"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I followed everything correctly but...since it is a phantom MDE it wouldn't be connected to a resort reservation so you wouldn't be able to book any fastpasses at 60 days out. Not sure if I'm right, just a thought.

You can umbrella the phantom in.

Yeah, so you first book the 3 FPs you want on the primary account. Then go back in and select the primary account, plus phantom account. It will prompt you to remove the primary person from the FP party since they already have their FPs for the day. Go ahead and remove them, and then you can continue on to book FPs for the phantom as long as they have valid tickets. I may have a friend coming to join me for a couple of days of the trip, so am not 100% certain what my schedule will be that day. So I booked AK FPs for the morning and MK FPs for the evening under a phantom. If she is coming then I will keep the AK FPs and do that in the morning. If she doesn't end up finding a cheap enough flight then I will have a rest morning/DS and cancel the AK FPs.

I'm so excited to be attending the 1/19 DAH event this year! I was lucky enough to be in the middle of my College Program when they first started having the event, and through my work location I was able to get a ticket to attend the first night back in 2016. It was one of, if not the highlight of my entire program, so naturally my family wanted to experience it as well. We were able to book a last minute trip as a surprise for my little sister and a Christmas gift for all 3 family members going. I just can't wait to do it again next month!

I'm so excited to be attending the 1/19 DAH event this year! I was lucky enough to be in the middle of my College Program when they first started having the event, and through my work location I was able to get a ticket to attend the first night back in 2016. It was one of, if not the highlight of my entire program, so naturally my family wanted to experience it as well. We were able to book a last minute trip as a surprise for my little sister and a Christmas gift for all 3 family members going. I just can't wait to do it again next month!
See you there.

My husband and I will be there. I'll be in what cast members have termed, "The party scooter." There are flashing colored lights under it. Say "Hi" if you see us.

FYI
Just heard that AP holders will get a 10% discount at all Disney owned table service restaurants except for Victoria and Alberts. no word on if discounts will be given for any counter service locations

I am a little confused by this post. I have only been an AP holder since August, but this does not seem to be anything new or a change to the current policy.

I am a little confused by this post. I have only been an AP holder since August, but this does not seem to be anything new or a change to the current policy.
The AP Dining discount had been bumped up to 20% for awhile and has now returned to the regular rate.

Ok. We were already planning on going to MK on Friday (the day of the DAH). It's our last park day. My kids love MK (I mean LOVE it) and want to have MK be their last day.

Would it be too much to spend the day there and then the after hours too? I don't really want to start swapping planned park days (ADRs....), but I know my kids would love this if I decide to do it.

Kids will be 14 and 15.
If it is your last park day, I think you should definitely do it. I've never done the Disney After Hours but I did do MK 8 AM-2 AM one time when we went (Regular park hours and Evening EMH) and I didn't get tired of it! That was only the 2nd day though- but I'm sure it would still be great the last day!

Making FP+s this Saturday, I'll be sure to let you all know if I'm able to make them for DAH (when I don't have a park ticket).

We're staying for 7 days and have park tickets for 5 days. I'm guessing I should do the days I'll be in the park first, so I don't get locked out or anything? Sorry, it's been awhile. :faint: Kind of nervous.

Making FP+s this Saturday, I'll be sure to let you all know if I'm able to make them for DAH (when I don't have a park ticket). I don't have any phantom accounts or anything fancy like that.
We're staying for 7 days and have park tickets for 5 days. I'm guessing I should do the days I'll be in the park first, so I don't get locked out or anything? Sorry, it's been awhile.
Yes. Book your 5 park days first and then see if the FP system allows FP for the specific DAH day.

On the recent hard ticket Party threads, posters noted they could only book for a party-only day after they booked using their regular entitlements for park days. :)

Making FP+s this Saturday, I'll be sure to let you all know if I'm able to make them for DAH (when I don't have a park ticket).

We're staying for 7 days and have park tickets for 5 days. I'm guessing I should do the days I'll be in the park first, so I don't get locked out or anything? Sorry, it's been awhile. :faint: Kind of nervous.
I did our park days first and we were still able to book some for our dah day after. It let us pick any time of day but we obviously picked times after 4 pm.

I have 4 day ticket/hopper and an DAH ticket and I was able to book 4 days worth of fast passes and fast passes for the DAH day which we don't have have a regular ticket for...but I made them all after 4:00pm so hopefully we can get in early.

Just back from a few days at WDW. Somewhat off topic, but I feel I had my own personal DAH event last night (1/1/18).

It was a very, very cold day in Orlando and extremely windy. It was our last night and we didn't really have any plans. I had been watching the lowish wait times all day and by around 7pm I decided it was too tempting to pass up, so we bundled up and headed to MK.

Temps were in the 40s with a brutal whipping wind. The park was VERY DAH like... most rides were walk ons, walked into the hub 4 minutes before HEA and could have done flips. It was an amazing contrast to the prior two days!

Moral of the story - if you want a 'free' version of DAH... go to MK on a really cold night! :-)

Separately, if I missed anyone posting DAH dates while I was away, please let me know.

Getting closer....

We have just purchased tickets for January 19th and we are looking forward to the night. It will be out first MK day for our trip as we arrive on the Wednesday. We aren't sure if we're going to go to MK in the morning for rope drop, then leave for an afternoon break and then return for the evening. We are AP holders so we wouldn't be wasting a day.

Currently we have FP for the morning to meet Mickey, ride the Jungle Cruise and meet Ariel. During the event, we want to focus on the Space, Big Thunder and Mine Train, Fairytale Hall.

A question for people who have attended for past years, is it usually a hard or soft close at the end of the event? Will the Bakery be open on the walk out? We will have a reservation for before the event starts and we don't want to waste time during the event but we might want to grab something to eat or coffee on the way back to the resort.

Also, using past years as a guide, if we enter MK early (from 3pm onwards) will we need to return to the front of the park to get our lanyards? Thank you!

Last edited:
We have just purchased tickets for January 19th and we are looking forward to the night. It will be out first MK day for our trip as we arrive on the Wednesday. We aren't sure if we're going to go to MK in the morning for rope drop, then leave for an afternoon break and then return for the evening. We are AP holders so we wouldn't be wasting a day.

Currently we have FP for the morning to meet Mickey, ride the Jungle Cruise and meet Ariel. During the event, we want to focus on the Space, Big Thunder and Mine Train, Fairytale Hall.

A question for people who have attended for past years, is it usually a hard or soft close at the end of the event? Will the Bakery be open on the walk out? We will have a reservation for before the event starts and we don't want to waste time during the event but we might want to grab something to eat or coffee on the way back to the resort.

Also, using past years as a guide, if we enter MK early (from 3pm onwards) will we need to return to the front of the park to get our lanyards? Thank you!

If I’m remembering correctly, I’d expect more of a hard close than anything else at the end. They want you out. :-) I can’t remember if that meant things like the Emporium and the MSB were still open as we were walking out, or not? Hopefully someone with a better memory than me knows for sure.

As for the lanyards, yes, they have historically started distributing them at/around 4pm... if you enter the park before then (which just for full clarity would be using another park admission type, not your DAH ticket), you’d need to go back “up front” at some point to get the lanyard. It’s not like MNSSHP and MVMCP where they set up check-in/wristband stations at places within the park.

Hope that helps!

What I remember is it being a hard close...agreed they want you out. On way out I remember trying to get another Main Street photo from the Photopass photographers but time was up and they were closing up...no stragglers allowed to wait in line.

I recall looking for a photopass on the way out last year and could not find one. And yes, it was very much a hard close.

One thing that annoyed me is that they closed one half of space mountain with 20-30 mins left to go. It was still essentially walk on, but I could no longer pick a side at will! (Rough life).

Just back from a few days at WDW. Somewhat off topic, but I feel I had my own personal DAH event last night (1/1/18).

It was a very, very cold day in Orlando and extremely windy. It was our last night and we didn't really have any plans. I had been watching the lowish wait times all day and by around 7pm I decided it was too tempting to pass up, so we bundled up and headed to MK.

Temps were in the 40s with a brutal whipping wind. The park was VERY DAH like... most rides were walk ons, walked into the hub 4 minutes before HEA and could have done flips. It was an amazing contrast to the prior two days!

Moral of the story - if you want a 'free' version of DAH... go to MK on a really cold night! :-)

Separately, if I missed anyone posting DAH dates while I was away, please let me know.

Getting closer....

Yeah, 1/1 was an awesome day in MK! I wasn’t there at night but it was a great time in the early afternoon. After the relatively big crowds all week, was a nice relief to be able to walk. We had primo seats that we got at 2:59 for the parade (that was subsequently cancelled). But later my oldest daughter got a ton of interaction and dancing on Main Street with the rainy day cavalcade.

I’m still scratching my head about my upcoming trip... DAH on 1/19 from 8-11 and the next night MK open until midnight. Makes no sense why MK is open so late...

Last edited:
Yeah, 1/1 was an awesome day in MK! I wasn’t there at night but it was a great time in the early afternoon. After the relatively big crowds all week, was a nice relief to be able to walk. We had primo seats that we got at 2:59 for the parade (that was subsequently cancelled). But later my oldest daughter got a ton of interaction and dancing on Main Street with the rainy day cavalcade.

I’m still scratching my head about my upcoming trip... DAH on 1/19 from 8-11 and the next night MK open until midnight. Makes no sense why MK is open so late...
1/20 is a Saturday and they commonly have extended hours on Saturdays because the park is generally more crowded that day. I think you'll definitely be able to do more during DAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter