"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going on 1/26 with my DD11 - it's part of a larger dance trip, but at this point it's just us doing this event (don't tell her, but I'm hoping it stays that way!). Unless something changed and I missed it, it's an 8-11 DAH with an 8pm HEA.

I want to have a loose plan beforehand but maintain flexibility! We're not sure about watching HEA - it cuts into DAH, but some of her dance friends may be there and she may want to do that with them, so we're in negotiations! If she does not want to watch HEA, I'd probably start at BTMR so we can enjoy some fireworks while we ride, plus I've heard 7DMT tends to be busier at the start of the event. Splash is down I believe, which is a bummer since I was hoping for an empty boat picture, but I'm trying to look at the bright side in that it's a long ride. Beyond that, we plan to review the list of 2017 Attractions, just to get an idea of things that we might want to eliminate, so we don't spend time contemplating when we're on the move. Of course, that's not to say we wouldn't do something spontaneously if the spirit moves us! Like I said, just more to have a general plan in case there are things we want to rule out, like I'm guessing she probably won't want to do M&Gs but who knows?

Also, I love your name/avatar!
We love being on BTMR during fireworks! We did it for the first time last year and it was one of my favorite parts of our trip! I still haven't decided if we will watch fireworks or not. I'm leaning towards no, but it is our niece's 1st trip and that's our first day at MK so I don't want her getting upset about not watching them. I might just convince her that we will get to see them two days later.
Quantity for sure. We have FPs for Jungle Cruise (we want to ride it in the daylight and at nighttime), Splash Mountain (in case it's too cold once the sun goes down) and Haunted Mansion scheduled ahead of the event start. Pretty sure we are going to ditch the last FP and do People Mover and CoP in case these aren't open after closing.

After that it's fireworks, then on to adventureland, over to frontierland, Liberty Square then across the park to Tomorrowland and ending in Fantasyland!

On the fence about meet and greets.
This sounds almost exactly like our plan! I have a dinner ADR at BOG for 4:15, then FPs for Jungle Cruise, Splash, and Haunted Mansion. I was going to start in Adventureland, but Pirates will be closed so I don't think there is anything else there I want to do.

Its looking like my trip that will include DAH is coming together .:cheer2:

I have a question for everyone - we've never seen HEA from inside the park. I currently have the dessert party booked on my DAH night. I realize it will tie up the first 20 minutes of DAH, but I think we'd enjoy watching the show with a good vantage point. On the other hand, I've done BTMRR during the fireworks and it was absolutely AWESOME!!! Should we go ahead and do the dessert party or bag it for this trip and try to ride BTMRR over and over? Its a quick trip, so we won't be in MK any other evenings. Thoughts?

I have a question for everyone - we've never seen HEA from inside the park. I currently have the dessert party booked on my DAH night. I realize it will tie up the first 20 minutes of DAH, but I think we'd enjoy watching the show with a good vantage point. On the other hand, I've done BTMRR during the fireworks and it was absolutely AWESOME!!! Should we go ahead and do the dessert party or bag it for this trip and try to ride BTMRR over and over? Its a quick trip, so we won't be in MK any other evenings. Thoughts?

Earlier on this thread there is discussion about doing dessert party same night. You might want to go back a bit and find that. I think it just comes down to what kind of experience you want. Definitely worth seeing HEA inside park in front of castle because it is so projection based. But if you want to ride BTMRR and focus on that it would be fun too. Maybe talk to your group and decide what their preference is.

Currently in th debating stage of purchasing tickets for 2/15. My thoughts are with this being most likely a busy week at the parks and MK is always busy... And this is the last time I will be there (AP expires soon) and won't be back probably for about three years. I could take one of my other days I had dedicated to MK and go to EPCOT for Arts more! decisions decisions!

Are buses to the resorts still running when AFter Hours is over.....and If so for how long

Tough call. HEA is great in front of the castle... to me, watching from somewhere like BTMR is not a great substitute.

If you go frequently and will have other chances to see HEA, I'd maybe say pass on the dessert party and go ride rides. But if you don't go often, I think I'd want to watch from the front.

I ended up seeing HEA quite a bit in 2017, including last weekend (1/1)... such a great show.

Is Memory Maker offered for this event, or would I need to purchase (if available?) a one-day MM? Not entirely sure that I would, but would like to know if it’s an option...

Are buses to the resorts still running when AFter Hours is over.....and If so for how long

I believe Disney will provide some kind of transportation until everyone is out of the park. When we went to the DVC 25th Anniversary Party in March 2016 we were staying at Pop (out of points!) and there was a CM at the entrance to the bus depot who directed us to a waiting bus. I think it was supposed to go to several different resorts, but we ended up being the only ones on the bus! Disney won't leave anyone stranded, but they may combine bus routes so that the trip "home" is a little longer than normal.

Is Memory Maker offered for this event, or would I need to purchase (if available?) a one-day MM? Not entirely sure that I would, but would like to know if it’s an option...

There are PhotoPass photographers around (mainly Main Street if I remember correctly) and the typical ride photos where available are still in operation during DAH. To my understanding, you do need to purchase Memory Maker to download the photos. Unless this has changed, I thought there was a one-day Memory Maker option for $59 available.

Big caveat in that I'm an AP holder so get it for free, so I'm not totally up to speed on the latest MM details.

They'll run buses until everyone is home, like any night. What will be different is what resorts are served on your bus route. Depending on your resort you 'may' end up with potentially non-traditional sharing arrangements.

I agree with PP - tough call! However, having ridden BTMRR during fireworks as well as having seen HEA without and then with the dessert party, I think I'd keep the dessert party reservations, since it sounds like you've enjoyed fireworks from BTMRR in the past. Because of the projections, HEA just isn't as good when you can't see the castle.

I think you can download individual pictures for $15. I don’t imagine you would get that many pictures during dah so this might be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter