...

It's not EMH -- not anywhere close. You're paying for the privilege of three hours in a literally deserted park. The attendance is capped at a VERY low number -- speculation is around 3,000. We went last year, and it's like having the park to yourself. We rode things over and over and over without even getting off rides. We took about a million pics in front of the castle with not another person in sight. It's a completely different experience that EMH.

Thats great to hear it was a blast! This will be our first time doing either of the events (we really lucked out with our Winter weekend getaway dates this year) and are stoked.

You're going to love it. Moonlight Magic is definitely more crowded -- I'd say it's on par with a light attendance MNSSHP or MVMCP. But the free food and special fireworks are a great touch. DAH is pretty much a deserted park. We focused more on the special events at Moonlight Magic and then went nuts riding stuff over and over during DAH.

You're going to love it. Moonlight Magic is definitely more crowded -- I'd say it's on par with a light attendance MNSSHP or MVMCP. But the free food and special fireworks are a great touch. DAH is pretty much a deserted park. We focused more on the special events at Moonlight Magic and then went nuts riding stuff over and over during DAH.

DH is a bit of a fireworks fanatic- we will be seeing HEA for the first time AND now special fireworks at Moonlight Magic... he's going to flip. The countdown is on!

DH is a bit of a fireworks fanatic- we will be seeing HEA for the first time AND now special fireworks at Moonlight Magic... he's going to flip. The countdown is on!
I wish I could go, but we aren't DVC members.

Okay cool. I think we are gonna eat in the park if we really are able to get in at 4. I’m not sure if that will waste our time if we do a ts meal. Do you have any thoughts?
We are having brunch at Boma. Then grabbing a heavy snack before 8pm, which is when ours starts. Then we figure soda, popcorn and ice cream.

We are having brunch at Boma. Then grabbing a heavy snack before 8pm, which is when ours starts. Then we figure soda, popcorn and ice cream.
I have a breakfast scheduled at 1900 pf but then we would have to go back to pop only to go back to mk for DAH. Im thinking we will do the breakfast the day before instead.

I have a breakfast scheduled at 1900 pf but then we would have to go back to pop only to go back to mk for DAH. Im thinking we will do the breakfast the day before instead.
We have annual passes, so we are going to Boma, then back to the resort to hang out.

We plan on getting to MK around 3. That way we should beat any crowd going in.

Was able to get fastpasses this morning for 1/30 on DAH tix only. Hope they stick! I guess what we have to do is watch for an email saying we're about to lose our last day's fastpasses if we don't cancel them? And if no email comes we're good to go? That's based on my interpretation of the Christmas party fp thread. Hopefully there won't be problems!

Was able to get fastpasses this morning for 1/30 on DAH tix only. Hope they stick! I guess what we have to do is watch for an email saying we're about to lose our last day's fastpasses if we don't cancel them? And if no email comes we're good to go? That's based on my interpretation of the Christmas party fp thread. Hopefully there won't be problems!
Thanks for the update! Right now when I go to my MDE I see the tickets ...will they just pop up when you go to choose fast passes on the 60 day mark? That's what I'm hoping for. We also have a one day ticket for Epcot and our window is tomorrow..fingers crossed!

We have annual passes, so we are going to Boma, then back to the resort to hang out.

We plan on getting to MK around 3. That way we should beat any crowd going in.
Do you think it's too much to go to the GF for breakfast, go back to POP, and then go all the way back to MK?

Yes, I saved making the DAH fp for last just in case, and they popped up and went through ok. I started out on the desktop and my iPad and wasn't able to make any fp there at all, which was frustrating. But it worked on my phone. I'm wondering if it's because I'm behind on keeping things updated. My phone updates automatically, so I'm guessing that's why it worked there.

Yes, I saved making the DAH fp for last just in case, and they popped up and went through ok. I started out on the desktop and my iPad and wasn't able to make any fp there at all, which was frustrating. But it worked on my phone. I'm wondering if it's because I'm behind on keeping things updated. My phone updates automatically, so I'm guessing that's why it worked there.
That's weird about it not working on your desktop or iPad, but good to know you were able to make FPs for DAH. Our FP day isn't until December 29 :(

Do you think it's too much to go to the GF for breakfast, go back to POP, and then go all the way back to MK?
It wouldn't be for us.

We are starting at Saratoga, walking to Disney Springs, traveling to AK/Boma. Going back to the room, then later heading out to MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter